Star Wars Episode VII: The Fourth Awakens

Rhom

I think that by most accounts Lucas is a good guy... he just really needs people around him to tell him no. That's really the story of the Prequels, I'd say. It's also worth noting that (IIRC) according to Spielberg, Indiana Jones 4 was basically Lucas' big idea too, except he wanted to call it "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars."

Would have been a better title. Such a bad title might have served as fair warning for the awfulness that the film turned out to be

I tried reading the free sample too - utter garbage. Not sure I could make it all the way through the book so I'm going to save my money.

I was a pretty avid EU reader, but outside of the Rebels tie-in book all of the new books don't seem to be getting any good reviews. Anyone have a good experience with any of the new books?

I was a pretty avid EU reader, but outside of the Rebels tie-in book all of the new books don't seem to be getting any good reviews. Anyone have a good experience with any of the new books?

New Dawn is the only one I've read (the Rebels tie-in). A decent read; slow first half, but good second half; in the grand scheme of Star Wars, its story is on the small scale.

Maybe think about throwing that under some spoiler tags, bud? I can avoid clicking on an obviously spoiler-filled link, it's not as easy to avoid reading a 4 word post with no warnings. Not trying to be a bitch, just sayin'. :)

Maybe think about throwing that under some spoiler tags, bud? I can avoid clicking on an obviously spoiler-filled link, it's not as easy to avoid reading a 4 word post with no warnings. Not trying to be a bitch, just sayin'. :)

You're right, it's been rectified. The link does seem to be hookum though, and this point has been discussed sometimes prior, but yeah I should have spoilered that.

I haven't gotten around to reading it yet (although I have it) but I've heard good things about Lords of the Sith.

Yeah, I didn't know that either and I feel bad about some of the things I've called the man. I still loathe him for almost destroying Star Wars, but that's a fantastic thing to do. It also kinda matters to me that I didn't know he did that. There's a forbes article I was just looking at that explains he gave it to schools no less, but the fact that he didn't make a big deal out of it even further heightens my respect for the act.

Yeah, doing something like that and not demanding parades is even more noble - although I'd probably at least have a yoda statue outside my school if he paid for it :)

Lords of the Sith and Dark Disciple are both very good reads. Those two I highly recommend. Heir to the Jedi was pretty poor and Tarkin I couldn't finish despite the lack of any action, but what I did read gave you insight into the Empire's political machinations.

Well I caved and got Aftermath on my kindle last night, I'm about 5 chapters in and the story is kinda meh so far. And I've never seen so many 3 word sentences in a book that isn't meant for teaching a kid to read. Oh, and loopty-loop is used to describe a ships' movements at one point... :bang:

Well, I believe Aftermath is now officially the worst-reviewed Star Wars book ever on amazon.com. I don't think I've ever seen a lower average (2 out of 5 stars) on any kind of SW fiction on there, be it comic, novel or reference book.

There's a preview there too, and I agree, the prose is god-awful.

The interesting thing is that from a few of the plot summaries I've read, the actual story itself is pretty decent. Just very badly written with some bizarre narrative choices. I'm thinking I'll just wait until the entire story has been summarised in more detail and read that instead. :lol:

The interesting thing is that from a few of the plot summaries I've read, the actual story itself is pretty decent. Just very badly written with some bizarre narrative choices. I'm thinking I'll just wait until the entire story has been summarised in more detail and read that instead. :lol:

The interludes sound pretty cool too. It's just that the preview almost gave me a headache...

So it's like the prequels.

Archived