X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

40 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

So, Empire (hilariously) published a team photo, which is a pretty big spoiler, in my view. I'm going to post the link, instead of outright posting the picture. We see costumes and what can only be assumed is the final team roster at the end of the movie.

Picture

Best picture they've released by far.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:06 PM, red snow said:

Then again General Woundwort is still the most terrifying villain in film for me so childhood can influence things.

Dude... General Woundwort is the most terrifying villain of all time.  That rabbit was all kinds of scary.

Anya Taylor-Joy, the breakout star of indie horror hit The Witch, will play Ilya Rasputin, aka Magik. In a recent interview, producer Simon Kinberg played coy about the character’s involvement in New Mutants, making her inclusion in the film seem fairly obvious.

For those of us who don't closely follow all things X related...  What is the obvious connection here?

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

For those of us who don't closely follow all things X related...  What is the obvious connection here?

I think the article is just noting the fact that, when asked whether Magik -- an original member of the New Mutants, Colossus's sister, and current X-Man -- would be involved in the movie, Kinberg danced around the question, making it seem obvious that she was going to be in the movie.

Also appropriate that an actress coming off The Witch is playing Magik, since Magik is, well, magic.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Have to say the Sky advert is maybe the best trailer for this movie so far! 

I wonder if the actor dies inside a little when doing these ads? I mean, a lot of actors must think they've put the work in adverts behind them once in films.

The X-men films seem to be particularly shamless in advertising anything ireespective of cringe factor if the money is right. I guess it happens with a lot of other films but they don't usually involve the cast so obviously. I guess it's not like J-law and Fassbender are involved.

I guess these are the things that need to happen for films to get made these days (and is probably also a significant bump outside ticket sales).

It's balanced out by the fake history ad which is quite fun

Just now, red snow said:

I wonder if the actor dies inside a little when doing these ads? I mean, a lot of actors must think they've put the work in adverts behind them once in films.

The X-men films seem to be particularly shamless in advertising anything ireespective of cringe factor if the money is right. I guess it happens with a lot of other films but they don't usually involve the cast so obviously. I guess it's not like J-law and Fassbender are involved.

I guess these are the things that need to happen for films to get made these days (and is probably also a significant bump outside ticket sales).

It's balanced out by the fake history ad which is quite fun

I doubt it, most actors have made peace with selling their soul for money and doing things purely for commercial purposes. 

I'm sure they've all done crappy roles to get work or pay the bills. And they all have to do press events and interviews. If they were only fuelled by artistic integrity they would have left the industry long ago.

.. and its not like the Xmen are high art movies! Fassbenders an amazing actor, but you have to wonder what he thinks of them. 

31 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I doubt it, most actors have made peace with selling their soul for money and doing things purely for commercial purposes. 

I'm sure they've all done crappy roles to get work or pay the bills. And they all have to do press events and interviews. If they were only fuelled by artistic integrity they would have left the industry long ago.

.. and its not like the Xmen are high art movies! Fassbenders an amazing actor, but you have to wonder what he thinks of them. 

I suspect Fassbender thinks "it lets me do MacBeth/indy film".

9 minutes ago, red snow said:

I suspect Fassbender thinks "it lets me do MacBeth/indy film".

Reminds me of the Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season section of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when Affleck and Damon are talking about doing the big money film so you can then do the art film.  And then Damon says "And sometimes you do Reindeer Games."  :lol: 

Archived