The supposed 'major female' death in the premiere.

RenlyTheOneTrueKing

If the rumor is true, then Ellaria or Missandei. Everyone else should have plot armor for a little while. And I'd guess Ellaria, because Doran will be none too happy about her actions.

ETA: Or Melisandre, that's a possibility, too. Maybe she burns herself to get Jon Snow back on his feet? Or throws herself onto his pyre? That would certainly qualify as a stunning scene.

I think Ellaria is a big possibility. She managed to kill Myrcella and get Dorne into war and there is no way she will get away with it. I think Doran (actually Areo) will execute her and use the Sand Snakes for his own plans - probably to inflitrate KL and rescue Trystane.

Where have you seen these rumours? Do you have a link? Is Ellaria even a 'major' character? I suppose it could be Marg...

Ellaria is part of the main cast so she is technically a major character. I doubt Margaery will die in season premiere. The trial needs to happen.

Haven't heard this rumor.
My guess is Ellaria. Areo Hotah will behead her to appease the Lannisters, but it won't be enough for Cersei.

This seems like the most likely scenario, but I can't see the Sand Snakes accepting that. Doran would have to deal with them too. Either send them on a mission first, imprison them again or kill them. The later likely being the most popular decision amongst fans.

Options:

Ellaria - Fair possibility.

Margaery - Maybe.

Melisandre - If Davos learns about Shireen, then absolutely!

Cersei - Nah, Margaery has to die first.

Sansa - Not likely.

Dany - Wouldn't surprise me given the liberties they take with the source material.  And then when her body is burned she'll walk out of the flames...

Arya - No.  That would cause riots.

Brienne - that would be a shocker, wouldn't it?  As I understand it the death blow to Stannis wasn't seen.  Maybe he countered it or she missed, and he kills her?

Myrcella - someone on the ship had the antidote to the poison, but she ends up dying from some other dumb thing.

Ellaria seems most likely
Melisandre is also a possibility
YarAsha for introducing Euron? But she ain't major
Meera Reed - but she ain't major either
Margaery - maybe poisoned by LF for creating chaos
Gilly - is she considered major?
Brienne - by shirtless Ramsay?
Missandei - they could have killed her in the pit
Queen of Thorns?
Daenerys, Cersei, Arya and Sansa have plot
armor
Crackpot: Theon is considered female since he lost his favorite toy

I don't necessarily think there's much basis to this rumour, but let's say it was true... there are literally only two female characters that I can think of that they could get away with killing in the *first* episode: Ellaria and Olenna. Whether you think they're "major" or not is a matter of opinion I guess, but the others are too far away from the end of their narrative arcs to be disposed of quite *that* quickly.

I don't think there's any basis for this rumour, but regardless, Melisandre said she'll meet Arya again, so she's not going anywhere (she also has to walk the walls of Winterfell and see the Bolton banners cast down).

This is not required because think back to Eddard-Jon "Next time i see you, we'll talk about your mother", Robb-Jon"next time i see you youll be all in black/you starks are hard to kill"

Characters are wrong all the time and d&d haven't proven that they pay as much attention to detail as GRRM

I think the source for this rumour provided some other information which Sue over at Watchers on the Wall firmly debunked. There's nothing to it.

...With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if a major character was killed off in the premiere. On average, at least one character with a speaking role dies per episode.

I saw this rumour on reddit, the poster got this information from a tour guide (and extra) at the GoT set- https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/3hyeny/spoilers_all_the_latest_spoilers_on_the_s6_set/

I don't buy it being Mel, she has unfinished business. She is supposed to meet Arya again and see Bolton banners on fire. Lets hope they don't make a massive plot hole by killing her before she meets Arya again.

Options:

Ellaria - Fair possibility.

Margaery - Maybe.

Melisandre - If Davos learns about Shireen, then absolutely!

Cersei - Nah, Margaery has to die first.

Sansa - Not likely.

Dany - Wouldn't surprise me given the liberties they take with the source material.  And then when her body is burned she'll walk out of the flames...

Arya - No.  That would cause riots.

Brienne - that would be a shocker, wouldn't it?  As I understand it the death blow to Stannis wasn't seen.  Maybe he countered it or she missed, and he kills her?

Myrcella - someone on the ship had the antidote to the poison, but she ends up dying from some other dumb thing.

They won't do that with Dany when they can just do it with Jon.

This is not required because think back to Eddard-Jon "Next time i see you, we'll talk about your mother", Robb-Jon"next time i see you youll be all in black/you starks are hard to kill"

Er, none of those were prophesies.  Mel saw the future, and said they would meet again.  They will meet again.

Archived