Season 8 Final Battle for Westeros

UFT

There's way too much going on, far too many factors to include to make an overarching plotline or summary.

However, before a supposed final showdown between the living and the living dead, there are bound to be some clashes between kings, queens and would be's. I'm hoping Dany will lose at least 1 of her dragons and Euron + Aegon will be dead before said epic conclusion. To me, Jon is destined to be commander of one side, with The Nights King probably on the opposing end. I'm hoping for a few surprise twists as to who his generals/captains are going to be. On Jon's advisory board I could see Varys (RIP Littlefinger), Doran Martell and Blackfish Tully (though I'd prefer to see him as general or captain). I'd like to see at least 1 Lannister (bannerman) leading a host of men and perhaps a Tyrell (Garlan?)

There are two major plot lines going on. The first is the battle between the Others and the humans in the north (which may well be deeper south by the end of WOW). The second is the political battle for the IT. The question in my mind is which battle is resolved first. I think, and I can't say why, but the supernatural battle against the Others will be resolved first. Then comes the battle for the future of Westeros.

There's way too much going on, far too many factors to include to make an overarching plotline or summary.

However, before a supposed final showdown between the living and the living dead, there are bound to be some clashes between kings, queens and would be's. I'm hoping Dany will lose at least 1 of her dragons and Euron + Aegon will be dead before said epic conclusion. To me, Jon is destined to be commander of one side, with The Nights King probably on the opposing end. I'm hoping for a few surprise twists as to who his generals/captains are going to be. On Jon's advisory board I could see Varys (RIP Littlefinger), Doran Martell and Blackfish Tully (though I'd prefer to see him as general or captain). I'd like to see at least 1 Lannister (bannerman) leading a host of men and perhaps a Tyrell (Garlan?)

I hope George does not go this way too much, the big honking battle with the Others makes any internecine conflicts seem moot.
Also I am getting a little tired is this kind of thing it makes the plot go sideways , we have had enough of that.

There are two major plot lines going on. The first is the battle between the Others and the humans in the north (which may well be deeper south by the end of WOW). The second is the political battle for the IT. The question in my mind is which battle is resolved first. I think, and I can't say why, but the supernatural battle against the Others will be resolved first. Then comes the battle for the future of Westeros.

The battle with the Others, after all they are everybody's common enemy.
The straightforward plot implication , right now, is that the forces of the living both Westeros and Essos will realize they need to cooperate ,or they will be bludgeoned into cooperation else everybody dies!

I hope George does not go this way too much, the big honking battle with the Others makes any internecine conflicts seem moot.
Also I am getting a little tired is this kind of thing it makes the plot go sideways , we have had enough of that.

Sorry but I absolutely think that's way it's going, I have my doubts the battle for the Iron Throne will be resolved at all.

Even if Jon and Tyrion don't ride a dragon in the books, I would wager that they will on the show.

Dany will have some glorious "Dracarys" scenes and Jon will have 'the duel of fates' with Ice Maul.

I don't want Jon to ride a dragon in the future. He should be leading people from the ground and Dany, Tyrion(he will be second rider) and someone third will battle on the back of a dragons. Fully expect some Tyrion+Rhaegal and Viserion scenes.He'll learn more about them and maybe he'll free them too(not entirely sure about that).

Having a POV doesn't determine the importance of a character. POVs are simply our eyes and ears into a particular location and situation, that doesn't necessarily mean they are very important to the overall plot. Some POVs happen to play an important role in the story but not all POVs are necessarily important characters and not all important main characters are POVs.

Areo Hotah is a POV character for instance but he is a less important character than the non POV character Doran martell for instance.

GRRM has said before he tells his story with POVs because he thinks people ever understand an event from a point of view which is always biased in some fashion. If the story was being told to us as history by a maester, then stannis would definitely be a main character and many of the POVs in the story would only be footnotes.

Stannis, Barristan ,Mance and others are still alive in the books, but dead on the show. George warned us. Deal with it and we can move on.

I know it's hard, but D&D never liked him anyway and at least he went out badass likking those two Bolton soldiers and with "Go on, do your duty" to Brienne. North will be liberated from Boltons thanks to Sansa, Rickon, Northern lords (it looks like SmallJon Umber will be casted...it just adds to it) and some Karstark. Not to mention Littlefinger and Vale army factor here. If Jon is resurrected, he will target Boltons next, because he needs Winterfell and help in the upcoming fight against White Walkers. His death effectively frees him from his vows and Jon owns Night's Watch nothing.

I don't want Jon to ride a dragon in the future. He should be leading people from the ground and Dany, Tyrion(he will be second rider) and someone third will battle on the back of a dragons. Fully expect some Tyrion+Rhaegal and Viserion scenes.He'll learn more about them and maybe he'll free them too(not entirely sure about that).

Stannis, Barristan ,Mance and others are still alive in the books, but dead on the show. George warned us. Deal with it and we can move on.

I know it's hard, but D&D never liked him anyway and at least he went out badass likking those two Bolton soldiers and with "Go on, do your duty" to Brienne. North will be liberated from Boltons thanks to Sansa, Rickon, Northern lords (it looks like SmallJon Umber will be casted...it just adds to it) and some Karstark. Not to mention Littlefinger and Vale army factor here. If Jon is resurrected, he will target Boltons next, because he needs Winterfell and help in the upcoming fight against White Walkers. His death effectively frees him from his vows and Jon owns Night's Watch nothing.

I can never really let it go. They ruined one of Martin's better characters. I would have rather had shamdaldingdong then dabid benioff

Yes Martin did warn us about some characters dying on the show, but that doesn't mean he meant stannis was one of those! WE really don't know if stannis is dead or not on the show until next season, but I ll place my bets on him being alive in spite the fact that D&D don't like his character.

Stannis is like Robert the Bruce in lionheart (Mel Gibson's Film), the character was portrayed much more negatively than the actual historical figure, but they couldn't outright kill off the character since he was the person who lead and won the war. I see a similar situation with show stannis, he's important enough to the course for the story where the show can't drop him (yet).

Archived