Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

Fragile Bird

On August 22, 2016 at 7:36 PM, MercurialCannibal said:

Did a bit of drinking before during and after the dc united game yesterday so I retired to the bed a bit after 8 with a near full fresh squeezed ipa on the nightstand.  I woke at 1am excited to down my beverage to discover the wife stole it!

This is the very essence of partnership, though. What if you had slept through the night? That beer would have been undrinkable! What responsible partner would take such a chance?

On 8/23/2016 at 6:27 PM, larrytheimp said:

Agree, I think the best beer I ever had was a river chilled generated cream ale on a 95 degree day in the Pemigewasset

That actually doesn't sound too bad to me.  I've heard Genesee cream ale is a decent beer but I've never had it.  I've been enjoying some of Ommegang's Three Philosophers and Founders Curmudgeon lately.

• 3 weeks later...

Working my way through an amazing beer mail package, courtesy of the wonderful MC and Kair. So far had my socks knocked off by some some kick ass DC Brau (Space reaper 2.0, accompanied by some cosmic death metal) a couple of DIPAs from The Truth brewpub. Weep with envy, peons

Haha. Will I, bollocks? We've been throughly spoiled in London (not to mention Bristol!) this summer. Cracking DIPA, pales and Belgian pales all over the place. I'm going to get a divorce so that I can marry Gaston by Burning Sky. It's enough to make you weep that Mark Tranter was cranking out all those 'safe' cask beers for Dark Star for all those years before he set up his own place.

My latest crush is Running with Sceptres, a special lager beer from my pals at Lost and Grounded. <3 Grab it if you see it. Their beers are all over the UK now.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:24 AM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Had some of John Picacio's bottle of that Balvenie at WorldCon a couple of years ago. Definitely helped take the edge off, and was quite nice to boot.

As you didn't use the quote function and my post about Caribbean cask was at the end of a page, I didn't see that until tonight.  Pretty sure you got some of it in KC, I think Bill and some other fellow who might be the John you speak of had bottles of it, but I'd have made sure you knew it was on offer had I seen.  I honestly can't remember if I got Double Wood or Caribbean cask at the gas station/liquor store I wandered to my second morning of the con, but we polished it off at the BwB party...(and I roomed with an abstaining Irishman, so we can't even rely on his expertise!)

That being said, I decided since I have vanilla ice cream, I'd try it tonight with a bit of fireball poured over.  Not recommended.  The vanilla killed the bite of the fireball and just left an alcohol taste.  What's good over vanilla ice cream?  (Already a fan of stout type floats, but other ideas?)

23 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

That being said, I decided since I have vanilla ice cream, I'd try it tonight with a bit of fireball poured over.  Not recommended.  The vanilla killed the bite of the fireball and just left an alcohol taste.  What's good over vanilla ice cream?  (Already a fan of stout type floats, but other ideas?)

bourbon-barrel maple syrup

First time drinking a gose, by Anderson Valley. Quite close to the Berliner Weisse style.

Reading up on the style it is traditionally cloudy and continued fermenting in the bottle, so slightly looking askance on the clear liquid in my glass. But that is innovation and re-invention for you I suppose.

14 hours ago, Seli said:

First time drinking a gose, by Anderson Valley. Quite close to the Berliner Weisse style.

Reading up on the style it is traditionally cloudy and continued fermenting in the bottle, so slightly looking askance on the clear liquid in my glass. But that is innovation and re-invention for you I suppose.

Which Andersen Valley gose was it?  Was it Briney Melon?

2 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Which Andersen Valley gose was it?  Was it Briney Melon?

No, it was "The Kimmie, The Yink, & The Holy Gose", which I assume is their basis for the fruity variations.

Archived