euron has been casted

ToTheWolves

To Kyrion (because I can't quote for some reason): Euron is absolutely nowhere near 28 in the books. Victarion thinks that Euron looks the same as he did when he left 3 years ago, but that doesn't say much. The description of Balon suggests that he's at least in his mid 50's (and Euron is the second oldest of the brothers) and the actor who portrays him in Game of Thrones is 70 so there's no chance that Balon and Euron are brothers.

I will withhold judgment until I see him on screen. Everyone was mad when they casted Pedro Pascal as Oberyn he turned out to be a fan favorite.

I wasn't upset about Pedro Pascal's casting I thought he was hot and just the right age. Also I never imagined the Dornish as black which was really where half of the "fallout" came from.

Pilou? Not hot. Not hot at all. He also looks too squat. Euron is tall and lean and hot. What is it with this show and its refusal to offer some male eye candy?

I wasn't upset about Pedro Pascal's casting I thought he was hot and just the right age. Also I never imagined the Dornish as black which was really where half of the "fallout" came from.

Pilou? Not hot. Not hot at all. He also looks too squat. Euron is tall and lean and hot. What is it with this show and its refusal to offer some male eye candy?

People thought the Dornish were black? 

That's dumb.

Honestly, the show hasn't had much care in what the characters look like in the book versus the actors they hire. For reference: Sean Bean is dark blonde and Ned Stark had brown hair. Theon had dark hair and was a redhead in the show. 

I am putting my hopes on better dialogue and plot. *fingers crossed*

Yeah, but it's physically impossible for someone the age of the actor playing Balon and the actor playing Euron to be brothers.

Yeah, but it's physically impossible for someone the age of the actor playing Balon and the actor playing Euron to be brothers.

Not really. Even in the books they did not have the same mother IIRC.

Edit: ok in the books they did but that is not important. I guess in the show they did not. Euron is from a younger mama than Balon's.

I don't think she looks young at all.

In show persona and costume, not really, but in real life interviews Gemma has a permanently cute face, which makes her seem young.

People thought the Dornish were black? 

That's dumb.

Some very, very loud tumbler users did and screamed it all throughout the interwebs. And when GRRM told them they were Mediterranean (a phenotype usually used to describe people from Spain, Italy, the South of France and Greece) they either replied 1) that Africa borders the Miditeranean Sea too or 2) that it doesn't matter what the author imagines his/her characters to look like. 

There was a bit of a shit storm, then there were the people who thought Pedro didn't look Hispanic enough and then he silenced them all with his splendid performance.

Archived