Season 6 - what we know (MAJOR SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

it seems slow and clunky, and looks as a font set is being used that I may not have installed since I have square boxes next to some action points.

On the other hand that matches perfectly with the tv show after season 5 and the books after ADWD. Mission accomplished.

Thanks to WOTW.

Description of one of the two new casting members involved in the North appears to be Lord-too-fat-to-sit-on-his-horse.

He is a fat nobleman in his 60's. He has distinctive rugged features, a Northern accent, and a distinguished air. Their sources reports that he has a stirring speech during which he unexpectedly shifts political alliances.

The other is tougher to guess.

He's a callow young nobleman in his 20's who has been thrust into a position of power before he is ready. They're looking for an actor using a Northern accent, and one who is physically fit, can play somewhat hot-headed and can look rugged.

Guess for callow noble seems to be the new Lord Cerwyn, but it's a guess.

If Lord Manderly is true, I like Davos,but I hope Sansa is the one to hear the speech from him, I think it just be more stirring if a Stark of Winterfell hears it for themselves, and to me Lady Stark would fit.

Leaving manderly out would have been a travesty. Seems like they are using the extra season to make up for last year's winterhell' s farce.

I guess this season they will concentrate on Roose desperately trying to hold Winterfell together, with a lot of internal fighting. This might not be between Freys and Manderleys, who havent been established to be there in the show, but between Ramsey and Roose. 

That would lead to Roose being killed and Ramsey displaying him on a cross. 

Where Manderley fits into that I don't know. He probably doesn't.

Leaving manderly out would have been a travesty. Seems like they are using the extra season to make up for last year's winterhell' s farce.

It will still be a travesty if the role is as minor as the casting call seem to imply - the actor will be filming one day only. The character will be called "Manderly", he'll be fat, and he'll suddenly and unexpectedly turn on the Boltons, but it won't be book!Manderly, nor will the plot be the same. 

They're not trying to "make up" for anything. D&D care nothing for mollifying angry book purists, with good reason. The Northern lord plot being shoved to Season 6 was clearly the plan. Sansa's plot being changed in light of this new information appears to be linked to the need to put Sansa in the North and set up her role in the Northern storyline, since it's clear from filming information that that's where she'll be spending Season 6. Everything seems to be tied to the big Northern war being put over to Season 6, with Stannis being taken out of contention. Sansa needed to be back in the North, Stannis needed to be destroyed, and the Northern lords needed to wait around for Jon to resurrect to spearhead the movement to boot out Ramsay. Thus the "mysterious" plot changes in Season 5 (Sansa going to Winterfell, Stannis dying early, Northern lords MIA).

The more we learn about Season 6, the more clear the reason for the Northern lords being left out of Season 5 and the Northern lord plot being moved to Season 6. They wanted the Northern struggle for succession to figure prominently in one season--Season 6--and to tie Jon's resurrection into it. Therefore, they wouldn't want to cast Northern lords in Season 5 and have them sitting on their hands for a season until they became useful. The plan seems to be to bring the Northern lords in when they're needed and not a moment sooner. It's really not all that different from the Ironborn going MIA until they can be given proper attention in Season 6.

They're not trying to "make up" for anything. D&D care nothing for mollifying angry book purists, with good reason. The Northern lord plot being shoved to Season 6 was clearly the plan. Sansa's plot being changed in light of this new information appears to be linked to the need to put Sansa in the North and set up her role in the Northern storyline, since it's clear from filming information that that's where she'll be spending Season 6. Everything seems to be tied to the big Northern war being put over to Season 6, with Stannis being taken out of contention. Sansa needed to be back in the North, Stannis needed to be destroyed, and the Northern lords needed to wait around for Jon to resurrect to spearhead the movement to boot out Ramsay. Thus the "mysterious" plot changes in Season 5 (Sansa going to Winterfell, Stannis dying early, Northern lords MIA).

The more we learn about Season 6, the more clear the reason for the Northern lords being left out of Season 5 and the Northern lord plot being moved to Season 6. They wanted the Northern struggle for succession to figure prominently in one season--Season 6--and to tie Jon's resurrection into it. Therefore, they wouldn't want to cast Northern lords in Season 5 and have them sitting on their hands for a season until they became useful. The plan seems to be to bring the Northern lords in when they're needed and not a moment sooner. It's really not all that different from the Ironborn going MIA until they can be given proper attention in Season 6.

And, IMHO, it makes more sense for the Northern Lords to group around Sansa, DeadJon or even Rickon than to follow Stannis. Basically Stannis was needed to save the wall. GRRM's plot has fat to trim.

When you put it like that...it certainly make sense. If Robb's will made it to the show. It would have ben even more interesting. Some of the Northern lords would follow what their last KitN said and others would stand behind Rickon and then you have Sansa another key element in this. Not all of them would trust Jon even if legitimized with bunch of a Wildlings with him. Right now Jon would be a bastard, deserter with wildlings army at his disposal. I guess Sansa and Jon will gather ressistance to fight Boltons together and that's probably why they made sure that Jon was mentioned to Sansa. So she can make it there. Although we don't know how much Kit and Sophie filmed together...there is lack of news on this front. Only this makes me doubt certain things.  Jon couldn't do it on his own to convince them to fight with him. Wildllings after all are their enemy.

Not sure if Sansa makes it to the Wall; but if she does and Jon is alive by one way or the other I could see him asking Davos to make the rounds to the Northern Lords and asking him to take Sansa or Sansa saying Davos would need help with the Lords and she goes with him.

Not sure if Sansa makes it to the Wall

At this point, I'd say that's a certainty.  The only viable alternative destinations were going to Last Hearth and winding up with the Valemen (or, I guess, the more out-there Riverlands theories); the episode for the Smalljon effectively rules out the former, and the latter seems unlikely based on what we know about the season so far, e.g., Sansa being at Snowbowl with no Valemen in sight.

Not sure if Sansa makes it to the Wall; but if she does and Jon is alive by one way or the other I could see him asking Davos to make the rounds to the Northern Lords and asking him to take Sansa or Sansa saying Davos would need help with the Lords and she goes with him.

They set this up last season and it makes the most sense out of all options. Although she might stumble upon some Northern lords and she will gather people to fight Boltons. That seems unlikely for various reasons. They will show up with another Stark children.

Still don't know about Umbers. I hope they're only playing it, but if not?

If Jon is resurrected and they're all together. I can see some big meeting between Northerners instead of Davos doing rounds and gathering people. Sansa and Jon will plead Northerners to fight with them. There could be that speech for this new character who is probably Wyman Manderly or some version of him for show.

One thing that occurs to me. What if that person Mel saw in her vision was Sansa and not her. What if Mel is going to bite it and it will be Jon/Sansa being victorious.

One thing that occurs to me. What if that person Mel saw in her vision was Sansa and not her. What if Mel is going to bite it and it will be Jon/Sansa being victorious.

Mel on the show has a flawless track record in terms of the actual images she sees -- hence, why she tends to just give straightforward pronouncements.  With the prediction about Stannis' victory, the show made the atypical decision to have her actually explain her reasoning process, which allows the audience to understand how she took two correct pieces of information (herself walking on the walls of Winterfell, the Bolton banners cast down) and drew an incorrect (though understandable) inference from it (that Stannis wins the battle).  Having her misread the actual image would be overly complicated and very difficult to get across (particularly if Mel is dead by that point); she's never made a mistake like that.

Archived