X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

My friends and I are seeing this for Sophie. She's already selling tickets and will be a future massive box office draw.

Just like Sam Wortington or Jai Courtney :P Kidding I hope she gives a great performance and gets a good career out of this. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

That's a pretty bad poster. I like the Apocalypse and Angel bit, but the rest is just bad.

I guess at least you like Apocalypse which is something few of us thought we'd ever write/read.

It does look cheap though like an ad for some children's tv show. Surely Fox can afford to produce better posters than this?

6 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I really wish we hadn't got some big star as Mystique, there's no reason for her to be fighting on Xavier's side, and WHY THE FUCK ISN'T SHE EVER BLUE!

You answered yourown question, because she's a big star, and they don't want to cover her up. I've also heard she doesn't like it. :dunno:

These X-movies seem to be on the right track.... bad poster art aside, I am optimistic... after screwing up the original line-up (and turning Rogue into Jubilee) .... they've reset the timeline and given themselves a chance to right a shit-ton of wrongs...  So I think this'll be a good --or perhaps even very good-- movie... So I'll be there, giant tub of popcorn in hand.

9 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

CdMdRxUW8AApjKS.jpg

Mystique and the X-Men

Maybe they should just call it Mystique-men or more accurately JLaw-men?

9 hours ago, Relic said:

I think Fox needs to fire the art dept behind the promotion of this. Thems be some atrocious movie posters.  

All I can think of in their defence is that they are trying to be 80s with them but failed to make it really clear that's what they were doing and wind up looking shit. Which means they've still done a terrible job?

I can only assume the promo team for Deadpool have been given a bonus and holiday as it's hard to see how there's any connection in promotion quality.

8 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I really wish we hadn't got some big star as Mystique, there's no reason for her to be fighting on Xavier's side, and WHY THE FUCK ISN'T SHE EVER BLUE!

In fairness, I don't think it was their plan either. Lawrence wasn't an A-lister when she was in First Class. Then she became massive. In one sense they lucked out in having a huge star contracted for the sequels but she may have become a limitation now.

8 hours ago, Nictarion said:

You answered yourown question, because she's a big star, and they don't want to cover her up. I've also heard she doesn't like it. :dunno:

I'm hoping for some really dubious explanation in the film for why she's utterly betrayed the point of the character in the sense she was supposed to embrace her real self despite the fact she could be anyone. I'm going for some BS of it being her right to choose how she looks but I'd also be amused with "I'm trans-mutant/human" or "my powers don't work and this is what I'd look like if I wasn't a mutant". Of course without powers you'd have to wonder why she was leading them.

Poor Havok, he's looking more dead than War Machine in Civil War (who so obviously appears to be getting killed off you have to think that it's misdirection). He got to listen to all that exposition in the initial trailer only to be missing from the team posters, etc.

6 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

These X-movies seem to be on the right track.... bad poster art aside, I am optimistic... after screwing up the original line-up (and turning Rogue into Jubilee)

Never a good idea. Rogue >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jubilee.

(It's not that I dislike Jubilee. But Rogue >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jubilee.)

As for why Mystique isn't blue, hey, with Beast and Nightcrawler already on the team maybe they just ran out of blue. :P

Archived