Bubonicon update (no show spoilers/discussion)

JonCon's Red Beard

again, WARNING: no show spoilers or discussion. We get it, the show sucks/it's great.

Previous topic was locked because the show was brought. So, let's bring the info that is relevant to the books:

AngryGoTFan has deleted the twitts, but he has posted them on his site in a PDF. I'll quote those who are relevant to books and book fandom, and those are the ones we better discuss. Those relevant to the show, I'll post them later in the R&R threads.

NOT EVERY DETAIL IS A CLUE MOST OF YOUR THEORIES ARE ERRONEOUS THEY ARE JUST WORDS

I AM WRITING BOTH LAST BOOKS RIGHT NOW

THERE IS NO SYSTEM TO THE MAGIC IN WESTEROS

THERE ARE DINOSAURS IN THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE IN THE OUTER LANDS

(official Blue appreciation thread here)

I KNOW WHO IS GOING TO BE ON THE IRON THRONE AT THE END

THERE IS ENOUGH CUT WRITTEN MATERIAL FOR AN ENTIRE OTHER BOOK

Again, no show discussion.

ETA: I've opened a thread in the show section for discussion of the books future with regard of Martin's recent words here

Edit: added spoiler tags, fixed URL

Edit2: removed show content about surviving characters.

NOT EVERY DETAIL IS A CLUE MOST OF YOUR THEORIES ARE ERRONEOUS THEY ARE JUST WORDS

Pshht, you can't tell them that.

I AM WRITING BOTH LAST BOOKS RIGHT NOW

I'd rather have you finishing one of them.

CHARACTERS THAT ARE DEAD ALREADY ON THE SHOW WILL BE ALIVE THROUGH THE END OF THE BOOKS

By which he means random peasant #455, since they're all gonna die. It is known. Or does he mean a lemoncake?

THERE IS NO SYSTEM TO THE MAGIC IN WESTEROS

Way to fuck up about 99% of the theories involving magic. I like it.

THERE ARE DINOSAURS IN THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE IN THE OUTER LANDS

(official Blue appreciation thread [url=http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/134495-there-is-a-velociraptor-in-braavos/]here[/url)

Doesn't necessarily mean the one in Braavos is a velociraptor. Sorry. (I'd say it's just a Komodo dragon)

I KNOW WHO IS GOING TO BE ON THE IRON THRONE AT THE END

Yeah, me too. No one. (Or a lemoncake)

THERE IS ENOUGH CUT WRITTEN MATERIAL FOR AN ENTIRE OTHER BOOK

We surely wouldn't mind another book. Luckily, I expect to live for a few more decades, so I might even be able read it.

My favourite of these revelation is the one about most theories being nonsense band about not every detail being a hint/foreshadowing.

The dinosaurs are my second favourite.

The "some characters that are dead on the show will live in the books" annoys me to the extend that the fans of a certain character will now insist that they will sit the IT until (at the very leas) WoW is released.

I am glad he is writing both of the last books at the same time, this might point towards them being released in close(r) succession (I can dream, can't I)? 

Stannis will survive to the end! Right? Martin cannot kill the "truly righteous man", right?

Not every detail is a clue - This should put an end to those who believe that every other sentence is 'foreshadowing'. But it won't.

No system to magic in Westeros - Martin has spoken about this before. Not such a huge fan of this. I like a good magic system.

Braavosiraptor aka Blue confirmed!

He (AGF) was livetweeting his presentation, so I'd say they are 80% accurate to what he actually said.

So exactly what event is that? would you please be so kind to send my by pm the link to the topic on show related stuff later on? I wouldn't like to miss it out :) thank you

So exactly what event is that? would you please be so kind to send my by pm the link to the topic on show related stuff later on? I wouldn't like to miss it out :) thank you

The event is this: https://bubonicon.com/

I'm posting the show tweets here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/134547-rant-rave-without-repercussion-s-5-continued-book-spoilers/page-34#entry7312686(give me five minutes, I'm lunching :P )

ETA: Done, they're there

Yes not 'every' sentence is foreshadowing, but how many hints are there in Jon's chapter to RLJ? 100's right? And that's one of the main 'for sure' things we have to go by.

And ya know what, it's all GRRM's fault anyway.  When Varys came on in the epilogue to DwD and said that Aegon is still alive, that there was a baby switch.......that is the exact cause of aaaaallllllllllllll these theories.  No one is who they say they are and everyone is lying.  He has to live in the bed he made for himself, and his bed is full of lies, mummer's and mistaken identities, we are all just trying to keep up or to catch the next big thing before it happens.  I think some of us just take it a teensy bit too far, but he cannot fault us for it, he made us this way.

Yeah, I agree.

The whole "but he maybe meant no one" I don't buy it. He looks like a man who, despite his cryptic evasions, means what he says.

It likely doesn't mean no one, that's true, but it's possible what the IT controls won't consist of all 7 kingdoms/9 regions at the end of the day.

So... no JonxJon, then? :(

but but but... Jon's beard is like fire, and Ygritte's hair was kissed by fire... how that cannot be foreshadowing of their great love! ;___;

^^ yes exactly, the simple use of the same color in 2 different sentences is not enough to base a theory on.

The event is this: https://bubonicon.com/

I'm posting the show tweets here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/134547-rant-rave-without-repercussion-s-5-continued-book-spoilers/page-34#entry7312686(give me five minutes, I'm lunching :P )

ETA: Done, they're there

Thank you very much, I really appreciated this act of kindness :)

[spoiler] I've always tipped Shireen to sit the Iron Throne when the books end so this is quite encouraging. I can't think of any other dead show characters who are likely to make it to the end of the books (Stannis, Barristan and Jojen have always seemed destined for early deaths). [/spoiler]

Oh yeah I forgot - show spoilers

Archived