The supposed 'major female' death in the premiere.

RenlyTheOneTrueKing

Mel

Ellaria

Queen of Thorns

Messendei

Flashback Lyanna

Fat Walda

Gilly

These are the only possible ones I can think of if there is a death in episode 1.

The information appears to point to Jon return a few episode in, so I do not think Mel.

Ellaria a good probability. 

I do not see it in Messendi, I think they want to use her with Mereen situtation.

I do not think Layanna is viewed as a Major Female by the audience.  They never saw her and only heard a few stories of her.  She is dead when the show began as well.

Fat Walda is a maybe.  I think though if anything happens it will be by episode 6 or 7.

I put Gilly very, very low.  I think she is going have interactions with the Tarlys.

The information appears to point to Jon return a few episode in, so I do not think Mel.

Ellaria a good probability. 

I do not see it in Messendi, I think they want to use her with Mereen situtation.

I do not think Layanna is viewed as a Major Female by the audience.  They never saw her and only heard a few stories of her.  She is dead when the show began as well.

Fat Walda is a maybe.  I think though if anything happens it will be by episode 6 or 7.

I put Gilly very, very low.  I think she is going have interactions with the Tarlys.

I find it confusing as to who the show runners consider major? The Queen of Thorns would be shocking. I do not think Fat Walda dies before the baby is born. I think the showrunners will make Ramsay a baby murderer on top of everything else he has done. They love their villains.

I find it confusing as to who the show runners consider major? The Queen of Thorns would be shocking. I do not think Fat Walda dies before the baby is born. I think the showrunners will make Ramsay a baby murderer on top of everything else he has done. They love their villains.

I forgot about Queen of Thrones.  That will be low for episode 1 due to reports that her and Mace meet.

I did not see the sourcing so do not know what this thread is really based on a solid report or hear say.

A Major Female will basically listed in the main title sequence.  That is how I view it.

Someone proposed a theory that Mel will transfer her soul or part of it to Jon during his resurrection or rebirth process...thus fulfilling meeting Arya and walking the battlements of Winterfell as Jon, with Mel being part of him.

Eh really don't see that. The show can never pull off something that complex. If anything they always dumb things down

I dont think Fat Walda counts as a major character in the show. She says 10 words a season

Might be Ellaria. They advertised the Sand Snakes as major characters too, and Doran did threaten to kill her.

This is my guess. But she would be dumb to not leave right away. Well she is dumb already. She already signed her death sentence doing what she did. I think it will come down to if she cares if she dies or not, maybe she wants to reunite with Oberyn, but one would think she would want more revenge against the Lannisters. Either way she is a goner for sure, just a matter of time

My guess is that it could be Cersei. According to the prophecy all her three children will die. Joffery and Myrcella are already dead which leaves only Tommen alive. She becomes more and more paranoid about her prophecy and tries to keep Tommen close to her. Tommen may die this season causing more uncertainty in the succession of the Iron Throne, causing Cersei to become a psychopath and ultimately result in her death. 

Cersei is a major female character in this show. 

My guess is that it could be Cersei. According to the prophecy all her three children will die. Joffery and Myrcella are already dead which leaves only Tommen alive. She becomes more and more paranoid about her prophecy and tries to keep Tommen close to her. Tommen may die this season causing more uncertainty in the succession of the Iron Throne, causing Cersei to become a psychopath and ultimately result in her death. 

No, Cersei will go near the end. I think her and Tyrion will meet again before either of them dies.

No chance.

Especially because they want to build up zombie man gregor and that plotline and how she will try to get out of her mess, and will have a trial by combat etc

At this point there are actually only 2 viable options for a "major female character" dying in season premiere:

Ellaria - most likely candidate but actually does Myrcella count if they finish her death sequence in season premiere?

Mel - if Jon Snow is being revived during this episode but I can also see Davos killing her for Shireen and Bran somehow finishing the job of Jon's revival

Cersei - not likely now. The earliest you can expect her to die is at the end of this season - most likely end of next season or by middle of season 8)

Queen of Thorns - not likely to go soon but maybe this season if Tyrells complete their fall from power or Cersei finds out about Joffrey. I suspect next season. 

Messendei - they need her for the romance they are building with Grey Worm but she might do for a shock value in the MIDDLE of season around ep 4-5 same time when Barristan died.

Gilly - she and Sam need to reach his parents - around episodes 4-7 and thus provoke a major conflict with his father.

Fat Walda - I do not count her within major female character list - she is very minor character! She might die but thats not a "major character"

Flashback Lyanna - same - her role will even more minor than of Fat Walda

Archived