X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

3 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Apoc wouldn't be scared of a few sentinels, his whole thing is fighting for supremacy. I think from what I've heard from Singer Apocalypse is more trapped than in his voluntary stasis, there'll be some event to awaken him that didn't take place in the original timeline.

Eh, it wasn't just "a few Sentinels". I don't know. I would think he's just as soon as not fuck with a timeline where just about every mutant has been hunted to extinction. A big part of his shtick is ruling over mutantdom, right? Not much left to rule over in that timeline.

‘Legion’: Dan Stevens To Play The Lead In FX Marvel Pilot, Aubrey Plaza & Jean Smart Co-Star

Downton Abbey heartthrob Dan Stevens is returning to television as a superhero, signing on for the title role in Legion, FX’s X-Men-universe pilot from Fargo creator Noah Hawley. Co-starring in the pilot, from Marvel TV and FX Prods., are Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart, joining previously cast Rachel Keller.

Fargo‘s Hawley wrote the pilot and serves as an executive producer along with Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg of the X-Men feature franchise, Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb, as well as Jim Chory and John Cameron.

6 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Singer never killed Scott Summers, I don't think he was even really attached to X-3 after Matthew Vaughn left the project. They chose to kill the character in that way because he ditched out of his contract in favor of a supporting role in the godawful Superman movie.

No, not 'Man of Steel', the one where the guy's hair was clearly CGI and the main trailer featured that cringeworthy bullet to the eye shot.

True, but he didn't exactly trear him well in the first two either. He was basically the uncool guy who cock-blocked Wolverine and held Jean back.

7 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

One that might make a bit of sense is that in this timeline, the X-men defeat Trask and derail the Sentinel program, thus kind of leaving a safer world for Apocalypse to emerge in. Whereas the timeline that Wolvie was coming back from in the last flick was overrun with/controlled by Sentinels. 

It's murky as you'd think it would only really mean he turns up in the present day but he's turning up earlier in the timeline so it has to be due to something more immediate than the super sentinels being created. I can't even remember if there were people who should have died back in DOFP who survived the Trask situation. The post credits scene didn't exactly help either.

6 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Apoc wouldn't be scared of a few sentinels, his whole thing is fighting for supremacy. I think from what I've heard from Singer Apocalypse is more trapped than in his voluntary stasis, there'll be some event to awaken him that didn't take place in the original timeline.

In that case it's probably Mystique who finds it because she wants a meatier role in the film.

29 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

I have seen better cosplay:lol:

Seriously, tell me there's an appreciable difference between something like that and something like this:

psylocke_cosplay_by_lord_angelus-d5jyiqs

Maybe in the film her mutant power causes a lot of heat to be generated in that area and she needs the window or she'd pass out? :dunno:

Or it's a cunning ninja distraction technique? :ph34r:

Apparently the actress was saying she'd like a psylocke solo film (I guess most of the cast would say the same thing). I guess if Gamit can, anyone is fair game.

If Olivia Munn (and to a lesser extent, Ben Hardy) can pull this off, Rather than a solo film,  I think there is a good possibility of an X-Force flick... and it would be a good opportunity to re-cast for Hugh Jackman

Love the Wolverine, Deadpool, Fantomex, Psylocke, Angel line-up... and there's always room for Domino & Cable in the story....lol

10 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

If Olivia Munn (and to a lesser extent, Ben Hardy) can pull this off, Rather than a solo film,  I think there is a good possibility of an X-Force flick... and it would be a good opportunity to re-cast for Hugh Jackman

Love the Wolverine, Deadpool, Fantomex, Psylocke, Angel line-up... and there's always room for Domino & Cable in the story....lol

An X-force film would be a good call. I'm guessing Gambit would wind up a member in the film version (unless it bombs). I think Deadpool is set to take over from Wolverine. It may be a good time to have him sit it out before bringing in the new version. The Deadpool director seems intent in having Cable in a potential (at this point more inevitable) deadpool sequel.

I guess it depends how tightly Singer wants to keep his part of the franchise. If they kill apocalypse in this one it could still justify X-force if they are tracking down the next incarnation.

Hated the music in the trailer. I'm not a big fan of soft rock versions of old songs anyhow but this one particularly grates. Compare it to Queen in the Suicide Squad trailer.

18 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Does anyone know when Gambit is set? AoA is in the 80's and Deadpool is in modern times. It'd be interesting if they did go with two different time periods, of course Cable can get around that pretty easily.

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be contemporary? Which could be problematic if Psylocke is supposed to be in her 50s. And also tricky for her solo films. Then again, with Cable's timetravel he can always assemble a team from throughout the timeline.

On February 6, 2016 at 0:16 PM, Red Tiger said:

Which one do you think is better?

You know, it's close enough that I can't say for sure.

Which is not a good thing for a multimillion dollar production.

Just now, Rhom said:

You know, it's close enough that I can't say for sure.

Which is not a good thing for a multimillion dollar production.

Yeah, they both suck, but the studio can probably say "Hey, 80's fashion just sucked" or some nonsense like that.

Archived