Dating: Matchmakers, dealbreakers and affairs, oh my!

MinDonner

He's got a meeting coming up with the dorm supervisor, so we won't know until then what's going to happen. The RA apparently said that probably the only thing to happen would be a warning/this meeting, but my SO generally thinks everything that can go bad will go bad.

See if he can get one of his geology professors to write a letter to attest that this is the type of knife suited for field work. That may help with the case.

Sorry to hear that he's under so much stress.

Once again, we are reminded that real life exists merely to illustrate things TerraPrime writes here.

Man in hotel elevator, just now, "There's not much to do here, is there?

"No, not really," The elevator stops. We both exit and go down the corridor.

"Are you going to sleep now?" Asks the man from the elevator.

"I suppose."

He stops next to his door, key in hand. "Are you bored?"

See if he can get one of his geology professors to write a letter to attest that this is the type of knife suited for field work. That may help with the case.

Sorry to hear that he's under so much stress.

I'm not sure he's had any classes which require field work this semester though. I know he had to drop two classes because they were labs and he couldn't afford the books, and his mom didn't believe him when he said they were more expensive than they thought.

I'll suggest the idea to him, I'm sure some of his professors have seen the knife when they've been out in the field.

DP, that is an excellent answer.

A gentleman that has disappointed me quite sorely about half a year ago seems very eager to see me as soon as I come back to the same city as he is in a few days - he messaged me proposing that we go for a drink the same day I arrive. I very very very much wish I knew what he has in mind.

I'm not sure he's had any classes which require field work this semester though. I know he had to drop two classes because they were labs and he couldn't afford the books, and his mom didn't believe him when he said they were more expensive than they thought.

I'll suggest the idea to him, I'm sure some of his professors have seen the knife when they've been out in the field.

I think what TerraPrime was suggesting was that it would help his case if a professor will speak up and say that it's a knife generally used for field work and thus probably for non-offensive purposes, or something like that 

I think what TerraPrime was suggesting was that it would help his case if a professor will speak up and say that it's a knife generally used for field work and thus probably for non-offensive purposes, or something like that 

Ah. I don't really know what types of knives they use for field work, but this type is a general-purpose knife one so it's likely to be approved in that regard at least.

I just got tinder because everyones going on about it and...it's kind of hilarious...you've got the blokes on there near naked which are cracking me up and then you've got blandly hot guys like SNAPCHAT ME (emoji emoji) and then the ones with a nice selection of selfie, outdoorsy, with a mate photos and then absolutely NO bio...i know it was pretty much a hookup app but still. So far I've swiped right to four guys because of their dogs, one hot girl because...she was hot, one guy because he was just really generically hot and they've all been matches but I'm awful because unless someone has a decent bio (which none of them have) I'm not messaging first :P and anyway my bio kind of alludes to my interests in a short and funny way so it's not as though I have a blank bio. 

Mostly I'm just using it because it's kinda funny and mildly addictive and more like a game than a dating app. 

I just got tinder because everyones going on about it and...it's kind of hilarious...you've got the blokes on there near naked which are cracking me up and then you've got blandly hot guys like SNAPCHAT ME (emoji emoji) and then the ones with a nice selection of selfie, outdoorsy, with a mate photos and then absolutely NO bio...i know it was pretty much a hookup app but still. So far I've swiped right to four guys because of their dogs, one hot girl because...she was hot, one guy because he was just really generically hot and they've all been matches but I'm awful because unless someone has a decent bio (which none of them have) I'm not messaging first :P and anyway my bio kind of alludes to my interests in a short and funny way so it's not as though I have a blank bio. 

Mostly I'm just using it because it's kinda funny and mildly addictive and more like a game than a dating app. 

I'm afraid to use Tinder for several reasons, I'm not what one would call "hot", I generally don't photograph well and I'd be the guy without the bio because I don't know what to say about myself.

Tbh i only swiped right one guy purely based on him being hot and nothing else and it was a huge ego boost when it was a match but im not really that interested in starting a conversation with him. Most of my swipe rights have been if they have nice outdoorsy photos or say they love dogs and have a picture of themselves cuddling a cute dog. One guy had a weirdly hilarious picture of himself with his arm around a goat and a silly facial expression and i dont know what it says about me that i found that kinda strangely adorable and hilarious and swiped right haha 

Okay, a very basic, 101, 1st grader question: How do you tell the difference between something that might be construed as a date and a simple hanging out with a friend? Because I have either one of those scheduled, but I have no clue about which one.

that's one of those undecidables wherein the controlling signifiers are internal rather than external.  to clarify:  perform the normal husserlian bracketing off of 'what might be construed as' and read rather the involuntary phenomenological events arising out of those parcels within your anatomical control. 

Okay, a very basic, 101, 1st grader question: How do you tell the difference between something that might be construed as a date and a simple hanging out with a friend? Because I have either one of those scheduled, but I have no clue about which one.

Why don't you decide which one you'd rather it be and act appropriately?  If you pick date, and start trying to make out with him, and he squirms uncomfortably, just whisper "shhh... just let it happen."

Deleted Tinder after a day LOL. Not for me. Might go back on okc though. 

Precisely my experience, thought I have a certain degree of curiosity as to what the Tinder of Lubumbashi looks like exactly. Fortunately, no doubt, my phone broke so no apps for me until I get back.

Archived