Video Games: Excuse me Sir, the machine ate my quarter

Howdyphillip

And we lost the three pages debating the difficulty of Diablo 3!! :P

So far I've been a bit meh about the DLCs for DA:I, mostly because it felt the DA2 and DA:O ones were more character centric while the DA:I ones aren't really. But perhaps I should give them another whirl and not be such a grumpy old git.

Well, we'd best go over it again to make sure people don't forget all the finer points.

Hakkon and Decent both have a lot of lore in them so they flesh out the world of Thedas a lot. And Decent has fun fights against darkspawn. The best darkspawn fights since DA:O. Though there is one fight that feels very DA2 with the whole multiple spawns of enemies thing, and rather than being challenging is just starts to become tedious, AND if you go back to that location later you have to go through the whole fight again.

Invisible Inc and Don't Starve are on sale for 50 and 75% off, respectively, with free weekend trials.  So far, I'm really liking II, though its hard, goddamn.  I thought I was pretty decent at XCOM and sneaking games so figured I'd be alright, but so far I've wiped three times on experienced and am thinking about jumping back to easy just so I can get an idea of what kind of toys/enemies are even available.  Its got some roguelike aspects to it (I unlocked two new agents I can chose to start with, and I'm getting some new starter programs for my AI too) which keeps things fresh and doesn't make me feel like I'm beating my head against a wall.

Also, I really like the "rewind" feature.  Tied in with difficulty (you get fewer as it gets harder), its basically a built-in savescum feature so you don't feel tempted to do so on your own, which also softens the blow of mis-clicks and whatnot, which really helps ease me into the game.  

I'm also really, really bad at bugging out when things go south, which ended the last run.  I'd been on top of it and had snagged some great programs, felt pretty good, and then everything went awful because I forgot about a drone and security guard behind me.  And once one agent got pinned, the other bugged out leaving me with only one next mission, where it fell apart.  Oh well.  

So i'm really loving the xbox backwards compatibility. Since my friend put my account as his "home xbox" account, and i did the same with his, now i get all his digital downloading games free and he gets mine, so the first batch of xbox 360 games that work on xbox, i already have fallout 3, just cause 2, rainbow six vegas 1 and 2, mirror's edge, dirt 3, etc. 

New dashboard looks sweet too.

I was going to wait a bit for it to go down in price (and for the plethora of Bethesda unintended 'features,' aka bugs, to get fixed), but I just bought Fallout 4

*sigh*

I am a weak, dumb animal.

You will not regret being a weak, dumb animal. I don't. :D

You will not regret being a weak, dumb animal. I don't. :D

It just finished downloading but I won't be able to plunge my filthy paws in until later today. Need to go run some errands for a couple of hours.

Things would be so much simpler if I just didn't need to eat.

Invisible Inc and Don't Starve are on sale for 50 and 75% off, respectively, with free weekend trials.  So far, I'm really liking II, though its hard, goddamn.  I thought I was pretty decent at XCOM and sneaking games so figured I'd be alright, but so far I've wiped three times on experienced and am thinking about jumping back to easy just so I can get an idea of what kind of toys/enemies are even available.  Its got some roguelike aspects to it (I unlocked two new agents I can chose to start with, and I'm getting some new starter programs for my AI too) which keeps things fresh and doesn't make me feel like I'm beating my head against a wall.

Also, I really like the "rewind" feature.  Tied in with difficulty (you get fewer as it gets harder), its basically a built-in savescum feature so you don't feel tempted to do so on your own, which also softens the blow of mis-clicks and whatnot, which really helps ease me into the game.  

I'm also really, really bad at bugging out when things go south, which ended the last run.  I'd been on top of it and had snagged some great programs, felt pretty good, and then everything went awful because I forgot about a drone and security guard behind me.  And once one agent got pinned, the other bugged out leaving me with only one next mission, where it fell apart.  Oh well.  

I've played a couple of hours only of Invisible Inc, but I found it only takes one questionable decision before an entire run falls apart. If you make too many wrong moves, even the rewind feature isn't enough to save you.

I also gave up on experienced very, very quickly just because I was doing horribly badly. It's a very fun but almost punishingly challenging game.

Bwahahahahaha

Hilarity ensues in Legacy of the Void.  :lmao: In typical Blizzard dry humor, a character that I shall leave nameless for fear of spoilers just rattled off tales of his war exploits that were Protoss versions of great movies like Die Hard, Saving Private Ryan, Predator, and several others.

I didn't recognize them all, but the Die Hard one was hilarious when he says that during the sacred holiday of Kay'mhras (or something like that) terrorists took over a tower and after crawling barefoot across shattered Khaydarin crystals, he slayed all the enemies with their own warp blades.  :lol:

Must have missed that. Who? When?

Must have missed that. Who? When?

Fenix.  At some point before I fought the Tal'Darim.  It wasn't a highlighted conversation, I just kept clicking on him and he kept spewing hilarity.

The Saving Private Ryan one talked about how he and a elite squad were dispatched behind enemy lines to rescue the last survivor of four zealot brothers and in the end only he and the brother survived.

Predator he was dispatched to negotiate a hostage release and wound up fighting an alien hunter in the jungle and survived a nuclear explosion.

:D

If I had realized what was going on sooner (and that they wouldn't be repeatable) I would have screenshotted them.

Ugh - having a Terran mission in the epilogue of LotV just finished the game for me.  Grosse -.- Terrans.

The last mission is a zerg one. Also, if you think about it, the SC2 campaigns follow the same line as SC1 campaigns - Terran, Zerg, Protoss, while the epilogue mission are like BW campaigns - Protoss, Terran, Zerg. Very neat, in my opinion.

I mean, I don't even play as Terrans(in fact it's my least favourite race to play as), but they aren't that bad.

First Battlefront reviews have come out. Not looking like this game will set the world on fire, but I think people who played the Beta already knew that.

Part of the below-mentioned thinness, from my perspective, is lack of a single player campaign. Which is the sole reason I am not buying this game.

Beautiful but lacking, Star Wars: Battlefront will most certainly please Star Wars fans with incredible fan service from DICE. While it stacks up in terms of presentation to other contemporary shooters, Battlefront is an extraordinarily thin offering when it comes to content, making it less enjoyable the more you play it.

Been playing a bit of Legacy of the Void and man, I've heard the missions get a bit repetitive after awhile and god knows what's gonna happen with this story, but so far it's tons of fun and the story is actually pretty good considering the setup it has to deal with from WOL and HOTS. The single-player shit in these games is so much fun and I'm glad we're gonna get more campaigns after this.

Been playing a bit of Legacy of the Void and man, I've heard the missions get a bit repetitive after awhile and god knows what's gonna happen with this story, but so far it's tons of fun and the story is actually pretty good considering the setup it has to deal with from WOL and HOTS. The single-player shit in these games is so much fun and I'm glad we're gonna get more campaigns after this.

When you get the second character in the Solar Core, be sure to tap on him a bunch between missions and see if you get the movie references I saw and let me know what other movies you see.  I think there was a Die Hard 5 or something too along with many others I didn't get.

I liked Legacy of the Void, but I still things Wings of Liberty had the best campaign story. Void started out strong, and the Protoss are my favorite faction, but I didn't quite like the direction it took.

The Xel'Naga plot was a bit hard to follow, and eerily similar to Mass Effect. And I'm including the Epilogue campaign here, too. 

And yes, the missions do get repetitive.

What I did like most about it:

- the unit choices you were given

- the Spear of Adun is the best ship of the three major vessels in the whole game

- soundtrack is the best of the three

I like me a bit of RTS. Perhaps I should give Starcraft II a try. Does it require a pretty beefy PC? my current PC is rather weak by today's standards, and was only barely passable by the standards at the time I bought it. I could still play Dragon Age 2 on it at relatively modest settings.

Archived