Xray the Enforcer

2016 KC WorldCon: MidAmeriCon II Aug 17-21

269 posts in this topic

I'm still on the fence about attending KC. It's the week after my convention and the 1-2 punch this year was a bit brutal. It's November and I feel like I'm still recovering! (We also bought a house and moved in August, so it wasn't just the 2 conventions.)

I'm hoping to make it to Helsinki though. :D

I'm hoping since I've never been to WorldCon.

Hotel booking I believe open in January.  Time to start thinking about that, while in a semi-sizzled state from Christmas through New Year.

Just got my membership!  I will for sure be there.  It has been entirely too long since LoneStarCon, & I am so looking forward to experiencing another Worldcon.  

I'm planning on making this one :)  Please add me.

Count me in. SISTER! Wait for me!!

I checked the website today and it said reservations open in January.  Does anyone know when in January hotel reservations open?

The website says "around" January 25th. Must be on many minds today as I had checked earlier tonight and then they tweeted about it.

The website says "around" January 25th. Must be on many minds today as I had checked earlier tonight and then they tweeted about it.

Thanks!  For the first time ever, I made Marriott platinum level guest status for this year, so want to ensure I book that property.   I've been checking the web mornings for the last few days, and did not see the 25th date.  I think I'll check every day, given the "around". 

If you guys can't get a hotel downtown, I can help you find one in a good area.  KC is definitely lacking in downtown hotels for large conventions.

Does anyone know which of the hotels is the party hotel??  Hotel reservations are open as of January 25th per their website and I'd like to get a room in the party hotel I think... 

On 1/22/2016 at 6:59 PM, lady narcissa said:

There is no party hotel.  Parties are in the convention center.

http://midamericon2.org/partypacket/party-info/

So only convention center purchased booze is allowed...does this mean they will continue to sell it after the convention ends for the day?  Or does everyone just get to hang out and party like it's Romper Room?  

11 hours ago, WillWork4NinjaPowers said:

So only convention center purchased booze is allowed...does this mean they will continue to sell it after the convention ends for the day?  Or does everyone just get to hang out and party like it's Romper Room?  

My guess is that it booze will be sold until the hall closes (or shortly before) at midnight or 2am. While panels may end earlier in the day, the convention itself usually includes the events in the main hall. That's how it worked in London, which used a similar setup for parties.

Hotel reservations are now open.