Characters you like (but know you shouldn't)

TimJames

I love everyone in Dunk&Egg stories, even Aerion, even smelly Bennis, they all are my precious babies 

Victarion is fun to read in a dark-comedy kind of way. 

I like Shavepate and Brown Ben

I don't find Cersei as dumb nor as evil as most readers seem to find her. 

She is a poor victimized kid and a badass hero plus hilarious and she deserves eternal love by everyone.

But of course people can be wrong and have shitty taste, I don't mean to fine them or anything.

Uhmmm so according to you people who doesn't like Arya the way you do has a 'shitty taste'.... 

datlogic tho....

I love everyone in Dunk&Egg stories, even Aerion, even smelly Bennis, they all are my precious babies 

Victarion is fun to read in a dark-comedy kind of way. 

I like Shavepate and Brown Ben

I don't find Cersei as dumb nor as evil as most readers seem to find her. 

I agree, characters in Dunk & Egg are great! Maybe because it isn't quite as dark, there is even more room for appealing human characters with their own little stories. Firebolt jr., Daeron, Osgrey, are some of my favorites. And Bloodraven of course, I have a soft spot for sneaky, capable, underhanded. 

The Varamyr Sixskins prologue in ADWD I found awesome and was character I liked straight away, shame that the prologue is all there really is about him. Euron is another character I instantly took a shine to and I also feel myself routing for Varys. But the one character I have a soft spot for I have no idea why is Ramsey Bolton, I don't know what it is but I sorta like him. 

Anyone else out there whose got a soft spot for Ramsey tell me what the hell is it? Haha. 

she is victimized kid and a badass Cold Blooded Assassin* or its going to be at least, dont try to whitewash Arya please, its obvious she is headed to a dark path, as much as i love her..

you're right. a lot of people do whitewash that little psychopath.

I love Arya of course, is she applicable to this discussion? 

Exactly.

you're right. a lot of people do whitewash that little psychopath

It's just good that your opinion is so sane and unbiased! You go leading by example.

Jon Connington is another one I feel not only justified but downright supposed to root for. Why wouldn't you? Must have missed something.

And I might not really love Dany, but it does seem to be the author's intent to make us love her and would absolutely increase enjoyment of the book. Personally I was often rather dissapointed to see her name on top of a new page. I don't wish her ill in any case.

Euron. I know I should hate him, but when he says things like "when men see my sails they pray" it's hard not to like him.

For me, it's definitely Jaime.  The realization that he hasn't been a "true knight" as a result of certain influences, and seeking to reclaim his honor is a big deal for me.

I agree with this. But I wouldn't say Jaime is a character I shouldn't like. Or feel guilty for liking.
The same goes for Arya.

Victarion Greyjoy? I mean what other character embodies the Viking/pirate persona as well as Victarion does? He's just nuts, and I love him for it, and part of me believes Dany will fall for the guy, he's like Khal Drogo only he's learned how to sail and love the sea - quite ironic that don't you think? - Hes just awesome, a complete renegade who literally does what he wants...was so surprised to read Stannis 'smashed' him during the war...I mean how...

How come nobody mentions Joffrey the Psycho, first of this name?? No, don't look at me, neither will I. But if people can like Quiburn or Gregor Clegane, or Littlefinger and Theon, or Ramsey Bolton?!?!?!?!...why not poor Joff?

How come nobody mentions Joffrey the Psycho, first of this name?? No, don't look at me, neither will I. But if people can like Quiburn or Gregor Clegane, or Littlefinger and Theon, or Ramsey Bolton?!?!?!?!...why not poor Joff?

I know what you mean. I absolutely hated Joff like most people, but when I look back, it's not as if he was the worst person in the whole aSoIaF universe, and personally, I wish he had been around for longer (although I did love his death scene). 

oh, forgot Lysa and Selyse. Although I think at least Lysa is intended to be seen as sympathetic, but no excuses for her raping young Petyr, but I feel like many of her later actions are actually caused by her mental illness. As in, she really can't control her temper or see the real situation.

The only evil thing Selyse did in the books was wanting to burn Edric Storm. Yet people mock her constantly and paint as one of the worst. But I'm always sorry for characters like her.

And I like Sybel Spicer too.

Archived