Jon Snow reference in the appendix (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Andre Santos

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!!!!

So just got to the end of the book and saw in the appendix that Jon Snow's name is not in the same brackets {} as all the mentioned dead characters.

I assume this is an already discussed to death topic, but new to me, so do people think that's a potential hint from GRRM that Jon may not be dead, yet at least?

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!!!!

So just got to the end of the book and saw in the appendix that Jon Snow's name is not in the same brackets {} as all the mentioned dead characters.

I assume this is an already discussed to death topic, but new to me, so do people think that's a potential hint from GRRM that Jon may not be dead, yet at least?

Sure!  I think it's more of an indication that it's simply not confirmed yet that Jon is dead.  I mean, there are a couple of scenarios: 1) he may not have been killed (I think this unlikely) or 2) he may have been killed but...he's "coming back" somehow (this is what I believe will happen) ;)

It should be noted that the appendix reflects the state at the beginning of the books, not the end. As an example: Robert Baratheon's name is not in brackets in the appendix of AGOT, since at the beginning of AGOT he is still alive. His name is in brackets in ACOK because he is dead at the beginning of ACOK.

So I'm afraid I'll have to burst that little bubble of hope.

It should be noted that the appendix reflects the state at the beginning of the books, not the end. As an example: Robert Baratheon's name is not in brackets in the appendix of AGOT, since at the beginning of AGOT he is still alive. His name is in brackets in ACOK because he is dead at the beginning of ACOK.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! DAMN YOU, HOLY GOAT!!!!! DAMN YOU TO SEVEN HELLS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that clarification, as I looked again after your comment there were others in the same condition, so makes sense.

Still doesn't mean he's dead hehe :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for that clarification, as I looked again after your comment there were others in the same condition, so makes sense.

Still doesn't mean he's dead hehe :)

I'm of the opinion that he may yet live. Should he really be dead - there are all matters of methods to bring him back, so to speak :P

• 1 month later...
On 3.1.2016 at 2:47 AM, Silvana said:

I'm of the opinion that he may yet live. Should he really be dead - there are all matters of methods to bring him back, so to speak :P

Yep. Just saying BERIC DONDARRION....

And hey, what is dead may nevet die but rise harder and stronger. Jon SNOW might be dead but lets remember that short moment before the red wedding (crying internal) when robb wrote a certain letter that would make him a Stark

Archived