Dancy is Tywin's Bastard

Lost Melnibonean

A button nose is a short, dainty nose. Snub noses and pug noses are button noses where the tip points up. Pug noses are a bit flatter than snub noses. None of the ASOIAF characters are described as having button noses.

The only character described as having a snub nose is Rohanne Webber. Of course she went on to wed Gerold Lannister, and just about all of the current Lannisters we know are her descendants.

She was short, just under five feet, and slim. She wore her red hair in a very long braid that brushed her thighs. She had a dimpled chin, a snub nose, and a light spray of freckles across her cheeks.

Before her time, Jacaerys Velaryon, and presumably his brothers and Harwin Strong, had a pug nose. Her contemporary, Raymun Fossaway, also had a pug nose. During more recent events, Ygritte, Small Paul, Frenya, and Hildy are described as having pug noses.

But so is Daven Lannister, Rohanne's great grandson (Tywin's nephew). The only other ASOIAF character described as having a pug nose is Dancy. She was pug-nosed and bouncy, with freckles and a mane of thick red hair that tumbled down past her waist. When Tyrion recalled and referred Oberyn to her, he described Dancy's hair as the color of honey. Is that an inconsistency, or was Dancy a strawberry blonde? Damn the SSM, The George was obviously caught off guard. I'm going with the latter.

And of course we know that a certain Hand of the King, most likely Tywin, had a secret passage built so that he could visit Chataya's where Dancy now works.

So, Im sayin' that Dancy is Tywin's natural daughter, and this scene. . .

"Is milord feeling unloved?" Dancy slid into his lap and nibbled at his ear. "I have a cure for that."

Smiling, Tyrion shook his head. "You are too beautiful for words, sweetling, but I've grown fond of Alayaya's remedy."

"You've never tried mine. Milord never chooses anyone but 'Yaya. She's good but I'm better, don't you want to see?"

"Next time, perhaps." Tyrion had no doubt that Dancy would be a lively handful. She was pug-nosed and bouncy, with freckles and a mane of thick red hair that tumbled down past her waist. But he had Shae waiting for him at the manse.

Giggling, she put her hand between his thighs and squeezed him through his breeches. "I don't think he wants to wait till next time," she announced. "He wants to come out and count all my freckles, I think."

"Dancy." Alayaya stood in the doorway, dark and cool in gauzy green silk. "His lordship is come to visit me."

Tyrion gently disentangled himself from the other girl and stood. Dancy did not seem to mind. "Next time," she reminded him. She put a finger in her mouth and sucked it.

Tyrion VII, Clash 29

. . . Is eerily similar to this scene. . .

"I'm named Bella," the girl told Gendry. "For the battle. I bet I could ring your bell, too. You want to?"

"No," he said gruffly.

"I bet you do." She ran a hand along his arm. "I don't cost nothing to friends of Thoros and the lightning lord."

"No, I said." Gendry rose abruptly and stalked away from the table out into the night.

Arya V, Storm 29

It just seems strange that the webber look would come out in only 1 person a few generations down the line from Rohanne.  Here's a question,  Tywins wife was his cousin, was she a descendent of lady Rohanne as well?  If so, its more likely his own children would have her look than his child from someone else not descended from Lady Rohanne.

Well, it isn't very well supported, but I guess it is something to think about.

Oh, come on! They both have similar noses, red hair, and freckles! Seriously, what about Dancy havong a mane of hair, eh? (I have to admit that a lot of characters, that have nothing to do with House Lannister, are described as having manes).

It just seems strange that the webber look would come out in only 1 person a few generations down the line from Rohanne.  Here's a question,  Tywins wife was his cousin, was she a descendent of lady Rohanne as well?  If so, its more likely his own children would have her look than his child from someone else not descended from Lady Rohanne.

Tywin was the son of Tytos Lannister and Jeyne Marbrand. Joanna was the daughter of Jason Lannister and his second wife Marla Prester. Tytos and Jason were both sons of Gerold Lannister and Rohanne Webber.

No, the other whore who bet her to sleep with tyrion is the real lannister bastard. Green eyes, golden hair, she can read, the right age to be tywin's.

Eta marei. That was her name.

Marei didna have golden hair. She had "long straight silvery hair." Maybe Aerys knew about Tywin's passage, eh? Let's push another pot off that shelf, shall we?

Marei didna have golden hair. She had "long straight silvery hair." Maybe Aerys knew about Tywin's passage, eh? Let's push another pot off that shelf, shall we?

in the dimly lit room, he could have mistaken the color. I don't care either way, but it is interesting that marei is in the show but she has red hair. Maybe there is a lannister bastard?

ACoK: Tyrion VII

Marei was a cool, pale, delicate girl Tyrion had noticed once or twice. Green eyes and porcelain skin, long straight silvery hair, very lovely, but too solemn by half. "I'd hate to have the poor child lose her pearls on account of me."

ACoK L Tyrion VII

"Next time, perhaps." Tyrion had no doubt that Dancy would be a lively handful. She was pug-nosed and bouncy, with freckles and a mane of thick red hair that tumbled down past her waist. But he had Shae waiting for him at the manse.

Apparently Dancy either darkens her hair, lightens it later on or it may be a honey red (strawberry blonde).

ASoS: Tyrion V

Tyrion gave him a long look. "Chataya's on the Street of Silk has several girls who might suit your needs. Dancy has hair the color of honey. Marei's is pale white-gold. I would advise you to keep one or the other by your side at all times, my lord."

And of course we know that a certain Hand of the King, most likely Tywin, had a secret passage built so that he could visit Chataya's where Dancy now works.

So, Im sayin' that Dancy is Tywin's natural daughter, and this scene. . .

Very interesting, LM.  While so many have theorized about Marei, I don't recall anyone proposing Dancy as a Lannister offspring. 

Archived