Football 3-3 (@ Fratton Park)

Zoë Sumra

I fear we'll be rolled over by the Kun and Dave show. And Yaya, if he decides he's bothered.

There is, however, a small and rather irrational part of my brain that fiercely hopes Lukaku will run over Kompany/Mangala. If so, we might just draw.

Chelsea haven't looked that great but find themselves two goals up. WBA look very poor defensively which is not what one would expect from a Tony Pulis team. Pedro has looked good. We sure as hell could have used this kind of positive running on the right.

Well...

Can't say that was unexpected. I thought we looked okay defensively large parts of the match, so that's a positive. Bummer, then, that Howard blunders a goal.

The negative side lies in management for me. When we fall behind, we need to step up in attack. And we'd been largely toothless previously, so a change would be positive. We've got three creative players on the bench. They will all be a weakening in defense, but they offer unpredictability in attack - Osman, Mirallas and Deulofeu. So Martinez chooses to bring on ... Naismith. And wait until the game is just about lost before he brings on Deulofeu.

I can't make sense of that.

I wonder if Mourinho can turn this start around. Chelsea's MO in good years is to come marauding out of the gates and then hold the lead down the stretch (for seasons as well as for games). They have looked a bit garbage thus far.

Entirely off on that Everton v City prediction. Will go and hide in shame now.

Archived