The North Storyline in S6

Oriolesmagic

I could see Sansa and Theon escaping Winterfell with some party searching for them. Brienne and Podrick meanwhile carry Stannis, who is amputated in one leg. Yes,Stannis is alive,and let me explain why.

Remember, Sansa does not trust Brienne and already rejected her at that tavern with Littlefinger. She did not believe the story of Renly being assassinated by Stannis' shadow and does not trust Who better to confirm Brienne's claims than the Mannis himself? Brienne cut his leg off, because he would die otherwise and he won't be able to escape from her. There was too much emphasis on that leg, Stannis reminding Brienne of duty and off-screen execution.

Brienne and Pod will kill off pursuing Bolton party and save Sansa. She will also make Stannis confirm Brienne's story,earning Sansa's trust this time. They will go probably to Last Hearth to get Umber support.

The next season will be the downfall of House Bolton. In order for that to happen, Sansa will need to rally northern lords to her cause. She will probably find Rickon because he is with Umbers and Smalljon was cast.

She will send Theon to Iron Islands,because they will hear of Balon's death,and since Theon is changed man and wants to redeem himself,he will definitely help her and Starks if he commanded ironborn. However,his storyline gets complicated with Euron arriving at Kingsmoot.

She will also need Stannis as the commander of her troops. This time, in round 2 against Boltons, "flayed men banners will burn". Stannis will kick Roose and Ramsay's ass very bad.

All in all,this will be a badass season for Sansa,because she will kick Boltons out of Winterfell and end them.

After retaking Winterfell, I can see Sansa allying with Littlefinger and Vale armies to back Stannis for the Iron Throne, and take Cersei out of King's Landing. But that storyline will go to season 7. It will be poetic since in Robert's Rebellion we had Stark,Arryn and Baratheon allying to take down the crown. The same will be here.

Davos will be involved in wildlings and Night's Watch struggle I expect or even with Melisandre's attempts to resurect Jon. I doubt that when he hears what Stannis has done to Shireen he will have any desire to come back to the Mannis after he is revealed to be alive.

Mmm I could like that.

I could see Sansa and Theon escaping Winterfell with some party searching for them. Brienne and Podrick meanwhile carry Stannis, who is amputated in one leg. Yes,Stannis is alive,and let me explain why.

Remember, Sansa does not trust Brienne and already rejected her at that tavern with Littlefinger. She did not believe the story of Renly being assassinated by Stannis' shadow and does not trust Who better to confirm Brienne's claims than the Mannis himself? Brienne cut his leg off, because he would die otherwise and he won't be able to escape from her. There was too much emphasis on that leg, Stannis reminding Brienne of duty and off-screen execution.

Brienne and Pod will kill off pursuing Bolton party and save Sansa. She will also make Stannis confirm Brienne's story,earning Sansa's trust this time. They will go probably to Last Hearth to get Umber support.

The next season will be the downfall of House Bolton. In order for that to happen, Sansa will need to rally northern lords to her cause. She will probably find Rickon because he is with Umbers and Smalljon was cast.

She will send Theon to Iron Islands,because they will hear of Balon's death,and since Theon is changed man and wants to redeem himself,he will definitely help her and Starks if he commanded ironborn. However,his storyline gets complicated with Euron arriving at Kingsmoot.

She will also need Stannis as the commander of her troops. This time, in round 2 against Boltons, "flayed men banners will burn". Stannis will kick Roose and Ramsay's ass very bad.

All in all,this will be a badass season for Sansa,because she will kick Boltons out of Winterfell and end them.

After retaking Winterfell, I can see Sansa allying with Littlefinger and Vale armies to back Stannis for the Iron Throne, and take Cersei out of King's Landing. But that storyline will go to season 7. It will be poetic since in Robert's Rebellion we had Stark,Arryn and Baratheon allying to take down the crown. The same will be here.

Davos will be involved in wildlings and Night's Watch struggle I expect or even with Melisandre's attempts to resurect Jon. I doubt that when he hears what Stannis has done to Shireen he will have any desire to come back to the Mannis after he is revealed to be alive.

The only problem witj your theory, is that there's no way stannis survives an amputation that big, they're in the middle of the wolfwood, he could survive long enough to tell sansa the truth about renly, but Stannis has more chances of survival keeping that leg on, he has lost enough blood, an amputation would be the last nail in his coffin, and i dont think LF would be too excited about backing Stannis Claim...

The only problem witj your theory, is that there's no way stannis survives an amputation that big, they're in the middle of the wolfwood, he could survive long enough to tell sansa the truth about renly, but Stannis has more chances of survival keeping that leg on, he has lost enough blood, an amputation would be the last nail in his coffin, and i dont think LF would be too excited about backing Stannis Claim...

Brienne could take him to nearby villages next to Winterfell to get him help,so I don't see it as a big obstacle,especially if Podrick helps her to carry him.

The point is Sansa needs a capable commander after she gets a loyal northern army. Nobody from northern lords has experience in strategy and war arts like Roose,so she needs someone who is capable of defeating him. There is no one in the North currently who can do that for her than Stannis. There is a shot of Sansa briefly looking at the battle,hoping for Stannis to win it and take Winterfell before she sees it is hopeless and decides to escape where she is stopped by Myranda and Theon. It is a second time she witnesses Stannis' defeat,first at Blackwater,now at Winterfell,the third time she will help Stannis to finally get a victory.

As for Littlefinger, when he comes to North with Vale army to help Boltons with Stark loyalists like he told Roose last season,he will turn on flayed men and help Stannis finish them off. Stannis will need Littlefinger's help to take the Iron Throne, and Littlefinger flourishes in chaos,knowing the situation in King's Landing. The problem is,I expect Sansa somehow to end Baelish with his own game.

Brienne could take him to nearby villages next to Winterfell to get him help,so I don't see it as a big obstacle,especially if Podrick helps her to carry him.

The point is Sansa needs a capable commander after she gets a loyal northern army. Nobody from northern lords has experience in strategy and war arts like Roose,so she needs someone who is capable of defeating him. There is no one in the North currently who can do that for her than Stannis. There is a shot of Sansa briefly looking at the battle,hoping for Stannis to win it and take Winterfell before she sees it is hopeless and decides to escape where she is stopped by Myranda and Theon. It is a second time she witnesses Stannis' defeat,first at Blackwater,now at Winterfell,the third time she will help Stannis to finally get a victory.

As for Littlefinger, when he comes to North with Vale army to help Boltons with Stark loyalists like he told Roose last season,he will turn on flayed men and help Stannis finish them off. Stannis will need Littlefinger's help to take the Iron Throne, and Littlefinger flourishes in chaos,knowing the situation in King's Landing. The problem is,I expect Sansa somehow to end Baelish with his own game.

Remember that the wintertown is under Bolton's control, there's no safe haven near of winterfell for Stannis, the only chance he has of survival is keeping that leg attaches to him and get to CB or last heart.
Yes Stannis will male use of LF, but LF does not benefit with Stannis.. At least not while Stannis is still alive, i think LF plan was to let the Roose and Stannis wealem themselves and then attack when having the upper hand, stanni's army did nothing against Roose's, so LF will not come into the picture yet, and remember, Stannis is famous for giving with a hand and taking with the other, "a good deed doesn't erase a life of crime".. So LF is far from wanting to work with Stannis.. Especially having the only unblodied army in all westeros..
And there's the casting of the Umber lord... We dont know if D&D will make him Sansa's battle commander.. Assuming the Umbers are being cast only to bring back Rickon doesn't feel right to me

Brienne's adventures with maimed Jaime is kinda an indication to what authors have in mind for Stannis. She could take him to that old man, who appeared to be Stark loyalist... All I am saying there was an emphasis on that leg and the angle Brienne swings her sword does not look like she is about to chop a head off if you look closely.

Umbers are not going to outmaneuver Boltons with Roose as commander. They are brute force capable of smashing flayed men,but they are not better than Roose at strategy.

You have to keep in mind one thing about LF. He wants to become Warden of the North as he asked Cersei for the title. So when he comes North with Vale army, he will see a battle between Bolton and Stannis-led Stark loyalist armies, who do you think LF will choose to aid between two, considering Sansa is on Stannis side and Vale lords would want to support Ned Stark's daughter?

After Sansa retakes Winterfell and the North from Boltons, armies of the North and the Vale will unite to put Baratheon back on the Iron Throne, mirroring Robert's Rebellion.

Littlefinger will be taken out by Sansa at this point due to some machinations on her part,beating LF at his own game.

I do hope they put the blackfish back in the show, he could play a big part in Sansa's & Littlefingers upcoming conflict. Or the upcoming clash between the BWB and the Freys in the riverlands.

I do hope they put the blackfish back in the show, he could play a big part in Sansa's & Littlefingers upcoming conflict. Or the upcoming clash between the BWB and the Freys in the riverlands.

Blackfish I suspect,IF he shows up,will be in the Riverlands saga. If Jaime going there gets confirmed and we know that Walder Frey will be back this season,I don't see him going North. He was at Red Wedding and was lucky to go take a pee,so he probably escaped the massacre and will join outlaws of Brotherhood without Banners to drive away Freys and Lannisters from Riverlands like in the books.

Stannis is dead, it is more likely that Jon would be the military commander who attacks Winterfell. 

You don't have proof of that. And Jon would be out for a while with his "underworld" storyline with Bran. I suspect he would be resurrected at the end of the season, when White Walkers attack the Wall.

You don't have proof of that. And Jon would be out for a while with his "underworld" storyline with Bran. I suspect he would be resurrected at the end of the season, when White Walkers attack the Wall.

A recent post on a well known GOT fan website has info about a battle scene being filmed in Northern Ireland involving the Umbers, the Boltons, wildlings and more, which will be used for episode 9 of season 6. Kit Harington is also at the location. Whether he takes Stannis's role in the battle for Winterfell is another matter but he is almost certainly already alive and part of the battle before the end of the season.

I think both of these ideas are dead on.

I love this I hope it unfolds just as you describe. It will actually give me a reason to think Sansa is something other than stark filler when Arya and Jon are busy. Sorry Sansa-ites, I just haven't ever been able to like her, on the show or in the books.

I also think this is a perfect scenario for both of these characters. Well done, Scorpion!

I guess this is the *big* episode 9 event. lol I cant believe this got leaked. So episode 9 will be an all rumble battle for the North including a Ramsay Snow VS Jon Snow fight a la Robert vs Raegar. lol

SNOWBOWL confirmed!

It also means that Jon will be resurrected early on, probably no later than 2nd episode. It will take several episodes for revived/resurrected Jon to consolidate his power on the Wall and also to organize the forces of North against the Boltons.  It's a path I've been expecting Jon Snow to follow.

It also means that Jon will be resurrected early on, probably no later than 2nd episode. It will take several episodes for revived/resurrected Jon to consolidate his power on the Wall and also to organize the forces of North against the Boltons.  It's a path I've been expecting Jon Snow to follow.

I haven't read anything about a battle for wf, if anyone could provide a link a man would be grateful

Nevertheless, replacing stannis with Jon will fit with D&D M.O, they probably took "creative" liberties regarding the battle for WF, i find myself at ease with this, only if they use Stanni's strategy at the crofter village... Anything less than that would not make justice to the source material

I haven't read anything about a battle for wf, if anyone could provide a link a man would be grateful

Nevertheless, replacing stannis with Jon will fit with D&D M.O, they probably took "creative" liberties regarding the battle for WF, i find myself at ease with this, only if they use Stanni's strategy at the crofter village... Anything less than that would not make justice to the source material

[spoiler]http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-gets-theatrical-plus-massive-spoilers-for-season-six/[/spoiler]

My current theory:

Brienne finds Sansa and Theon as the two are escaping through the woods. At Sansa's behest, Brienne guides them to the Wall, where they are all informed of Jon's 'death'. While at the Wall, everyone plans their next move. Sansa ultimately decides to head to Last Hearth upon hearing that Rickon is being sheltered by the Umbers, with Brienne accompanying her as her bodyguard and Davos as a representative. Theon initially plans to stay with the Nights Watch and take the black, however when news reaches him that Balon has died, proceeds to head back to the Iron Islands. 

Meanwhile, Littlefinger and the Vale family lay siege to Winterfell and wipe out a large portion of the Bolton army, including Roose. Ramsay manages to escape the slaughter alongside a few hundred of his men, and they head in the direction of Last Hearth upon learning somehow that Sansa has been taken there (maybe they go to the Wall themselves and threaten one of the Nights Watchmen for information).

Mel begins to see visions of Jon's victory at an upcoming battle and eventually decides to resurrect him. Jon, now aware of his destiny, rallies the wildings to his cause and heads in the direction of Last Hearth with his new wilding army. The episode 9 battle consists of the Boltons vs the Umbers, with the Boltons nearly winning and getting close to storming the castle  until Jon's army appears and destroys them. Jon kills Ramsay and, in the aftermath of the battle, finally reunites with Sansa and Rickon (albeit in a relatively decomposed form lol)

[spoiler]http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-gets-theatrical-plus-massive-spoilers-for-season-six/[/spoiler]

There may not be much point in dragging out the battle of ice for the entire season, especially since stannis is already defeated.

This big battle in E9 might be the onset of the battle for dawn. I mean, they have to get to the long night arc eventually.

Archived