2016 KC WorldCon: MidAmeriCon II Aug 17-21

On July 5, 2016 at 10:31 PM, Elgernon said:

it is all kinds of awesome that you have a pepper guy

He's a good dude - we've worked together for 17 years, and he started growing peppers a few years ago to make his own hot sauce.

16 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Your coming???? Awesome!!!  I look forward to meeting you in person.

MOW,

Have you gotten your hands on a Carolina Reaper?

No, not a Reaper. I'm not trying to kill anyone! Although he probably grows them now that I think about it. :devil:

Everything but the flight is taken care of.  I should find out next week if i'm going to be on orders during that time.. which will fuck up m attendance.  

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and giving them a chance to tell me how much they hate me in person.  

14 hours ago, peterbound said:

Everything but the flight is taken care of.  I should find out next week if i'm going to be on orders during that time.. which will fuck up m attendance.  

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and giving them a chance to tell me how much they hate me in person.  

I don't hate you and I'm looking forward to meeting you.

19 hours ago, peterbound said:

Damn! I knew there was something I forgot to do when you were in NYC. :P

(Also, get over to the t-shirt thread and put in your order.)

On 7/5/2016 at 1:11 PM, beniowa said:

Zabzie, it's pretty simple:

Go to a discussion panel or reading or signing or two (a lot of us will be at George's events).  Hang out and get drunk.  Browse the dealer room.  Eat fantastic food at whatever restaurant Boiled Leather finds.  Get drunk.  Hang out some more. Get totally shit-faced from an outlandish cocktail creation at the BwB-party and stay up until 5am.  Maybe go to the Hugo ceremony.  Get drunk. 

I don't do the drunk stuff so much, but you get the gist.  :P

That's literally my con-trip report...

Please for the love of god, nobody bring ghost peppers.  Because I get drunk, then am easily persuaded into doing stupid shit like ghost pepper shots (although was worth it in San Antonio)....  

Also, I'm an idiot and somehow managed to buy 2 memberships. If anyone wants to buy one of mine, let me know.  Pretty sure I paid $185 (current price is $210). 

10 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

I will take it if still available.

Sold to you then.  Will PM.

2 minutes ago, peterbound said:

Are most people getting there on wednesday, or thursday?  I got a deal on expedia with a free flight and the sheraton but it doesn't get there until thursday morning.  Am I going to miss much?

I happen to arrive on Tuesday, but that's mostly because I probably have to do some work/conference calls Wed/Thu morning.  I think most people get in Wed/Thu.  

There a way to do a poll here or on facebook? 

You won't miss a whole lot if you get in on Thursday morning. In the past, there tend to be a waves of arrivals, starting the day before the con (Tuesday this year) through the first two days (Wednesday and Thursday). There will still be newcomers on Friday and Saturday, some of whom may only stay for a day. 

Posted this on the Facebook BWB Attending Conventions group (which is, BTW, the easiest way to find us at a convention since there's always someone posting I AM IN THE HOTEL LOBBY BAR SOMEONE KEEP ME COMPANY in there. ;) ).

Hey all -- wanted to give you guys what information I have thus far for MACII.

Meet and Greet
I've requested a Meet and Greet for Thursday afternoon/early evening. Now that schedules are going out to participants, I will follow up with Programming to corroborate date/time.

Party
I have requested party space for Friday evening. As most of you know, MACII has set up a Fan Village very similar to the one we had in London. That means that all parties will be held in semi-private booths in a dedicated room in the convention center. I've already delegated the VERY IMPORTANT AND DELICATE TASK of locating a karaoke machine. I've informed MACII of this fact and they haven't objected yet, so *fingers crossed* that we'll be allowed to bellow Iron Maiden at will.

A note on room parties and alcohol: First up, no room party this year. The hotels have already told MACII that they will be merciless when responding to noise complaints. A BWB room party will not survive an hour under those conditions. Also, we won't be able to serve our own alcohol in the fan village. (I know. I know.) The convention center has some intensely strict (and IMHO stupid) rules about this. There will be a full bar set up in the fan village in a central location for those who wish to gin and karaoke. We'll be providing non-alcoholic beverages in the party booth throughout the evening. No, this isn't my preferred method of convention partying. Not by a long shot. But it is what it is. And, yes, I looked into hosting a private party at a nearby bar, and it was CRAZY expensive. That doesn't mean we can't invade a bar and take it over, but we won't know those logistics until the Wednesday of the convention at the earliest.

T-shirts
You have until July 22 to order a BWB t-shirt! Thread for ordering here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/141796-kc-worldcon-t-shirt-thread-now-with-final-artwork/

Fault
Pod, always.

Yep. You won't miss a ton by showing up on Thursday. If past conventions are any indication, you won't even miss my worst hangover of the week, as I seem to always get Lodey'd on the first evening of the convention. Gods, that Thursday in San Antonio is still one of the worst mornings of my life. *shudder*

I'm not sure when I'm getting in, TBH. If any luck, Tuesday evening. Otherwise sometime Wednesday.

On 7/5/2016 at 9:39 PM, mcbigski said:

I'll be arriving at MCI at about noon on Wednesday, and the Negro League Museum in on my KC wish list.  So let me know if your schedule is such that I'll be able to tag along.  Plus for the BBQ!

I think we can work you into the schedule. I am really busy on Monday and Tuesday, so Wednesday or Thursday might be good times to go out.

AB

On 7/11/2016 at 0:26 PM, Cuellar said:

Please for the love of god, nobody bring ghost peppers.  Because I get drunk, then am easily persuaded into doing stupid shit like ghost pepper shots (although was worth it in San Antonio)....  

Not even this???
http://www.raakachocolate.com/products/best-of-first-nibs-ghost-pepper

On 7/11/2016 at 9:26 AM, Cuellar said:

That's literally my con-trip report...

Please for the love of god, nobody bring ghost peppers.  Because I get drunk, then am easily persuaded into doing stupid shit like ghost pepper shots (although was worth it in San Antonio.)

It's not a proper con without ghost pepper shots!

We will be arriving Wednesday afternoon

Archived