X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

Continuing from the last thread.

Regarding the costumes, it's all about the fabric.

I like how most of the movies are now adapting them. Captain America's costume was one I thought would never work, but they've done a great job giving it reason to exist, even using the "show" costume as a jumping off point to strap on web gear and pouches, and now with kevlar-like fabrics.

For First Class, they based the uniforms on flight suits of the day, using actual fabric from the 60's.

Deadpool somehow got away with taking a spandex skin suit and making it work as clothes, but again they took the black color patches and turned them into pads over the red suit with fabric with a lot of texture. Not smooth spandex.

The leather costumes of the X-Men or even Daredevil never bothered me too much, though. I'm glad to see them move away from that. It fit the timeperiod (post-Matrix).

Since Apocalypse takes place in the 80's I hope they don't give our heroes Members Only jackets and leg warmers. 

ETA: Updated thread title to include all X-Titles

Since Apocalypse takes place in the 80's I hope they don't give our heroes Members Only jackets and leg warmers.

Funny... I hope that's exactly what they do when the team is "off duty."

:lol:

Funny... I hope that's exactly what they do when the team is "off duty."

:lol:

Aerobicize on their off time?

"Get Physical. Physical. Come on, get physical. Let me hear your body talk. Body talk..." 

Or break dance. Nightcrawler should be pulling out that cardboard and huge boombox to practice every chance he gets.

Aerobicize on their off time?

"Get Physical. Physical. Come on, get physical. Let me hear your body talk. Body talk..." 

Or break dance. Nightcrawler should be pulling out that cardboard and huge boombox to practice every chance he gets.

The X-ercise men.

Rob Leifeld FTL!

His drawings were fucking horrible.

But he's an inspiration to us all in the sense you don't have to be good at something to be successful at it...

I guess he did give us Cable and Deadpool. It's not like many other marvel characters from that era (or since) have really stuck around in a big way.

There's a great website with examples and commentary on some of his worst pieces. I always get the liefeld cap america stuck in my head/

And just because it made me think of it: http://thehawkeyeinitiative.com/

That's a pretty effective way of hammering the point home. I've heard the Dick Grayson book does this as part of the story/art.

Faster Than Light?

I remember this article from a while ago, this dude really hated him.

That's the one!  The vitriol is dripping off the page. Plus, he manages to point out how awful the "passable" examples are - although I'd like to see the guy tackle comic art in general as he does spot things that pass me by

Is it worth starting a Gambit  thread? (If there is one I couldn't find it)

Anyway and offer has been made to Léa Seydoux to be Belladonna

http://screenrant.com/gambit-lea-seydoux-belladonna-boudreaux-casting/

I could modify the name of this thread to include Gambit. Are we going to have enough discussion for now to warrant separate threads?

And I love the casting for Belladonna.

Done.

Speaking of Gambit, I'm hoping they just open his movie on him without "needing" to have a cameo in Apocalypse. Bring him into the X-fold later or even as a post-credit scene.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived