The North Storyline in S6

Oriolesmagic

Re-castings don't bother me much. I mean, I do think it's problematic for show-only viewers at times. I often watch with my dad and he has been confused at times (particularly the Daario change).

But talking of Bloodraven, it's great that they have recast and got in Max Von Sydow, yet I cannot help but recall how utterly underwhelming Bloodraven was in S4. I mean, I understand that they couldn't have hired a Max Von Sydow for that one scene only to be absent from S5, but that doesn't excuse how crappy that scene was. The lighting was crap, the set was notably unimaginative and dreary, he had both his eyes yet still used the words "a thousand eyes and one". This was a sequence that needed the grandiose vision of a Guillermo del Toro. It just had no imagination.

1 minute ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Re-castings don't bother me much. I mean, I do think it's problematic for show-only viewers at times. I often watch with my dad and he has been confused at times (particularly the Daario change).

But talking of Bloodraven, it's great that they have recast and got in Max Von Sydow, yet I cannot help but recall how utterly underwhelming Bloodraven was in S4. I mean, I understand that they couldn't have hired a Max Von Sydow for that one scene only to be absent from S5, but that doesn't excuse how crappy that scene was. The lighting was crap, the set was notably unimaginative and dreary, he had both his eyes yet still used the words "a thousand eyes and one". This was a sequence that needed the grandiose vision of a Guillermo del Toro. It just had no imagination.

It was weaker than I expected and hoped for, I will admit that, I wasn't a big fan of treegirl either. It wasn't terrible or anything, just a little underwhelming considering I'd been looking forward to it for a while. Hopefully next season will see an improvement, much like Gollum from Fellowship of the Ring looks a lot better in Two Towers.

You know what dawned on me:

Spoiler

According to spoilers the Umbers might sell out Rickon to save themselves from the Boltons rath. This makes them turning down Stannis even dumber! If the Boltons scare ou that much then why not join Stannis and give him Rickon so the North can rally behind him!

This is the problem with changing major plot points from the books but still trying to keep the plot

2 hours ago, Khione said:

So, let's see then, back to the North storyline.

It looks like Theon is going to row back to the Iron Islands from Winterfell.

It looks like Brienne is going to leave the North and go to the Riverlands, where she will for unknown reasons be kidnapped by the new BWB, which as far as we know has no Thoros or any of the original group and have turned criminal.

Jon and Ramsay and Sansa and Littlefinger will engage in a battle that will result in the deaths of Ramsay, Roose, Osha, Rickon and Ghost.  That's after he is resurrected by that woman from Essos.

Sounds fantastic.

What theories is anyone discussing?  I posted a list of theories related to the North and everyone continued to post about how Mel's color changing wasn't happening. LOL, but that her outfits were really different colors.  Hilarious.

18 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

What theories is anyone discussing?  I posted a list of theories related to the North and everyone continued to post about how Mel's color changing wasn't happening. LOL, but that her outfits were really different colors.  Hilarious.

I have a theory

Spoiler

I think Sansa "because she is empowered now" will somehow comeup with the idea to trick the Boltons into marching onto an Ice Lake.

2 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I have a theory

Hide contents

I think Sansa "because she is empowered now" will somehow comeup with the idea to trick the Boltons into marching onto an Ice Lake.

Spoiler

Is that what Theon's doing in the pictures? Weakening the ice?

9 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I have a theory

Hide contents

Nah, Empowered Sansa won't be that empowered, maybe she will  give a the North Remembers speech, beyond that, it's going to be badass zombie Jon Snow against badass Ramsay Bolton, if we're really lucky Ramsay will fight again shirtless in pajama bottoms, but based on the leaked photos, it doesn't look like it.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Nah, Empowered Sansa won't be that empowered, maybe she will  give a the North Remembers speech, beyond that, it's going to be badass zombie Jon Snow against badass Ramsay Bolton, if we're really lucky Ramsay will fight again shirtless in pajama bottoms, but based on the leaked photos, it doesn't look like it.

I don't know man she should be pretty empowered seeing as according to her she got empowered every night. Plus, best of all we know that it will happen just like that in the books just like Jon rallying the North to get rid of the Boltons is guaranteed to happen just like that. (An pointing out the geographical and story telling problems with that statement makes you a book snob)

[MOD]

It seems this thread has run out of things to discuss about the storyline in the North in s 6, given the numbr of pointless posts debating the colour of someone's dress.

As the topic has apparently played out, it is now closed.

[/MOD]

Archived