The supposed 'major female' death in the premiere.

RenlyTheOneTrueKing

depends on what was meant by "major" i say queen of thornes or brienne...which might be shocking...i like the idea that stannis and she die killing the other

...i expect ellaria to be imprisoned but not yet executed 

:smoking:

If it's Ellaria, can they please also kill the Snakes? Thanks.

If the kill the Snakes, they have been introduced for nothing. They didn't have any important role in season 5 so killing them now is a perfect way to waste characters. SS can still be improved and all the interviews, advertising weren't for nothing. Not to mention that they will also have bigger role in book 6.

Doran doesn't want to go to war with the Lannisters and Tyrells in King's Landing but the Sand Snakes led by Ellaria (or Arianna if you will in the books) want nothing more to avenge Elia and Oberyn's deaths. They want to undermine the peace and provoke a war with King's Landing. Killing Myrcella (or maiming her if you will in the books) is going to bring them their war.

At this moment the Tyrells have split Tommen's alliance between his devotion to Cersei and Margaery. Of course Cersei will want to wage war on Dorne for Myrcella, and in the show killing Myrcella at the moment she embraces him as  her father is going to bring Jaime to agree with Cersei on that, they'll also of course take Trystane hostage which will have to bring Doran Martell against the Lannisters. War against King's Landing and Dorne is inevitable, the only hope of preserving the peace is Margaery who could potentially have the influence over Tommen to reach a diplomatic solution, so of course Margaery has to die to prevent that from happening. So the Tyrells will have to unite with the Lannisters against Dorne. And Dorne will have to unite with Danaerys in order to defeat the Tyrells and Lannisters. And Tyrion being the one who knows the history of Dorne, the Targaryans and the Lannisters, is the one who will bring Danaerys and Dorne together.

Danaerys will ally with Dorne because she needs boats to move her forces from Essos to Westeros, and Dorne will unite with Danaerys to settle old scores and they need Danaerys's army to have any hope of defeating the Tyrells and Lannisters.

So....Margaery has to be the one to die to make that all possible, she is the only one standing in the way of it happening.

Margaery is as good as dead.

So we'll probably have 8 seasons, in which the seventh season will probably be mostly about Daenarys conquest of westeros and the eight season about the new war of the dawn.

So it wouldnt be weird if Cersei burned down king's landing at the end of the 6th season, it would set up the chaos Daenarys will have to deal with in the 7th season. 

Either Ellaria or Margaery IMO. I've felt that Margaery was destined for an Anne Boleyn-style ending in both the books and show, as much as it sucks 'cause Natalie Dormer is cute.

If it goes that way someone needs to make a "stop beheading Natalie Dormer in medieval period epics" shirt to go with the "don't kill Sean Bean" one.

Wouldn't it be incredible stupid of the Faith Militant to execute Margaery? That would upset the king, the Tyrell's and most of the people. If they do this in episode 1, the Faith Militant will be killed by the Tyrell forces and the King's Guard in episode 2.

Not sure if D & D would do that in episode 1, but Davos grapping Melisandre and jumping Jon Snow's funeral pyre could result in Jon's resurrection and would wrap up team Baratheon.

If Rickon is with Smalljon Umber Davos doesn't need to search.

While I'm not opposed to Margaery biting it (never mind my avatar  :P ), I too would find episode 1 very strange (at the end of the season with Pycelle and Kevan, sure why not?) for that, because, yeah, then the Lannister-Tyrell "allliance" is over immediately (and wtf was Petyr babbling to Olenna about then the other season?). I think Ellaria or Brienne is most likely. Maybe Melisandre but less likely.

Not sure if D & D would do that in episode 1, but Davos grapping Melisandre and jumping Jon Snow's funeral pyre could result in Jon's resurrection and would wrap up team Baratheon.

Great idea,  and since they finish Baratheons they can also get rid of Daenerys , Ironborn, Tyrell, Dorne and Vale, this show is anyway about House Lannister and little  bit of Stark ... 

(This is meant as  sarcasm in case you are not sure )

If it is true:

Mel The Red Priestess - sacrafices herself to bring Jon back.

Briene of Tarth- killed by someone approaching behind her "do your duty" or fighting off Bolton men to allow Sansa and Theon to escape.

Sansa Bolton - The fall or a crossbow or a pissed Ramsay if he catches her regarding Myranda (not known for rational thought) or suicide.

Queen Margeary Baratheon - Trial that fast or Ungregor gets his hit list.

Elaria Sand- not major but if Doran did not approve of the hit, a raven from the ship would be all it takes. She gave him her word, she broke it.

Meera Reed - anything is possible

Yara Greyjoy - It could happen, Theon has been reported dead and Euron could off his brother and only surviving heir. Vic not being cast too.

Khalesi Dany - no

Mess - anythting is possible

Arya Stark - no

Cersei - no

Lady Oleana Tyrell - intriguing possibility - she is the brains of House Tyrell and could be #1 on Cersei and Qyburn's hit list (Ungregor).

Lyanna Stark?/Targaryen? - if flashback, yes.

Gilly - I hope not but anything is possible

Archived