X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

The people involved with Deadpool seem pretty open about wanting Cable if they get a sequel.

Liefeld must be delighted. As much as people hate him as an artist he's pretty much the only person at marvel who has created successful post 80s characters. Even if it were other creators who established the character.

Cable does work well with Deadpool and I have a soft spot for Messiah figure from a future that's doomed.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good. Is Hugh Jackman sitting this one out? 

I thought he was one of the horsemen?  Or am I misremembering that?

ETA: That looks really good, I skipped seeing DoFP in the theater, but I think I'll want to see this on the big screen.

Does look good, even if Apoc is too skinny :PAnd I Mytique is meant to be blue most of the time damnit!

Wolverine isn't one of the horsemen, (at least not the confirmed ones.) They are: (Arch)Angel, Storm, Magneto and Psylocke (they're faces all flash up when the trailer mentions the horsemen. Jackman seems to have been on the set (it was revealed he had a bag made for him, in tweet from a shop that was taken down when it was reported on) but it's likely just a smallish cameo to keep his track record of all for all complete (similar to his appearance in First Class.)

Liefeld must be delighted. As much as people hate him as an artist he's pretty much the only person at marvel who has created successful post 80s characters.

Er... Kamala Khan? Jessica Jones? Kate Bishop? Silk? X-23? Sentry? Sure, a number of those are legacies or derivative, but Cable's a Summers, and Deadpool was created as a direct copy of Deathstroke.

Other than seeing her face for 1 second, did we even get a glimpse of psylocke? They showed Archangel flying, Storm landing with lightning and Magneto controlling metal, then it cuts to Apocalypse. And she's also the only one we don't see when they show the cerebro hallway scene. Kind of like they cut her out of those scenes for the trailer. Weird. 

Other than that, this looks amazing. Man, it's a good time to be a comic nerd.

Does look good, even if Apoc is too skinny :PAnd I Mytique is meant to be blue most of the time damnit!

Wolverine isn't one of the horsemen, (at least not the confirmed ones.) They are: (Arch)Angel, Storm, Magneto and Psylocke (they're faces all flash up when the trailer mentions the horsemen. Jackman seems to have been on the set (it was revealed he had a bag made for him, in tweet from a shop that was taken down when it was reported on) but it's likely just a smallish cameo to keep his track record of all for all complete (similar to his appearance in First Class.)

Thanks, Storm was the one I was forgetting, and for some reason Wolverine took her place in my mind. :thumbsup:

Er... Kamala Khan? Jessica Jones? Kate Bishop? Silk? X-23? Sentry? Sure, a number of those are legacies or derivative, but Cable's a Summers, and Deadpool was created as a direct copy of Deathstroke.

Yeah, to say that we havent had good Marvel legacy characters is a little bit off, this isnt DC where they're constantly tossed to the side.

Other than seeing her face for 1 second, did we even get a glimpse of psylocke? They showed Archangel flying, Storm landing with lightning and Magneto controlling metal, then it cuts to Apocalypse. And she's also the only one we don't see when they show the cerebro hallway scene. Kind of like they cut her out of those scenes for the trailer. Weird.

If you freezeframe it she is in the hallway scene, you can see her when the wheelchair starts rising, stood to the right of Magneto. But yes she doesn't seem to appear apart from that, which is odd seeing how she was in that promotional image in Empire.

Also interestingly I saw a shot of New York and was like: 'What? The Twin Towers?' But then realised this film is 80's, that was a nice touch I thought.

Havok seemed quite prominent in the trailer. Storm looks badass, I hope she gets enough focus.

I dunno if it's because I watched the leaked Comic Con trailer, but this one didn't move me much. I'm excited for the movie, nonetheless. Just pretty down on the fact that they've seemed to regressed back to the all-black. After seeing the X-Men in black leather for so many years, I'd love to see Cyke in his blue suit, or Jean wearing yellow/blue or green. Also, I still am not impressed with Apoc's look. He looks much better in pictures. Hopefully Isaac sells the shit out of it on screen.

looks cool. Given Singer's track record this is probably the safe bet for comic hero film of the year despite the high profile releases.

Apocalypse looks a lot better in some scenes so I think whoever was involved in the empire PR shots needs telling off. I'm also pleased that the big A appears to be able to shape-shift etc. Probably will turn out to be Mystique's dad or something (don't think they ever did that in the comics)

Is Katniss now the leader of X-men? So lame. 

I hadn't considered that but I guess she might be the field leader out of that group. Cyclops is too young and the Beast isn't really a leader. Havok should be a better fit given he was in the army in DOFP but i have a feeling he's going to be a character who dies in order to show us how deadly Apocalypse is.

It doesn't really fit with Mystique's "lackey" status in X1/X2 but I guess you  have to pander to an A-list actress when you have her on board.

I hadn't considered that but I guess she might be the field leader out of that group. Cyclops is too young and the Beast isn't really a leader. Havok should be a better fit given he was in the army in DOFP but i have a feeling he's going to be a character who dies in order to show us how deadly Apocalypse is.

It doesn't really fit with Mystique's "lackey" status in X1/X2 but I guess you  have to pander to an A-list actress when you have her on board.

Eh, Mystique was always the field leader of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and the defacto leader once Magneto left. Seems a natural choice really. 

Don't really care about Mystique's resume, as this is obviously a case of the role servicing the actor as opposed to the other way around. Fox had no idea they were getting someone on the road to getting her own nickname -- JLaw. Now that JLaw is JLaw, Mystique has suddenly become the most influential mutant since Professor X and Magneto. It's smart on the studio's part, but the beefed up role Mystique has received is somewhat cringe-worthy for me. Because, like...Mystique and stuff.

Add to that the fact that "mutant and proud" Mystique is never blue in the trailer. Weird choice for the character. Understandable choice by the studio, as JLaw apparently hates the makeup. So, yeah, role servicing the actor as opposed to the other way around.

Archived