About Arya and Jon

TeamWhiteWalkerz

I meant it less in the geography sense, more in the thematic sense. 
Jon already had his love versus duty theme. Currently his arc is about many things: placating cultural frictions, the loneliness of ruling, the difficulty of ruling, duty versus family, the line between pragmatism and idealism, the draw of legitimacy and soon it will dive into warging/rebirth. Romantic feelings for his little sister do not seem present. Similarly, Arya's arc is about survival, vengeance, family, identity, loyalty and justice/empathy and is turning more and more into psychological issues going by the Mercy chapter.  
I do not really see a way these things will progress into sexy feelings for siblings. 

That's because it won't. We are too far into the series. Jon and Arya's planned "incest but not technically" love affair has morphed into other, new characters that GRRM has introduced to the series since his original plan. While GRRM's original overall plan might stay the same, there's no guarantee that the romances will also remain unchanged. In fact, there's plenty of textual evidence that they have.

But then, what do I know? I didn't foresee Harry Potter ending having the hots for his best friend's little sister, either, and it happened anyway. I admit I have a terrible track record when it comes to these things. Maybe the final scene is Jon and his sister-cousin, together on the Iron Throne. I dearly hope not, but who knows? It's George's story, not ours.

how about this?

Dany married Jon. Then she died in childbirth. 

Then Jon married Arya, and his child with Dany is the heir. 

Then Arya's marriage is politically useless right? Her children inherit nothing. Like Lyanna, she's much better married to the Lord of Storms End so there will be a half Stark Lord there for the next 50+ years, as far as her family goes. Why produce loads of spares that are a threat that could end up dead or cause a war?

But its still better than how Cat threw her away, all said.

Well, at least that's one great thing that came out of Robb marrying Jeyne Westerling - Arya's betrothal to a Frey is over and done too. Now I do hope that young Frey survives long enough to meet the 'princess' he cried over, one day ... :lol:

I'm more interested in the original manuscript GRRM had and where it would've taken his characters. I never knew that GRRM had different plans for the characters and story until now. That was the first time I ever read that article. It's kind of weird seeing which character arcs were switched and how the series' plot was altered some to fit GRRM's overall storyline.

Of course what GRRM ended up doing with his characters and plot is not uncommon at all, many authors do the same.

Then Arya's marriage is politically useless right? Her children inherit nothing. Like Lyanna, she's much better married to the Lord of Storms End so there will be a half Stark Lord there for the next 50+ years, as far as her family goes. Why produce loads of spares that are a threat that could end up dead or cause a war?

Come on, a widowed husband has right to remarry. 

And Jon and Arya can have a few more princes and princesses, they are not useless. They still can marry with other houses. 

And do not forget this child is the song of ice and fire, wolf and dragon, north and south.

it would be more important than other kids.

No it said tyrion love was one sided, she was suspoose to be in love with jon and it would lead to this tyrion vs jon love triangle

I am just wondering if tyrion is a dwarf in this draft?

And apparently this original Arya was split into Sansa and Arya. 

So current Tyrion has Sansa as his wife.

Maybe they will end up together. Lady and lord of CR.

Sansa and Arya were not split in half.

Sansa and Arya were not split in half.

Now I do feel that sansa is a newer character to share the story line of original Arya.

She lost her wolf very early, which means two daughters only had one wolf together. 

This is may be because they were originally just one character. 

It makes a lot of sense the original arya had some childish romantic feeling like Sansa then went to KL then met Tyrion there. 

Tyrion fell in love with her. But then many things happened, the "lady" of this Arya died and she left for her own FM path. 

Maybe not, it said that he burned winterfell to the ground, so maybe he wasn't orginally suspoose to be a dwarf or maybe he just commanded it i'm not sure, also pertaining to Sansa and tyrion, i think that they could possibly end up together in the very in end, but that depends if there still alive, the Grrm said the ending will be "Bittersweet" so i wonder

The draft didn't mention anything about Tyrion being a dwarf. I'm assuming that GRRM meant for Tyrion to be normal looking and not a dwarf. Especially since the original draft had him ending up married to Sansa (I'm guessing that Tyrion and Sansa were meant to be attracted to each other even though the marriage was for political reasons).

EDIT: I agree with CerseiFanboy. But his post brought up another thought. Was Tyrion's original character split into Tyrion and Theon? Theon burns Winterfell we all know, but Theon also has issues with his father, ones that are very similiar to current Tyrion's father issues.

Also, Theon's father dies (from assassination or falling) in aSoS leading me to think that draft/original Theon was meant to murder his father BUT the split/current Tyrion took that place (resulting in Tyrion killing Tywin on the shitter). Theon does have a thing for whores just like Tyrion does. This now leads me to believe Tyrion was split.

The draft didn't mention anything about Tyrion being a dwarf. I'm assuming that GRRM meant for Tyrion to be normal looking and not a dwarf. Especially since the original draft had him ending up married to Sansa (I'm guessing that Tyrion and Sansa were meant to be attracted to each other even though the marriage was for political reasons).

In the original draft Sansa married Joffrey

Could anybody please give me a short summary of his original draft?

I had a hard time to read those pages. 

Here's a transcript. It's not so long a read actually.

(No, Tyrion was not supposed to impregnate Arya, or end up married to Sansa... I don't know how people come about such interpretations. He was supposed to "befriend" both Arya and Sansa which, in Sansa's case, might translate to him not raping her and her not hating him and thinking of him as kind.)

Here's a transcript. It's not so long a read actually.

(No, Tyrion was not supposed to impregnate Arya, or end up married to Sansa... I don't know how people come about such interpretations. He was supposed to "befriend" both Arya and Sansa which, in Sansa's case, might translate to him not raping her and her not hating him and thinking of him as kind.)

Thanks. 

So it looks like there is no cersei. And Joffery seems to be more mature (having child and leading the war)

Or maybe Jiame was turned into a twin? Tyrion can still be a dwarf, I guess. 

And I also feel that Jon and Arya would end up romantically even in current series. 

And in this draft there is no love story for Dany!

I bet she loved Jon but Jon was into Arya. 

That is why she and Tyrion ended up in ally. :)

Oh okay. I must've confused what happened in the books to what was meant to happen in the books. I still think draft/orginal Tyrion was split into current Theon and Tyrion though.

Not Theon. More like Ramsey. He also seems to be the Tywin figure, too.

And although he could still, technically, be a dwarf, he doesn't feel so, in the draft.

Archived