euron has been casted

ToTheWolves

So, despite the text pointing out that Euron looks significantly younger than he is and despite multiple people pointing that out we're still worried the actor is too young?  Seems about right.  :thumbsup:

Have you even read the books? Euron was banished from the Iron Islands around the year of 297, and he looks exactly the same as he did when he left (which is not especially remarkable). But D&D could of course change the story, so that Balon and Euron are half brothers or that Euron has been away from the Iron Islands for 20 years or so. But there is absolutely no chance that a 33 year old Euron and a 70 year old Balon could pass as brothers if they follow the books storyline.

Have you even read the books? Euron was banished from the Iron Islands around the year of 297, and he looks exactly the same as he did when he left (which is not especially remarkable). But D&D could of course change the story, so that Balon and Euron are half brothers or that Euron has been away from the Iron Islands for 20 years or so. But there is absolutely no chance that a 33 year old Euron and a 70 year old Balon could pass as brothers if they follow the books storyline.

Where is it stated Balon is 70? You're basing this solely off the ages of the actors. Theon could have said his father was 55 and no one would have batted an eye. A couple hours in a makeup trailer and suddenly the 33 year old actor could look 40+ with no problem. Couple that with Euron using some kind of sorcery and not aging in the last few years and I fail to see a problem.

Where is it stated Balon is 70? You're basing this solely off the ages of the actors. Theon could have said his father was 55 and no one would have batted an eye. A couple hours in a makeup trailer and suddenly the 33 year old actor could look 40+ with no problem. Couple that with Euron using some kind of sorcery and not aging in the last few years and I fail to see a problem.

Balon could maybe pass as 60, but if the purpose was to have the brothers reasonably close in age should they have hired an older actor instead of using makeup if that's the plan.

Man you guys whine a lot. Give this guy a chance. Hell, I'm just happy that he's being introduced.

Remember all the people who thought the Greyjoys were gone from the show, totally forever, because Hibberd said they would not be in season 5?

Balon could maybe pass as 60, but if the purpose was to have the brothers reasonably close in age should they have hired an older actor instead of using makeup if that's the plan.

I think the intent is to get the best possible actor. If it suits the show then actors can be aged up (Starks, Jon Snow), the same way we're seeing here that Euron looks to be aged down. It further seperates him from the older looking Greyjoys as it should, being that he is evil and possibly the main antagonist from this point on in the story. 

Been hearing theories that this guys character may not actually be Euron Greyjoy as we know him but the long last brother of Theon and Asha...excuse me, Yara.

I could believe it, especially since this dude barely looks older than Alfie Allen, though yeah the resemblance is striking.

And I'm guessing Ian McShane is Randyll Tarly then?

Been hearing theories that this guys character may not actually be Euron Greyjoy as we know him but the long last brother of Theon and Asha...excuse me, Yara.

I could believe it, especially since this dude barely looks older than Alfie Allen, though yeah the resemblance is striking.

Man I hope not, there is absolutely no reason to change the character like that.

But I do agree that he does look very similar to Allen, and is supposed to be a pretty solid actor so that is good.

And I'm guessing Ian McShane is Randyll Tarly then?

Ian McShane is probably either Archmaester Marwn or Septon Meribald, I'm 99% sure he is not Randyl Tarly.  Fans are over reacting when it comes to age.  The actor who plays Balon may be 70 but he looks 50.  Once Pilou gets in make up and stuff, he'll look older.  The casting for the show has been pretty damn good, so I trust the casting decisions. 

I'm not worried about the age difference - people looked older in the days before modern medicine and nutrition, a person 50 in such times could well look like a person 70 does nowadays.

I doubt very much that Balon was applying SPF 50 every time he got on a ship, so yeah he may have a few more wrinkles than someone of a similar age today.  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived