Angry Got Fan AMA with GRRM.

redeagl

Here is everything GRRM said: ( Credit goes to Reddit.)

• GRRM RIPPING ON HOW THE SHOWS BUDGET CUT SO MANY SCENES AND SHRUNK THE SCOPE
  • GRRM read the Battle of Meereen chapter, which includes a speech from Barristan

• "Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."

• GRRM is writing the final two books right now

• Characters that are dead on the show will be alive through the end of the books.

• There is no system to the magic in Westeros.

• HBO is forcing GRRM to go to the Emmy's.

• There are dinosaurs in the ASOIAF world

• "I know who is going to be on the Iron Throne at the end."

• GRRM will never go back and change things in ASOIAF

• "There is enough cut written material for an entire other book."

• He pictures the book characters when he writes, not the TV characters.

• "Peter Dinklage's Tyrion is nothing like book Tyrion."

• GRRM is "not perfectly happy" with the TV show.

This changes many things and debunk some theories.(There will be no IT in the end.)

The most important thing is that he's confirming the existence of Blue the Braavosiraptor. All Hail Blue, she's our Queen!

To avoid getting locked, I think we better focus on this information (no spoilers, no show):

• "Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."
  • There is no system to the magic in Westeros.
  • There are dinosaurs in the ASOIAF world
  • "I know who is going to be on the Iron Throne at the end."
  • GRRM will never go back and change things in ASOIAF
  • "There is enough cut written material for an entire other book."

Thanks for the info, OP!

And JonCon's Red Beard, I'm glad the velociraptor has been vindicated. Long live Blue! And here's to hoping we get a raptor skinchange. Arya is in Braavos after all...

Dany and her dragon, Jon and Ghost , Bran and summer, arya and nym...BLUE MOTHERF****

There is no system to magic!!!! Whaaa?

He's already said this multiple times, no matter how much some fans don't want to accept it. For instance, in 2008: "He doesn't have a magic system specifically. Some authors do but too like D&D for him... Magic has to be magic - something that violates law of nature." He contrasts his approach with John W. Campbell, who "treated magic as science... that approach to magic and the aproach in role playing games is...just science, not magic. Magic has to be more mysterious than that. He wants less Campbell and more Lovecraft. It has to be dark stuff we can't fully comprehend."

So... at least we have one confirmation of someone actually surviving this? :lol:

Sure, the leader of the Others will survive and sit the IT for many years, ruling as a wise and good king. :)

Archived