Who among the baratheon brothers would make the best king

Yucef Menaerys

I think Stannis, Renly and then Robert.

Stannis just seems to be a ruler.  Born to the throne.  He would not have a really good times reign but I believe he would make sure his people were taken care of and justly ruled.  That isn't bad.  In case of war, he would have been prepared and the realm would not be indebted to anyone.  He would make sure of it!

Renly would have been a good and generous king.  Benevolent, kind and well loved.  I think he would have had the best counselors and commanders money and friendship could buy for him.  He wouldn't need to be on the front lines, but he would be anyway.  He would be a for the people kind of king.

Robert, we all know Robert was a good time Charlie.  He ran the realm into debt and left the ruling to the fools and flatterers.  Not a great king but certainly better than the one he replaced!

I think Stannis, Renly and then Robert.

Stannis just seems to be a ruler.  Born to the throne.  He would not have a really good times reign but I believe he would make sure his people were taken care of and justly ruled.  That isn't bad.  In case of war, he would have been prepared and the realm would not be indebted to anyone.  He would make sure of it!

What do you mean by born to the throne?

Has he not just taken out a huge loan to become King?

Renly he has been in company of elite players if the GoT. Seems to be a nice guy, he kept Brienne by his side I always thought that was very nice of him.

He was affable... Nice to his allies (albeit a bit catty), but quite ruthless to his enemies.

As mentioned earlier, he starves King's Landing, smart yet ruthless. He lets the Riverlands bleed as his enemies duke it out, again smart yet ruthless. Holds Catelyn hostage as he threatens her, and makes sure to let her know that if her son doesn't bend the knee, he'll be destroyed.

Has he not just taken out a huge loan to become King?

It's OK when Stannis does it, I suppose.

• 2 months later...

Renly was not a nice guy. The jokes that he made about his niece were pretty mean. But he was a more likabke character than most thou.

I never got why he would mention bad mouth his niece for no reason at all. I would actually not hate him if he would left her out of his jokes.

Robert.   Robert  was loved and feared ,while Stannis was feared and not loved and Renly was loved but not feared . Robert basic problem was that he had a bad hand in Jon Arryn  and another problem he had was that most of his friends died at the battle of the Trident , so he became dependent on Jon Arryn to choose who to be a part of his small council .

I think its Renly. I would have said Robert if it wasn't that Robert was to afraid or incapable of handling non-physical conflicts. Stannis is to stiff and to be frank, just, to work as a king. Aegon V showed that the nobility will not suffer infringements on their power while Stannis has the bad traits of making enemies easily and friends hardly. At least that's how I've come to see it.

On a personal note I do like Stannis more than Renly, but that is not the same thing as being a good king.

Archived