NFL Preseason 2015: Packers looking for a good diagnosis and Cris Carter is looking for Lee Majors

Trebla

If Nelson is indeed done for the season, the NFC is wide open. I thought Green Bay was the clear favorite going in but now it's Seattle, Dallas/Philly, and maybe Arizona fighting for the crown. Rodgers is the best, but losing Nelson is a huge blow because he's a true #1 while Cobb is a mighty mite.

I thought Green Bay was the clear favorite going in but now it's Seattle, Dallas/Philly, and maybe Arizona fighting for the crown.

Why is it that every year the Cowboys are mentioned as favorites to make it to the Super Bowl? I mean every year its their year, but they've barely been a .500 team that past twenty years. Its comical. Its like people don't know who to say, so the say the Cowboys.

I'm a Redskins fan BTW.

Why is it that every year the Cowboys are mentioned as favorites to make it to the Super Bowl? I mean every year its their year, but they've barely been a .500 team that past twenty years. Its comical. Its like people don't know who to say, so the say the Cowboys.

I'm a Redskins fan BTW.

Last year I had the Cowboys going 8-8. They went 12-4, beat Seattle in Seattle and almost beat Green Bay in the playoffs. They have the best o-line in football and they may have significantly improved the d-line with Greg Hardy and Randy Gregory. They have the best receiver in football and one of the best QB's. The one thing that might derail them is if Joseph Randle can't handle the heavy load (he averaged 6 yards a carry last season, though with under 100 carries) or he gets arrested again.

But yeah, I pulled Dallas out of my ass because I don't know football. :rolleyes:

I think Nelson is a good receiver, but Rodgers made him. I think Adams will do a reasonable job filling in for him.

I think you're underselling Nelson. I've never seen a white guy play receiver like that in the NFL. Welker was really good, but his thing was good routes/quickness/accurate passers. Nelson can do it all. He's got decent size, he's fast, he can jump a little bit, he runs good routes, he has soft hands, and the guy is open on every play. Rodgers gives Nelson the insane stats, but it's far more symbiotic than something like Brady-Edelman or Manning-Eric Decker. I think Nelson's a true #1 and the best WR in the NFC North.

And yes, unlike Ryan Tannehill I know that the Lions are in the NFC North.

I'm a Redskins fan BTW.

That was absolutely true from like 06ish to 2010ish, but that's because those teams had lots of talent and people tricked themselves into believing Wade Phillips would get them where they needed to go. That died out up until this year, but the reason people are saying such things again is because they're a team with lots of talent and a head coach who has the guts to make the calls that need to be made (I.E. the touchdown that Dez Bryant caught in the NFC Divisional Round of the playoffs on 4th and 1).

:rofl:

Watching the Titans-Rams thing and the commentators started talking about Todd Gurley. After a few moments, one of them asked his partner what he thought of Gurley and the guy responded (paraphrasing at the beginning) "I think he's a special player, after watching him in college, and the Rams think he's special. There's a reason he was the highest drafted RB since Adrian Peterson..."

:rofl:

I wish I could forget about Trent Richardson so easily.

I think you're underselling Nelson. I've never seen a white guy play receiver like that in the NFL. Welker was really good, but his thing was good routes/quickness/accurate passers. Nelson can do it all. He's got decent size, he's fast, he can jump a little bit, he runs good routes, he has soft hands, and the guy is open on every play. Rodgers gives Nelson the insane stats, but it's far more symbiotic than something like Brady-Amendola or Manning-Eric Decker. I think Nelson's a true #1 and the best WR in the NFC North.

And yes, unlike Ryan Tannehill I know that the Lions are in the NFC North.

That was absolutely true from like 06ish to 2010ish, but that's because those teams had lots of talent and people tricked themselves into believing Wade Phillips would get them where they needed to go. That died out up until this year, but the reason people are saying such things again is because they're a team with lots of talent and a head coach who has the guts to make the calls that need to be made (I.E. the touchdown that Dez Bryant caught in the NFC Divisional Round of the playoffs on 4th and 1).

Calvin Johnson and Alshon Jeffry think that you are insane....

Calvin Johnson and Alshon Jeffry think that you are insane....

Alshon Jeffry had one REALLY good season 2 years ago. He's an injury concern and there are effort concerns. Not sold.

Calvin is 30 years old and had half a dozen injuries last year. The NFL is 'what have you done for me lately' because players fall off a cliff suddenly and often without warning. That's why until I see him go out and prove it, Calvin probably doesn't make my top-5 WR's list.

I know it's preseason and we are playing the Cowboys, but Jarryd Hayne is very impressive.

Damn! I knew I wanted to watch the 49'ers-Cowboys game for something, but for the life of me I couldn't remember. I'm interested in this guy.

Another report on that Cowboys/49er game is Randy Gregory is looking like another steal in the draft. In just over a quarter of work, he has 2 tackles, 1 sack, and has caused 2 holding calls that otherwise would have been sacks. He looks incredibly quick off the line.

Trebla &PQJ, good points and valid. Its just it seems when I. Watching NFL shows and the guys are making picks, one of em always says, "The Cowboys, this is their year!". Never fails, every year. And I get a huge kick out of it.

I have not heard that since 2010.

They have mostly been a joke since then, so i'm not sure how you can say that. lol 

Wait, aren't you a Cavs fan? How'd you get to be a SkIns fan as well?

Anyway, welcome brother in suffering. 

Well, I've been a Skins fan my entire life. The Cavs? NBA, I really don't have a favorite team per se. I like LBJ and I root for the Cavs right now. 20 years from now might be the Bucks, whoever I like at the time.

Before, Lebron it was A.I.. Before A.I., Damon Stoudemire...

Archived