Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

That movie... :crying:

I was thinking of The Yearling, but Old Yeller was a tear jerker, too. Little boys and their pets. Ghost will be Little Sam's now, Jon doesn't need him.

Only way to watch Old Yeller is like Phoebe's mum did, stopping before the end so she'd think it has a happy ending! :lol:

Jesus Christ in Heaven and the Sweet Virgin Mary, I'm waiting for the Puppygate For Dummies to be published because I'm not getting myself into that... It's like an ordinary tumblr rant made by an relatively educated college girl but written by a smart guy that doesn't know where to stop... stooop!!! <O>

I really could use a Puppygate for Dummies as well.  Once you get past the specifics, it is in many ways.....like any other internet fight, just more words, LOL  

I just can't get past the really gleeful tone of some fanboys' postings about "book snobs." It's like they take a perverse pleasure in watching the showrunners destroy Martin's narrative, characterizations, plotlines, style... Their argument always falls into this: "If you don't like it, quit watching it." But then one of their number will come into the RnR threads and drop their turds. 

We do not use word cat here.

:lol:

they even fired Ser Pounce!

Touche!!  

He was replaced by Nekkid Marg. Only one bedwarmer needed. 

Nattie D complained about one too many things, I guess.   The year of Ser Pounce's appearance was the year that she complained about not wanting to do anything with the Young Tommen actor, while also bitching about the cat feline.  So, D&D were like:  Ok, she must be JUST LIKE US, no cats felines for her, and now she'll be ready to be the teenage boy's more than wet dream.  One risky scene with a cat feline was all it took.  Last time I bet that Natalie negatively comments about two things at once, showwise.   :P

And........my laptop is driving me crazy, don't feel like using the big computer....I'm off for now.  I'll pop back later.  ~Waves bye for now~

And Tommen and the kittens is adorable, it's sweet. We can't have that, right? 

I did manage to re-watch up to ep 5, and I was again impressed at how poorly Tommen's age retcon works. The fact that he's so much older makes his actions seem completely idiotic.

AngryGoTFan is on a roll, some good ones:

#DAILYREMINDERS IF YOU SAY YOURE A FEMINIST AND LIKE HBO'S #GAMEOFTHRONES YOU ARENT A FEMINIST #NOONEUNDERSTAAANDS

#DAILYREMINDERS BRIENNE NEVER BEAT THE HOUND #NOONEUNDERSTAAANDS #GAMEOFTHRONES

#DAILYREMINDERS UNLIKE ON HBO DORNE ALLOWS FEMALES TO RULE #NOONEUNDERSTAAANDS #GAMEOFTHRONES

#DAILYREMINDERS TYRION IS A HORRIBLE PERSON NOT A SAINT #NOONEUNDERSTAAANDS

#DAILYREMINDERS JAIME IS SO NOT A RAPER!!!!!!!!!!!! #NOONEUNDERSTAAANDS #GAMEOFTHRONES

https://twitter.com/AngryGoTFan

I saw a gif set of "Tyrion being sensitive to women" and couldn't decide, barf or laugh. Baugh.

Tyrion definitely tries. He tries to see himself as a person who loves "bastards, cripples and broken things" and he also tries to help them. But not because it's the right thing to do but because it gives him a sense of power, control and even, retribution. Also, ego.

Jaime is the one who loves bastards cripples and broken things.

I've seen a local known activist for LGTB and women rights using a Tyrion avatar... I wanted to die.

Well, Show!Tyrion *IS* good to women (well other than that unpleasantness involving the gold chains and a certain camp follower). Show!Tyrion doesn't rape (well, other than that unpleasantness involving his first wife, but he did go last and paid in gold, and it was quickly forgotten by all involved). Show!Tyrion graciously fell onto the chaise longe and let Sansa take the bed, clothed, on her wedding night, rather than pawing her. Show!Tyrioni doesn't dream of hatefucking his sister. Show!Tyrion is THE GIFT.

Archived