X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

The Asian X-woman doesn't ring a bell though, wonder who she is...

3 hours ago, red snow said:

Jubilee is supposed to be in it,maybe her?

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Think it's Jubilee.

1 hour ago, NestorMakhnosLovechild said:

almost-too-lifelike-Asian-Jubilee(?)

Wait, I thought that was just a regular woman posing with the cutout? She definitely does not look like the others. 

And yeah I dunno why they left off Cyclops, Havok and probably Jubiliee.

3 minutes ago, NestorMakhnosLovechild said:

That's what I thought!

Make that three of us!

As to Xavier's bald look... I don't see it as artistic license.  Its pretty much the iconic defining feature of the character.  Almost like trying to have Cyclops without glasses or Angel without wings IMHO.

Here's my question... will this movie address why Apocalypse shows up in this timeline but may not have ever shown up in the original timeline?

DOFP shows us that First Class was the same X world up until Mystique/Magneto changes it.  So did the X team never meet up with the big blue baddie originally? 

28 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Make that three of us!

As to Xavier's bald look... I don't see it as artistic license.  Its pretty much the iconic defining feature of the character.  Almost like trying to have Cyclops without glasses or Angel without wings IMHO.

Put me down for four.

But Cyclops' glasses and Angel's wings are part of their powers, so changing that would fundamentally change their characters. Xavier's baldness is not... or is it?

1 hour ago, NestorMakhnosLovechild said:

That's what I thought!

I laid an evil trap when I asked "I wonder who the Asian x-woman is supposed to be" , wondering if others also noticed that was a bystander who inserted herself into the pic.

4 hours ago, Kalbear said:

To be fair it's a picture of a cutout display at a movie theater. Not exactly the nicest fidelity, that.

I thought it was just a "fun" way of them showing they had a new cast member (but haven't had the chance to do a new group photo?). Singer's instagram site seems to be littered with that kind of stuff.

EDIT: But the Jubilee actress doesn't resembel the girl in the photo so she could just be someone having their photo taken with the cut-outs. Guess I'd probably do the same - although my ginger hair means I am a mutant :)

So no HAvok or Cyclops in the line-up. I suspect Havok is mainly used in the trailer and is the first to fall to show us how tough Apocalypse is. Singer does not like the Summers.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Here's my question... will this movie address why Apocalypse shows up in this timeline but may not have ever shown up in the original timeline?

DOFP shows us that First Class was the same X world up until Mystique/Magneto changes it.  So did the X team never meet up with the big blue baddie originally? 

Apocalypse likely didn't show up. The Age of Apocalypse storyline/timeline existed because of mutants big emergence happening earlier (Magneto fights Legion) than the original timeline. Apocalypse is in stasis and is awakened because of it. The same could be true (at least somewhat) here, Mutants were at Cuba but as was mentioned in DoFP 'that was never proved.' I suspect some big event will trigger his awakening, is it too much to ask for Sinister to be involved? (I know he's not been announced or cast but I can dream right?) Apocalypse is world ending trouble, I doubt he'd have been in the original timeline and just forgotten, he'd be the reason folk hate and fear Mutants.

26 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Apocalypse likely didn't show up. The Age of Apocalypse storyline/timeline existed because of mutants big emergence happening earlier (Magneto fights Legion) than the original timeline. Apocalypse is in stasis and is awakened because of it. The same could be true (at least somewhat) here, Mutants were at Cuba but as was mentioned in DoFP 'that was never proved.' I suspect some big event will trigger his awakening, is it too much to ask for Sinister to be involved? (I know he's not been announced or cast but I can dream right?) Apocalypse is world ending trouble, I doubt he'd have been in the original timeline and just forgotten, he'd be the reason folk hate and fear Mutants.

One that might make a bit of sense is that in this timeline, the X-men defeat Trask and derail the Sentinel program, thus kind of leaving a safer world for Apocalypse to emerge in. Whereas the timeline that Wolvie was coming back from in the last flick was overrun with/controlled by Sentinels. 

13 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

One that might make a bit of sense is that in this timeline, the X-men defeat Trask and derail the Sentinel program, thus kind of leaving a safer world for Apocalypse to emerge in. Whereas the timeline that Wolvie was coming back from in the last flick was overrun with/controlled by Sentinels. 

Apoc wouldn't be scared of a few sentinels, his whole thing is fighting for supremacy. I think from what I've heard from Singer Apocalypse is more trapped than in his voluntary stasis, there'll be some event to awaken him that didn't take place in the original timeline.

Singer never killed Scott Summers, I don't think he was even really attached to X-3 after Matthew Vaughn left the project. They chose to kill the character in that way because he ditched out of his contract in favor of a supporting role in the godawful Superman movie.

No, not 'Man of Steel', the one where the guy's hair was clearly CGI and the main trailer featured that cringeworthy bullet to the eye shot.

Archived