Season 6 - what we know (MAJOR SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

Guess this means they can put Jon Snow in the trailers now. Can't wait for the next season. 

Maybe they will show his dead body in the trailers or even what would appears to be a funeral. HBO said it's a sort of a memorial tribute or image for the character so they're still going with the "Jon Snow is dead". I think they Kit will stay away from any GOT event and they will use minimum of Jon in the new trailers.

“Lyanna’s statue whispered. She wore a garland of pale blue roses, and her eyes wept blood.

Even from the poster you can sense that Jon will be a darker character after he will be resurrected by Mel.

I even dislike the idea that Jon might  simply get up and go on with his businees of being the nice chap who is on the road to save the world.

Martin is too much aware of philosophical and religious questions about death. Death as threshold where you can never return from or death as promise. But in no cultural context the dead simply returning has  ever been a straightforward thing, death as minor inconvenience: shake, hiccup and go on with your life. 

Death has an impact and there will be a price to pay: in all mythologies the un-dead are not physically human anymore, they may look like us, not every revenant in mythology or pop culture is a zomble, and yet they are monsters, not subject to the same rules of ageing, eating and procreating.

Or the revenant gets a mythological role as savior of the world, literally or spiritually, uplifting the simple act of dying, a body transforming into a different arrangement of molecules, into some kind of spiritual payment. We had the burning of Shireen as an attempt to buy a better world by killing an innocent. Would Martin give Jon the Jesus treatment as well?

No, I think Martin has too much respect for the real severity and of death as philosophical concept to make it something you can easily deal with in literature. Been dead? Get a grip and take  a shower! No, that's not Martin. If Jon was really dead - and not only seriously wounded, his body preserved in a coma, his soul in Ghost - then he will for sure not just go on being the nice guy Jon. Then he will be changed and indeed get much darker. A challenge for the actor btw. 

We may believe that Jon is the one to do the ultimate sacrifice, Azor Ahai, stabbing maybe Dany or Sansa, and then fight the ultimate fight, not the shiny but the dark, complex and ultimately doomed hero. Only I hope very much the story will not be as straightforward as that and everything might be quite unexpected.

I even dislike the idea that Jon might  simply get up and go on with his businees of being the nice chap who is on the road to save the world.

Martin is too much aware of philosophical and religious questions about death. Death as threshold where you can never return from or death as promise. But in no cultural context the dead simply returning has  ever been a straightforward thing, death as minor inconvenience: shake, hiccup and go on with your life. 

Death has an impact and there will be a price to pay: in all mythologies the un-dead are not physically human anymore, they may look like us, not every revenant in mythology or pop culture is a zomble, and yet they are monsters, not subject to the same rules of ageing, eating and procreating.

Or the revenant gets a mythological role as savior of the world, literally or spiritually, uplifting the simple act of dying, a body transforming into a different arrangement of molecules, into some kind of spiritual payment. We had the burning of Shireen as an attempt to buy a better world by killing an innocent. Would Martin give Jon the Jesus treatment as well?

No, I think Martin has too much respect for the real severity and of death as philosophical concept to make it something you can easily deal with in literature. Been dead? Get a grip and take  a shower! No, that's not Martin. If Jon was really dead - and not only seriously wounded, his body preserved in a coma, his soul in Ghost - then he will for sure not just go on being the nice guy Jon. Then he will be changed and indeed get much darker. A challenge for the actor btw. 

We may believe that Jon is the one to do the ultimate sacrifice, Azor Ahai, stabbing maybe Dany or Sansa, and then fight the ultimate fight, not the shiny but the dark, complex and ultimately doomed hero. Only I hope very much the story will not be as straightforward as that and everything might be quite unexpected.

I find this a premature claim seeing how we don't know the manner of his resurrection.

“Lyanna’s statue whispered. She wore a garland of pale blue roses, and her eyes wept blood.

Even from the poster you can sense that Jon will be a darker character after he will be resurrected by Mel.

Interesting...maybe we'll looking too much into this, but interesting catch nevertheless. I was thinking about weirwood/Bran and Bloodraven connection. Really smart play by Got PR team. I'm really curious about Jon post resurrection, healing or whatever is going to happen.

I find this a premature claim seeing how we don't know the manner of his resurrection.

Certainly it is. But we do not even know if Jon will have been dead as in really dead, dead like Beric or Cat were before they got resurrected.

It is more that I hope Martin won't ignore the enormity of death. Apart from that, if he does - then why kill Jon at all? For cliffhanger purposes? There must be more, having been dead must have huge consequences for characterization.

Jon's inevtitable resurection should come fast in Seaason 6 as all there were so, so many cliff-hangers last season that have to be resolved just to move the story foreward. However, If there is one story that probably will drag out, frustratingly, it is Dany and the Dothraki playing out. Unforturnately.

Word is from Los Siete Reinos that Jon's resurrection won't happen until episode 5 or 6.

Seems really late, but Tower of Joy is like in those episode, right? I'm dreading Ghost's fate, but wish Mel would die.

Also intereting bit from WOTW is that baby boy with brown eyes is needed for a filming in Belfast. They didin't specifiy if it is for Game of Thrones. If it is for Game of Thrones...it might be a certain little bastard.

Certainly it is. But we do not even know if Jon will have been dead as in really dead, dead like Beric or Cat were before they got resurrected.

It is more that I hope Martin won't ignore the enormity of death. Apart from that, if he does - then why kill Jon at all? For cliffhanger purposes? There must be more, having been dead must have huge consequences for characterization.

Beric wasn't that bad though. We only saw him after he been resurrected multiple times and even then he only had something like bad memories. According to the rules we've seen so far in the books, Jon shouldn't be all that that different.

Jon's inevtitable resurection should come fast in Seaason 6 as all there were so, so many cliff-hangers last season that have to be resolved just to move the story foreward. However, If there is one story that probably will drag out, frustratingly, it is Dany and the Dothraki playing out. Unforturnately.

Yes Dany will be captive at least until episode 3 or 4 when there will be a big fire or some sort.

Word is from Los Siete Reinos that Jon's resurrection won't happen until episode 5 or 6.

That is very late but does tie in to when the Tower of Joy scene is meant to be shown.  I always thought Jon would be back up quickly otherwise what is going on at the wall for the first half of next season?

I've checked L7R and they confirm the tower of joy is episode six but are speculating that Jon is resurrected mid-season. They also say Carice has very limited filming time this season and that both she and ghost are heavily involved in his resurrection - I am assuming it's some sort of sacrifice of Jon does indeed Warg into Ghost and Mel catches on to this.

Why?

Jon is a Stark. The Wolves are a part of them.

Arya is lost without Nymeria...Sansa is meek without Lady.

Besides...I still remember Martin thought of titling his last book " A time for Wolves" so I'm thinking they wont be sacrificed. Hope not. Mel can go though.

Besides, Jon's God is that of the North. Not this red witches god. Look what the red god did to Cat. Made her something she never was.

Maybe they will show his dead body in the trailers or even what would appear to be funeral. HBO said it's a sort of a memorial tribute or image for the charater so they're still going with the "Jon Snow is dead". I think they Kit will stay away from any GOT event and they will use minimum of Jon in the new trailers.

:agree: 

Allot of Jon's story doesn't necessarily need him to be in the trailer. They can show the other characters involved in the 'Battle of the Bastards' (Rickon and Northern Lords and how they want to overthrow the Boltons). Also, they can show the aftermath of his death with reactions (hoping for some angry wildlings) and Thorne's next move. 

It will be interesting if we see him on a funeral pyre. If so, then we know he doesn't burn so his resurrection most likely involves fire. 

This fits in nicely with the ToJ scene being shot for episode 6. The R+L=J reveal and Jon's resurrection being together would be powerful. However, from the spoilers Jon has allot to do in season 6 so leaving his resurrection that late makes it seem very rushed. Also, would that not stall the NW/Davos/Melisandre storyline for several episodes and leave Jon's body vulnerable to rot? 

Ghost will not be sacrificed, that would mean the doom for Jon and a complete break-up from his Stark heritage.

I think that is the point. 

Ghost is symbolic for Jon belonging to House Stark, being the odd one out in the litter and his faith in the Old Gods. Ghost is also referred to as 'The quite wolf' like Jon Snow's father, Ned. In short, Ghost is symbolic for Jon Snow and his identity. 

If Jon is resurrected as The Red God's champion and discovers Rhaegar Targaryen is his real father, then losing Ghost would be very symbolic of his loss of identity as Jon Snow. 

Jon Snow was the boy and he had to die. Ghost belongs to Jon Snow....

However, Ghost is my favourite Direwolf so I don't want this to happen but I can see why it would. 

Jon is a Stark. The Wolves are a part of them.

Arya is lost without Nymeria...Sansa is meek without Lady.

Besides...I still remember Martin thought of titling his last book " A time for Wolves" so I'm thinking they wont be sacrificed. Hope not. Mel can go though.

Sansa's personality did not noticeably change without Lady.  As to the last, the "wolves" are the Starks themselves, I would imagine.

Archived