X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

My favorite of the pre-image time was Whilce Portacio. I'm sad that he had so many personal problems that he couldn't get consistent. His work on X-factor was incredible. 

His artwork was pretty amazing. I think he drawing was one of the first times I flipped back to the beginning of the book to see who the artist was. I remember really liking Jim Lee too, but Portacio brought a great kinetic quality to X-Factor.

• 3 weeks later...

Singer talking about what they're doing with Apocalypse. http://screenrant.com/xmen-apocalypse-new-powers-origin-explained/

But the important part is this:

He moves from body to body. Apocalypse himself is not a physical form, he’s an energy. I don’t know what he is. What he does is he accumulates powers over the millenia by moving from body to body, and what’s wonderful is he thinks in the beginning of the film he’s found this great body. I don’t want to give away what the power of the body this mutant has but it’s a familiar one that you’ve seen a number of very famous mutants have. It kind of ends up being the wrong one because he gets stuck in it for a long time, but then suddenly he has this opportunity and that becomes his agenda.

“He has a number of different powers that he’s acquired over the years as he’s moved from body to body, accumulating these various abilities. One of them is to imbue other mutants and to heighten their powers and abilities beyond anything they ever imagined. Secondly he can shield from psychic powers, he can form shields so that it makes it harder for a psychic like Xavier to tap in and get to them. He’s not a psychic himself though. He can amplify your power, transform you as a mutant but his ability to physically damage, destroy, or build is in the non-biological world. That’s in the physical world, he can change the inorganic molecules of things.

My main question is just: WHY‽ He sounds like Shadow King or the Phoenix.

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Singer talking about what they're doing with Apocalypse. http://screenrant.com/xmen-apocalypse-new-powers-origin-explained/

But the important part is this:

My main question is just: WHY‽ He sounds like Shadow King or the Phoenix.

It does sound more like the shadow king. I guess they just really liked the name "apocalypse". 

What do you think the power is that a lot of mutants have? I'm thinking healing factor as that way he can live a long time. It would actually have been a good reason to have Wolverine present. Maybe he tries Logan but his healing factor rejects him? I find it hard to believe Jackman won't at least get a guest appearance in the film.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I have heard sofar about this production that I've disliked is Jennifer Lawrence and her dislike of playing the Mystique character. Not a fan of her acting anyway. Everything else, including the cast in general, looks very interesting.

47 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

The Asian X-woman doesn't ring a bell though, wonder who she is...

Jubilee is supposed to be in it,maybe her?

12 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

The only thing I have heard sofar about this production that I've disliked is Jennifer Lawrence and her dislike of playing the Mystique character. Not a fan of her acting anyway. Everything else, including the cast in general, looks very interesting.

Maybe regretting signing a 3 film deal as a supporting character just prior to her become an A-lister? Still, she should be professional about it or break the contract. At the time she was probably glad of the exposure.

Its funny that so far the best representation of the Xmen I've managed to see has been in the Deadpool trailer. I really quite like Colossus in that, far more than anything they did in the movies. Also the girl (not going to go through her name) wearing a proper Xmen costume.. it looked really good. I've never been a fan of the 'real' looks they have used for the xmen so far. 

Whisper it.. but I don't even like Jackmans Wolverine much.. 

Archived