Are Aeron's special abilities going to be a plot point?

Taenqyrhae

On a re-read, I took greater notice of the section where Aeron is describing his life before he found religion.  Of particular note is his ability to urinate great volumes and distances.  He used to win bets by betting he could piss out hearth fires, and he said he spent most of his time as a prisoner at Casterly Rock demonstrating his amazing urination abilities to Lannisters.

I don't think this is just filler, I think it's foreshadowing.

In the same volume (possibly in the same chapter), someone says that another Ironborn is a kinslayer because he spilled the blood of a relative, but when Aeron finds out he drowned he comments "No blood was spilled if he was drowned".  Do Ironborn believe in an exception to the kinslaying curse if someone is drowned?  If so, I think I can tell where he's going with that.

Aeron really hates Euron, Aeron is a godly man and would not spill his brother's blood - but if Aeron thinks drowning Euron would get him around that, I can see how the urination abilities will come back up.

Aeron and Euron will be stuck somewhere far from the ocean or water, and Aeron is going to be able to overpower and capture Euron.  Euron is going to taunt him about how Aeron would never dare to hurt him and become a kinslayer, and may even bring up the rusty hinge incident to make Euron even angrier.  And that's how Aeron will end up drowning Euron by pissing down his throat.

Either that, or some Lannister is going to recognize him at some point and say "Hey, you're that Ironborn who can piss out a hearthfire!  I used to pay the gaoler at Casterly Rock to come watch!"

I'm serious - we have a cool character (air on damp hair is really chilling) who doesn't really do much except hate one of the big villains who happens to be his brother, who spends most of a page describing his ability to urinate unnatural amounts, and who also implies that drowning someone is not kinslaying.  It's too much coincidence to not mean anything.

Aeron will drown one of the dragons.

THIS IS A GOOD ONE.  One problem with my idea is that a normal human should be able to produce enough urine to drown someone, if they are held down, so why mention that Aeron can urinate enough to put out a large fire - unless he's going to use that urine power to put out a dragon's flame, possibly permanently.

THIS IS A GOOD ONE.  One problem with my idea is that a normal human should be able to produce enough urine to drown someone, if they are held down, so why mention that Aeron can urinate enough to put out a large fire - unless he's going to use that urine power to put out a dragon's flame, possibly permanently.

Qyburn will fuse Aeron and Tormund; neither wildfire nor dragon will stand against the new Westeros Fire Department

Qyburn will fuse Aeron and Tormund; neither wildfire nor dragon will stand against the new Westeros Fire Department

I think Tormund is exaggerating about his penis but Aeron's magical urination powers are real.

I am going to gloat so hard when Euron drowns in Aeron's urine.

I bet it will even be connected to Euron's molestation of Aeron.  Euron is going to be tied up before Aeron, and Aeron is going to whip it out, and Euron will laugh and say something like "So you think you're going to do to me what I did to you?  Put that anywhere near my mouth and I will bite it off" and then Aeron will proceed to drown Euron in urine.

No. They rise harder and stronger. They don't piss further and longer.

Read AFfC, Aeron has amazing urination abilities.  LANNISTERS CAME TO SEE HIM URINATE WHILE HE WAS IMPRISONED BY THEM.  This is special.

Archived