Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

I too enjoyed National IPA day.  I tried out Stone Delicious IPA and they have a real winner.  Stone is certainly one of my favorites and this one reminded me of Fresh Squeezed, still bitter but the citrus taste make is very easy to drink.

1 minute ago, larrytheimp said:

Drank a bunch of lil sumpins and then some dales and then a refreshing watermelon drink that supposedly had some rum I'm it

By Dale's do you mean Dale's Pale Ale?

7 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Indeed I do, my good hummingbird, twas in point of fact Dales Pale Ale

It is funny.  I think Oscar Blues is the third or forth best brewery in Longmont yet Dales seems to be everywhere.  I love supporting my Colorado beers, especially those that close to home, but can't seem to get a taste for Dale's.  Their tap room is pretty damn cool though.

got a Mutiny IPA from Foley Brothers in a beer swap a little while ago... Very nice and crisp, pretty balanced east coast IPA, not super fruity, but the most remarkable thing is the smell... straight up fresh picked basil. doesn't come across in taste, but wow. kinda weird, never really come across a beer like that.

also, unrelated, but I think I am just not a fan of crystal malt.

Crystal malt has its place -- there are some beers that simply can't exist without it. But when one goes overboard....it's really in your face. These days I definitely opt for beers without crystal in it.

Last night we drank a number of Stacks on Stacks by Other Half. Goddamn that beer was great. 

Stone IPA.

According to the can an old favourite, but these days a bit boring with lots of bitterness without the floral/herby balance I expect from a nice IPA.

In contrast the High Wire Grapefruit, by Magic Rock Brewing balances out nicely, even with the added grapefruit notes.

2 hours ago, Seli said:

Stone IPA.

According to the can an old favourite, but these days a bit boring with lots of bitterness without the floral/herby balance I expect from a nice IPA.

In contrast the High Wire Grapefruit, by Magic Rock Brewing balances out nicely, even with the added grapefruit notes.

I kind of agree with you, their Ruination IIPA is pretty great though IMO, although it's definitely more on the bitter end of spectrum than the super tropical end

7 hours ago, Seli said:

Stone IPA.

Had a couple tonight and still loving it.  Don't get me wrong, I love the citrus push that many are going to in IPAS (including Stone''s own 'Delicious IPA').  But I fell in love with a couple IPA''s with a bitter finish and Stone''s was one of them.

In fact, much as it shames my Colorado beer loyalty I think Stone may be top to bottom my favorite brewery currently.  

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

there is no beer you can lot can talk about that tastes half as good as the first beer you drink off a night shift.  

Likely true, although the first beer you have after emerging from days tromping around a tropical rainforest is right up there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2016 at 0:48 AM, BigFatCoward said:

there is no beer you can lot can talk about that tastes half as good as the first beer you drink off a night shift.  

On 8/14/2016 at 4:48 AM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Likely true, although the first beer you have after emerging from days tromping around a tropical rainforest is right up there. 

On 8/14/2016 at 7:54 AM, MercurialCannibal said:

The first beer in the morning is pretty amazing as well!

Hmm...interesting thoughts.  The first beer I had after hiking out of the aftermath of a wildfire (in the dark) that broke containment earlier in the day and, literally, burned everything around us to the ground...may just be the best beer I ever drank.  And, objectively speaking, it was a really crappy beer but it's all about context ;)

Archived