Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

Having developed an allergy to alcohol many moons ago I tend to avoid cocktail type places as they make me sad about all the things I can't have.  But some friends from out of town were visiting and wanted cocktails so we went to Green River which is a newish cocktail place by the guys who have The Dead Rabbit in NYC.  For a person who likes history and stories, the menu of drinks alone was worth the visit as it contained both of those in addition to many lovely ingredients.  But then I was in heaven as they made me some mocktails that were so delicious I didn't care that they didn't have alcohol in them and I didn't feel left out of the drinking.

I've had my Sierra Nevada Extra IPA and my Czechvar, and now moving on to something  much closer to home: Tree Brewing Co's Molto Bella Espresso IPA. It's one of their annual limited editions, and very yummy with no preservatives and unpasteurized. 

• 3 weeks later...

We finally got around to drinking our Ale Apothecary beer (Sahalie) last night at a HF bottleshare. I thought it was great - rustic and even a little cider-ish but in a really nice way. It was a very pleasant experience, dry but with a faint sweet flavour, with just the right level of tartness. 

I had some of their beers recently (cans) quite liked them.

Currently I am enjoying a BBNo 01|16 lovely and fruity. Even though the taste does go away quite quickly.

Expensive as fuck? LOL Try drinking the same beer in London. :)

Magic Rock have the best tap room in the UK. Great staff, great beer, great food, great atmosphere. I only wish I lived closer. 

19 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Many, many thanks to Xray and Mr X for the lovely gift of my first Hill Farmstead experience. It was a beer that moves the soul

:cheers:

Glad you enjoyed it! I do love the Arthur.

On 6/6/2016 at 7:13 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Needed to recover equilibrium after drinking All The Beer in Baltimore during MDF.

GOOD LORD, I saw the sun come up over Baltimore Harbor after y'all's party.  I'm still hungover.

7 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

manhattans. cause it's friday. I heard it was a thing.

It is. We had a couple rounds of them.

And then we moved on to homebrew: first the Lemoncakes Pale Ale (a pale ale brewed with all NZ hops with "lemon" in their description), then the Jefferson Street IPA (more NZ hops, because why not?), and finally the Kill 'Em All Double IPA (the grand concept for this one was "Let's empty all the open bags of flavor and aroma hops we have on hand into one batch!"). 

It's been a pretty good night.

1 minute ago, Mr. X said:

It is. We had a couple rounds of them.

And then we moved on to homebrew: first the Lemoncakes Pale Ale (a pale ale brewed with all NZ hops with "lemon" in their description), then the Jefferson Street IPA (more NZ hops, because why not?), and finally the Kill 'Em All Double IPA (the grand concept for this one was "Let's empty all the open bags of flavor and aroma hops we have on hand into one batch!"). 

It's been a pretty good night.

Nice! Those are some tasty beers. Been debating whether to invite a friend to share that bottle y'all gave me, or just hog it all to myself. 

The odds are extremely heavy in the letters favor

We are now onto the 2013 Bourbon County Stout Backyard Rye that I begged for and MC traded for. It's a post-birthday celebration, and we're pairing it with fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies. It's so berry-tastic. *gurgle*

Archived