Characters you dont trust

Rickyhunt

Nearly every major non-POV character..

:agree:

You still trust anyone in this series? It might be easier if we list the few characters we still trust, I trust Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, Osha, Hodor, Jaime, Daernys, Greyworm, Missandei, Tyrion, Ser Barristan, and a few minor characters.

I wouldn't trust Rickon (he's likely to be a dangerous young boy when he comes back). I wouldn't trust Arya, she's starting to be real cold, ya know? I wouldn't trust Daenerys, the "fire and blood" part of her character makes her unpredictable. I would definitely not trust Tyrion, the man's a shadow of what he used to be, and is obviously a selfish alcoholic cynical bastard* by now. I'd be careful with Sansa, I'm pretty sure she'll eventually be someone to be wary of (though it seems to take ages). I wouldn't offend Osha, she can kill when she thinks she needs to.

I would trust Sam, Brienne and Jon (if he stays himself). Bran also if he isn't twisted by BR. Oh, and Davos too. The Reeds are decent too (but at least one of them dies soon).

*yes, he may be.

I don't trust Melisandre because she is hiding behind a glamour and pretending to be something other than what she appears to be. She is also a religious fanatic who puts her trust in a god whose intentions are an antithesis to the well-being of the living. I also believe that said god is deceiving Melisandre. She is number one on my list.

Littlefinger I don't trust at all. He's a master manipulator, political puppeteer and a cunning sociopath. Walder is another one I don't trust because he is vindictive, stubborn and implacable. He will do anything to see his house survive, no matter how abominable.

Daario Naharis I'm suspicious of. Another character I'm skeptical of is Varys, though I do think he holds stability, structure, unity and peace in high regard. But it doesn't change the fact that he is a master manipulator and he will never be able to be fully trusted.

Ramsay Bolton is a morbid sadist who just needs to die.

The High Sparrow.

A popular religious leader, who offers absolution, and is gathering a personal army, is not to be trusted. Nobody builds an army without intending to use it. Religous fanatics who believe in their own redemption through following the word and whim of their leader make for dangerous armies.

At the very least his motives and intentions are not those that he states.

He is already using it, though.

The sparrows are patrolling the Riverlands, protecting the faithful from broken men.

And I'd say that unlike every other player in the game, his motives and intentions are exactly what he says they are, it's the whole point of the character, and it's what makes him so powerful and scary.

Archived