What theory if NOT true would you be most upset by?

I've seen a lot of threads about what theory if it turned out to be true would make you stop reading/hate the books/hate GRRM, ect...

Just wondering what theories people are MOST invested in. What theories if debunked would you be upset by.

For me:

1.) RLJ - obvious one, but I really believe it's the crux of the series

2.) Jon survives by warging into Ghost - to me it's obvious this will happen, but I've seen debate.

3.) Gravedigger = Hound - and that he stays on quiet island. I just like the idea of someone getting a "happy" ending and I think it's a perfect end to his character arc.

I agree with the Gravedigger being the Hound theory, although this theory is intentionally created by GRRM, as opposed to someone over the internet pulling one from their ass (Euron = Daario, Varys being a merman, etc).

Azor Ahai isn't actually anybody. I'd be sort of mad if it turned out that there was some great hero who fights back against the Others. Whether it be Dany, Jon, Stannis, or even Hot Pie, I just don't think it's up Martin's alley. It's too 'good vs. evil' for him. I could be wrong though, so I try to keep an open mind.

I really hope the "Jon Snow is alive" theory is true. Not just because of R+L but because without Jon I wouldn't give a toss about anything that happens at the wall. The good guys dying all the time is fine but it is starting to become so normal/predictable that I would struggle to care about any of the characters anymore if Jon stays dead. Why invest in characters that are nailed on to snuff it?

Also, Ghost is my favourite 'character' so he needs to stay involved somehow...

I really hope the "Jon Snow is alive" theory is true. Not just because of R+L but because without Jon I wouldn't give a toss about anything that happens at the wall. The good guys dying all the time is fine but it is starting to become so normal/predictable that I would struggle to care about any of the characters anymore if Jon stays dead. Why invest in characters that are nailed on to snuff it?

Also, Ghost is my favourite 'character' so he needs to stay involved somehow...

I'm really hoping the Gravedigger theory is true, but I would actually like for Sandor to appear again, even if he's changed and no longer the Hound. I know the Quiet Isle would be a happy ending but I think it's too dull for his character. 

I agree with the Gravedigger being the Hound theory, although this theory is intentionally created by GRRM, as opposed to someone over the internet pulling one from their ass (Euron = Daario, Varys being a merman, etc).

Azor Ahai isn't actually anybody. I'd be sort of mad if it turned out that there was some great hero who fights back against the Others. Whether it be Dany, Jon, Stannis, or even Hot Pie, I just don't think it's up Martin's alley. It's too 'good vs. evil' for him. I could be wrong though, so I try to keep an open mind.

I don't know what "too good vs evil" means. GRRM certainly believes in good guys and bad guys, despite the misconceptions ASOIAF is largely about good guys and bad guys. You really think GRRM doesn't think Euron, Littlefinger, Ramsay etc are "bad" guys? Or Ned, Barristan, Jon, Brienne, Sansa, Jaime 2.0 etc the "good" guys?

If Aegon is not real, I'll be pretty nonplussed.

I'll also be upset if the ironborn (either victarion or euron) don't get a dragon of their own.

but why would they need a dragon when they've got a perfectly good kraken just waiting in the wings. I mean, just because they've never seen a need to use said Kraken that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Archived