Is it just me who has this idea about Robert strong...

Willsnow5414

1 hour ago, Impbread said:

the head that the martells got was great john umbers...they freys killed him and sent tywin the head.

SmallJon was beheaded protecting Robb. The GreatJohn is a notable hostage of the Freys who is about to be transfered to Kings' Landing  or Casterly Rock, The Crown was to take possession of them, along with all of the other High Born Hostages except Edmure Tully, who is specifically mentioned as headed to "The Rock" as in Casterly Rock

Anyone think that Robert Strong will be the downfall of Cersei and possibly her family? He's an abomination created by man and we all know that normally doesn't play out very well like Frankenstein. I have a feeling that Ser Robert Strong will go on a murderous rampage and the truth of his origins will be revealed and the blame falling on Cersei who is apparently the only rep of her house left in KL beside Tommen.

On 4/2/2016 at 1:06 AM, Dorian Martell said:

The people in Bran's dream are Oberyn, the Mountain and Bob Strong. The fight between Gregor and the prince of dorne is what gave birth to Bob Strong  

I like this theory. I am not completely sold. I have grappled with this a bit. 

"Face of a Hound" feels a lot like Sandor considering his helmet and nickname. Plus "ash" (as in what is left of a thing once fire is through with it" and "terrible face . . ." as in the grotesque face of SC.

"Armoured like the sun, golden and beautiful . . ." at first smacks of JL (especially the beautiful bit) but within context and considering Oberyn's armour worn while battling GC as well as the sigil of  house Martell, it's got to be OM, right?

The stone armour must be referring to the Mountain. The void beneath the visor has got to be Sir Robert Strong.

IDK . . . 

On 5/20/2016 at 2:45 AM, Zulaica said:

Anyone think that Robert Strong will be the downfall of Cersei and possibly her family? He's an abomination created by man and we all know that normally doesn't play out very well like Frankenstein. I have a feeling that Ser Robert Strong will go on a murderous rampage and the truth of his origins will be revealed and the blame falling on Cersei who is apparently the only rep of her house left in KL beside Tommen.

Ser Robert will kill Tommen out of blind allegiance to Cersei. When Tommen discovers that Cersei was behind QM imprisonment he will be furious with her. He will lash out in some way, plot against her or "__________". Ser RS will simply dispose of the boy without batting an eye. 

46 minutes ago, GrumpkinsAndStarks said:

Is there evidence of this is in the text? Did TL request the head of GJU specifically? I cannot recall. 

Well his head was removed from his body by the Freys I believe so they could send it to their allies the Lannisters in kings landing. Its his head or  Bobby B's if it is anyones from the story that we have been told about. IMHO

8 hours ago, GrumpkinsAndStarks said:

I like this theory. I am not completely sold. I have grappled with this a bit. 

"Face of a Hound" feels a lot like Sandor considering his helmet and nickname. Plus "ash" (as in what is left of a thing once fire is through with it" and "terrible face . . ." as in the grotesque face of SC.

"Armoured like the sun, golden and beautiful . . ." at first smacks of JL (especially the beautiful bit) but within context and considering Oberyn's armour worn while battling GC as well as the sigil of  house Martell, it's got to be OM, right?

The stone armour must be referring to the Mountain. The void beneath the visor has got to be Sir Robert Strong.

IDK . . . 

The rub for me is that Sandor does not have the terrible face of a hound and he is not dark as ash. Ash out a a fire is gray. Ash is also a wood that ranges from blonde to dark brown.  His name is the hound and  He is scarred and burned. He also does not wear the family sigil, but he does wear a helmet in a dogs shape.  Now, Bran met the hound. He was Joff's personal guard and was in the kings party that came to Winterfell so I think bran would recognize him. Bran has not met Gregor or Oberyn, so he would not recognize. them and describe them symbolically.  
I also thought the golden and beautiful was Jaime for a time, but Jaime is not armored like the sun.  He may have golden armor, but he is a Lion. Now Oberyn literally has the sun on his armor, and he wears polished copper (to reflect sunlight?) and he is quite the stud, bedding numerous woman and men. 
The stone armor is a reference to the mountain becoming bob strong 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:01 AM, Dorian Martell said:

The rub for me is that Sandor does not have the terrible face of a hound and he is not dark as ash. Ash out a a fire is gray. Ash is also a wood that ranges from blonde to dark brown.  His name is the hound and  He is scarred and burned. He also does not wear the family sigil, but he does wear a helmet in a dogs shape.  Now, Bran met the hound. He was Joff's personal guard and was in the kings party that came to Winterfell so I think bran would recognize him. Bran has not met Gregor or Oberyn, so he would not recognize. them and describe them symbolically.  
I also thought the golden and beautiful was Jaime for a time, but Jaime is not armored like the sun.  He may have golden armor, but he is a Lion. Now Oberyn literally has the sun on his armor, and he wears polished copper (to reflect sunlight?) and he is quite the stud, bedding numerous woman and men. 
The stone armor is a reference to the mountain becoming bob strong 

"Armored like the sun" refers to being armored like the sun, not having the sun on your armor. Nor is Oberyn ever described as "golden" or "beautiful." The sun on Oberyn's sigil is red, the red sun of Dorne on an orange field. That's not golden. Lastly, the armor he wears in the fight is Dornish, light, more cloth than steel, he's bare-legged with sandals. It's very deliberately utilitarian for the task he's undertaking.

Further, Jaime IS armored like the sun. he has actual golden armor that he's made famous. he killed Aerys with a golden sword. his hair is golden, he's often described by Cersei as beautiful, as he describes her in kind. There is a huge stretch of logic needed in order to make Oberyn this golden, beautiful figure, armored LIKE the sun, not WITH the sun. it's obviously Jaime, folks.

9 minutes ago, Urien the Ragged said:

"Armored like the sun" refers to being armored like the sun, not having the sun on your armor. Nor is Oberyn ever described as "golden" or "beautiful." The sun on Oberyn's sigil is red, the red sun of Dorne on an orange field. That's not golden. Lastly, the armor he wears in the fight is Dornish, light, more cloth than steel, he's bare-legged with sandals. It's very deliberately utilitarian for the task he's undertaking.

Further, Jaime IS armored like the sun. he has actual golden armor that he's made famous. he killed Aerys with a golden sword. his hair is golden, he's often described by Cersei as beautiful, as he describes her in kind. There is a huge stretch of logic needed in order to make Oberyn this golden, beautiful figure, armored LIKE the sun, not WITH the sun. it's obviously Jaime, folks.

Oberyn wears armor with copper scales Copper is golden in color. It is used to keep the wearer cool and reflect sunlight in an opponent's eyes. 
Now, it does not necessarily say that the person was beautiful. It says they were armored like the sun, and that the armor was golden and beautiful.  Even so, as I have stated before, he is legendary for his sexual conquests, so it isn't a stretch to say he is beautiful.
Bran had met Jaime at winterfell. Why wouldn't he be able to recognize someone he has met? 
So, with all of this, it's obviously Oberyn Folks

Copper is dull, not golden. We have copper piping in my house, it certainly could never be mistaken for "beautiful" or "golden" Jaime actually wears a very elaborate GOLDEN armor set. And perhaps Bran couldn't recognize him because he had his helm on with his visor down, as someone in battle is likely to employ.

Oberyn, on the day of his death, is described as wearing light armor with a half-helm. It's barely armor at all, and again, it has no greaves or boots. Tyrion is surprised at how minimalist and simple it is. And yes, Oberyn may have been a famous lover before his skull-crushing, but he is never described as "golden" or "beautiful. Even speaking figuratively, Oberyn is dusky and dark-headed.

It's Jaime, Oberyn is the stretchiest of all stretches.

Well polished copper can be beautiful, yes, but I seriously doubt Bran would describe it "golden". The shade is very brown-ish, not something that a smart boy who has certainly seen copper items before would mistake for gold.

I feel this part was as clear indication of unGregor, Jaime and Sandor as Martin could give.

What about thia theory.

We all assume that Qyburn has used some sort of magic or has created a frankenstein monster.

What if he simply treated gregors wounds successfully, somehow dealt with the poison, and nuslrsed him back to health.

But KL has told dorne that gregor is dead and sent them someone else's skull (it may even by Qyburn lying to KL), so Qyburn can't say hey look everybody gregor pulled through.

So he has to conceal his identity.

Thus gregor has to wear armour all the time.  Underneath his helm he wears a black veil so that no-one can see is face and say "oi that's the mountain".

Speaking is out of the question too as that would give him away, hence the vow of silence.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, ManBearPig said:

What about thia theory.

We all assume that Qyburn has used some sort of magic or has created a frankenstein monster.

What if he simply treated gregors wounds successfully, somehow dealt with the poison, and nuslrsed him back to health.

But KL has told dorne that gregor is dead and sent them someone else's skull (it may even by Qyburn lying to KL), so Qyburn can't say hey look everybody gregor pulled through.

So he has to conceal his identity.

Thus gregor has to wear armour all the time.  Underneath his helm he wears a black veil so that no-one can see is face and say "oi that's the mountain".

Speaking is out of the question too as that would give him away, hence the vow of silence.

eh, there's just too much to the backstory that Qyburn is a necromancer and was kicked out of the Citadel for engaging in its study.

I thought the Martell's received the rather large dwarf head that head been delivered to Cersei and that the Mountain remind intact while Qyburn "operated" on him.

It obviously could be the other way where the Mountain's real head was sent to Dorne and the dwarf's head was used for the Ser Robert Strong.

Archived