2016 KC WorldCon: MidAmeriCon II Aug 17-21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Perrianne Lurie said:

I'll be at the Aladdin. Not sure how much free time I'll have, though. It depends upon my program schedule (and the WSFS business meetings, which, I expect, will fill my mornings).

When I was in KC last for ConQuest, there was a bunch of soccer teams staying at the Aladdin.  It's nice and they have onsite laundry.  I'm wishing for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this the sort of thing that sells out?  Will there still be hotel space nearby late in the game?  Depending on how a few things break for me, I might attend, but probably can't say for sure until June or so.

Memberships will not sell out, so you're good there. And you shouldn't have trouble finding a hotel, although you might have to pay a bit more than what the convention negotiated for their room blocks. That said, people always cancel last minute, so those blocks can open up again.

On 4/8/2016 at 3:25 PM, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

The round trip shuttle wasn't very expensive (pretty sure it is close to where we were last year)

Yup.  It was the large building with the thingies on top.  Walkable from all downtown hotels.  We should have our streetcar going by then, I hope.  No walking for booze and burgers.

If everyone shares the Uber app with each other, you could probably get free Uber rides from the airport.  

Archived