Which character is the saddest?

Lili Targaryen

Hi! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. What characters do you personally think is the most upsetting or tragic, and has the saddest moments?

For me it would have to be Arya or Tyrion. They are the only characters, whose inner monologue has made me cry. I don't know why I find Arya so tragic, but moments like:

"She could feel the hole inside her every morning when she woke. It was a hollow place, an emptiness where her heart had been."
or "She dreamed of wolves most every night. (...) They would never leave her."
She just breaks my heart :(
And all the moments where Tyrion thinks about his childhood. Like where he dreamed about having a dragon of his own, and then found out they were all dead so he cried himself to sleep.

But what do you think? Sorry about my english :P

Both Arya and Tyrion are often slandered as near sociopath. An opinion i disagree with. Ok they kill, enjoy it, but they are not sadist. And both have a very troubled background. Arya is badass but she does have a moral compass that would likely prevent her to become a monster like... dunno... Cersei ?

Both Arya and Tyrion are often slandered as near sociopath. An opinion i disagree with. Ok they kill, enjoy it, but they are not sadist. And both have a very troubled background. Arya is badass but she does have a moral compass that would likely prevent her to become a monster like... dunno... Cersei ?

Totally agree with you! They are morally grey characters, but you can see how they got that way. I just can't help it, I love them! I find both fascinating and also very tragic in my opinion :)

Saddest:

Jeyne Poole. From silly preteen ogling cute knights to witnessing the slaughter of the Stark household, to sex worker, to torture toy...  :frown5:

Now she lost a nose to frostbite and if the foreshadowing can be believed her life will end in assisted suicide in the House of Black and White.  :frown5:

Jeyne Poole. From silly preteen ogling cute knights to witnessing the slaughter of the Stark household, to sex worker, to torture toy...  :frown5:

Now she lost a nose to frostbite and if the foreshadowing can be believed her life will end in assisted suicide in the House of Black and White.  :frown5:

Yep, Jeyne and Theon are easily at the top of my list as well. They both have lost everything :(

Saddest:

Yes, Jeyne Poole.  Her family were just servants to the Starks.  They were not playing the game and simply followed the Starks to King's Landing.  Jeyne is an innocent. 

He murdered two children just a so he wouldn't appear as incompetent as he is. And had then skinned, and I am not sure which one came first.

Yep and how many children died cuz of Ned, Robert, Robb, Stannis... rightfull crusades to ride the kingdom of evil ? When ISIS burn a village to the ground, enslave and kill people its wrong. When a drone pilot in utah burns a school or hospital to ashes its democracy. Who's right ?

He murdered two children just a so he wouldn't appear as incompetent as he is. And had then skinned, and I am not sure which one came first.

Yep and how many children died cuz of Ned, Robert, Robb, Stannis... rightfull crusades to ride the kingdom of evil ? When ISIS burn a village to the ground, enslave and kill people its wrong. When a drone pilot in utah burns a school or hospital to ashes its democracy. Who's right ?

Archived