All bias aside, who do you think is the best overall human being in the story?

KingStannisFan

And it can only be someone who is an adult or close enough to adulthood that they are pretty mature.....

I will say Ser Davos. He has a criminal past, but he's a genuinely good person who cares about doing what is right, and he supports the rightful King because he knows unlike most in Westeros he means what he says, and believes in justice and fairness.

This it's hard because I really feel an important theme is that it you scratch the surface everyone is really flawed in deep ways. (Not necessarily very evil ways, but deep scars of something less than noble.)

But if we are talking about just a persons moral eptitude, I'd say:
Sam, Brienne, Davos, Aemon, Luwin, Jojen and Meera, Barriston, Jon Snow

Honorable mentions for most improved:
Jamie, Thoros, Theon (maybe...he may be redeemable, depending what direction he goes)

Oops, forgot to mention Ned. I guess he's a given, unless you count making Cat feel ashamed by bringing Jon home against him.

And it can only be someone who is an adult or close enough to adulthood that they are pretty mature.....

I will say Ser Davos. He has a criminal past, but he's a genuinely good person who cares about doing what is right, and he supports the rightful King because he knows unlike most in Westeros he means what he says, and believes in justice and fairness.

You can't ignore DAvos' criminal past.  Do we know that he doesn't blood on his hands while smuggling?  I doubt those grubby hands, when he had all of his fingers,  are clean.

My choice for best human beings in the story:

1. Barristan - honorable, brave man
  2. Samwell - a coward, but he has a good heart
  3. Ned - genuine good guy, kept a promise to a dead girl.
  4. Dany - she cares about people, wants to right the greatest wrong in that world, set half a million slaves free.
  5. Brienne - honorable, brave, keeps to her vows.

Archived