Angry Got Fan AMA with GRRM.

redeagl

I think he has said this a few times but always says he really likes PD's portrayal. At the very least I've definitely heard him comment on how hot PD is in comparison to book!Tyrion. ;)

Exactly. Show Tyrion is too good looking to be book Tyrion. When I was doing my reread, I had forgotten how monstrous Tyrion is described as being. And now missing a nose on top of everything else.

:lmao: sorry, it's just that... I also work in technologies and I've seen some cases that well...

(my ex is an electronic engineer and he cannot write 'laptop' right...)

Well, I can relate with you ex I couldn't spell my way out of a paper bag. Which is kind of embarrassing as I'm an avid reader.

But back on topic:I want more dinosaurs in the next books and/or learn more about this velociraptor.

Exactly. Show Tyrion is too good looking to be book Tyrion. When I was doing my reread, I had forgotten how monstrous Tyrion is described as being. And now missing a nose on top of everything else.

I actually imagine Drinklage now because the grotesque nose book Tyrion has.

Well that was impossible to avoid although it is irritating that they choose to focus more on certain characters and situations

[spoiler]Compare last season's Jon Snow's epic confrontation with the Night's King to the brief, sad battle which led to the death of King Stannis Baratheon. That's right, me a fervent supporter of Dany, I called him a King.[/spoiler]

•  
  • "Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."

I think that with the exception of the theories about Jon's parentage and the Blackfyre theory most of the theories are wishful thinking. I wonder if he was thinking of the JW pregnant theory.

• GRRM is writing the final two books right now
  • Characters that are dead on the show will be alive through the end of the books.

I knew it! Here's hoping that soon he will finish them!

[spoiler]Let us hope that this means that Mance and Ser Barristan will make it until the last book.....Please. [/spoiler]

• "There is enough cut written material for an entire other book."

Will he release them, at least online, once the books are published?

• "I know who is going to be on the Iron Throne at the end

As long as it isn't Ramsay 

• "Peter Dinklage's Tyrion is nothing like book Tyrion."

• GRRM is "not perfectly happy" with the TV show.

Well, obviously....

btw, I don't think he's writing the two final books at the same time due to, well, time, but because he's tying all the knots together. :dunno:

That is possible actually, and I recall reading something of that sort before. He writes by POV rather than chronologically, so some of the POV chapters he has written may be for DoS. Think about the [winds spoiler] [spoiler] Mercy chapter, which was supposedly the first intended Arya chapter after the five year gap. So he has, technically, written Dance and Winds simultaneously. [/spoiler].

"Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."

You can bet it isn't, I am in the middle of n-th reread I am amazed. I spent last year reading, researching and crafting so many theories, reading bits and searching through books, that I thought every word is a clue for something. 

It is just that there are so much potential clues, but when you look at it relatively, there is not, the books are just huge and there is bunch of stuff that can be no clue whatsoever. 

Even some clues to the events are bound to happen accidentally, not to mention symbolic clues.

Are these tweets true at least? I hope this means TWOW could be released a little before or along with the s6 premiere.

Dinklage doesn't give a shit anymore. He was good in the first seasons, but with the material in the last one I can't blame him. George is probably jealous for not coming up first with Ramsay's 20 good men or ''bad pussy''. Apart from Hardhome s5 was a total joke and I don't see how or why George would like it.

This is for those who believe that Tyrion will be a hero to save the world.

There are many subtle clues pointing that Tyrion is turning into a monster.

Not so subtle. He might meet Tysha and she'll run away when she sees what he has become...be sufficiently heartbreaking for george

Wait ya'll but this --

Characters that are dead on the show will be alive through the end of the books.

Like Barristan and Stannis??? I mean, that sounds like no one else is going to die and that's about as un-GRRM-y as can be!

It Mago, Jayne, Pyp and Grenn...actually quite a few in there. Jeyne would be my hope, along with Barristan.

All in all some sweet info...gonna have to read the thread on the raptor now as I always assumed from the title that it was trolling...and of course words are just words. People have theories based on everything here. It's mental

"Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."

And also most of the theories, most can mean 51% of them. Of course most are erroneous, there are several theories on who, say, Daario is, only one of them can be true. There are plain stupid or troll theories. Also lots of theories are much closer to hypotheses then to theories, good deal of those will not be true, it's only rational.

Pretty much all of well established theories can still be true, along with some of the conjectures and hypotheses.

I hate people who will use this on every thread and go "That can't be true, GRRM said most of theories are wrong" thinking only two or three theories can turn out true. 

Everything is relative here as most lines are not clues to anything and we still have thousands of lines that are probably clues, same with the theories, we have hundreds of theories, saying most of them are wrong is not saying much or putting theoretics down as a species 

And also most of the theories, most can mean 51% of them. Of course most are erroneous, there are several theories on who, say, Daario is, only one of them can be true. There are plain stupid or troll theories. Also lots of theories are much closer to hypotheses then to theories, good deal of those will not be true, it's only rational.

Pretty much all of well established theories can still be true, along with some of the conjectures and hypotheses.

I hate people who will use this on every thread and go "That can't be true, GRRM said most of theories are wrong" thinking only two or three theories can turn out true. 

Everything is relative here as most lines are not clues to anything and we still have thousands of lines that are probably clues, same with the theories, we have hundreds of theories, saying most of them are wrong is not saying much or putting theoretics down as a species 

It might just be me, but if I was saying most I'd be talking about a far higher percentage. The only reason to say most and mean 51% is to mis lead people and I'd say he's doing his best to stop that...and too many crazy theories which leads to too much hype and stress for himself

It might just be me, but if I was saying most I'd be talking about a far higher percentage. The only reason to say most and mean 51% is to mis lead people and I'd say he's doing his best to stop that...and too many crazy theories which leads to too much hype and stress for himself

No man I was just saying how insubstantial the whole thing is, no need to abandon good theories because of it.

I reckon he thought like 75-80%, there are hundreds of theories, there are still hundreds of valid and true ones.

i bet with the realization that the show will pass up the books GRRM feels a little less pressured. I'm all for a book 8 as long as it's rolled out a year from book 7. 

Dinosaurs, though: I'd love to see some creationist backlash to this. :devil:

Well no. He's putting himself under a lot of pressure to get Winds out first, and if I had to guess why it's because he wants to be the first to reveal R+L=J.
"He pictures the book characters when he writes, not the TV characters" makes me sooooo happy. If only we could have pictures of what these characters look like in his head :(

Here is everything GRRM said: ( Credit goes to Reddit.)

• GRRM RIPPING ON HOW THE SHOWS BUDGET CUT SO MANY SCENES AND SHRUNK THE SCOPE
  • GRRM read the Battle of Meereen chapter, which includes a speech from Barristan

• "Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."

• GRRM is writing the final two books right now

• Characters that are dead on the show will be alive through the end of the books.

• There is no system to the magic in Westeros.

• HBO is forcing GRRM to go to the Emmy's.

• There are dinosaurs in the ASOIAF world

• "I know who is going to be on the Iron Throne at the end."

• GRRM will never go back and change things in ASOIAF

• "There is enough cut written material for an entire other book."

• He pictures the book characters when he writes, not the TV characters.

• "Peter Dinklage's Tyrion is nothing like book Tyrion."

• GRRM is "not perfectly happy" with the TV show.

Yeah he finally maned up about the shows lack of quality, still all this time subtracts from his integrity, he should have spoke up long time ago. They make him, fuck, if it's not in the contract, he should not go and fuck HBO

In the beginning I was staunch supporter of chaotic and unexplainable magic in ASOIAF, but other people have led me astray with their fancy theories and clues and facts, shame on them, I was fucking right, it just made sense.

Boy will I be happy with release of cut material, or Martin can tie it all in, with extra, imagine Game of Thrones through eyes of Littlefinger or Robb or fucking Pycelle, or advantures of some Pentoshi slave or some sparrow, or extended cut of Arya's travels.

It is nice that he is into it and has a plan but I hope he will publish something, I would rather have one book now than two books five years from now.

But the fucking dinosaurs, it's probably just a sideline or at worst a joke, people tend to get GRRM to much at face value, I don't expect dinosaurs to feature more prominently then now.

Archived