Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

I know they fucked up when I was rooting for cersei.

Every time I'm tempted, my head!DVR goes:

Announcer:Previously on Game of Thrones

Cersei: We have a wolf. (grins triumphantly at Robert, Ned, and Sansa).

Nota bene: I can't even watch that damn Sarah McLachlan commercial for the humane society with all the abused puppies in it. 

yet in the show she had nothing to do with Joffrey's death. Which is weird because he was much more evil (and in your face about it) then bookJoff

They are so inconsistent, the characters change from episode to episode, from season to season, there's no rhyme or reason to any of this.

Every time I'm tempted, my head!DVR goes:

Announcer:Previously on Game of Thrones

Cersei: We have a wolf. (grins triumphantly at Robert, Ned, and Sansa).

That was so season 1. The boring season, when they stuck to the book story (sort of). Before they made vast improvements.

I don't see where he says I'll be 28 in December? The last line is "Was Kit Harington (28) just screwing around with yours truly, or did he blatantly spill the beans?":

http://www.humo.be/humo-archief/352038/testament-of-youth-kit-jon-snow-harington-tussen-zwaard-en-buskruit

'

The article says he is 28, so wouldn't that mean the interview was given after December? (I see where the OP gets his age wrong, that wasn't the translation, then he posts the line above.)

I don't read the Humo so I cannot say what is the entire article. But your translation is right. The date of the article is 8 september 2015. But I don't know anything.

i am confused by the fact that they see the Lannisters as heroes. you would think they would go completely pro-Stark and completely miss the moral ambiguity of characters like Cersei and Jaime... instead they saw Tywin as a hero, Cersei as a heroine but still saw Jaime as a monster... it makes no sense?

i am confused by the fact that they see the Lannisters as heroes. you would think they would go completely pro-Stark and completely miss the moral ambiguity of characters like Cersei and Jaime... instead they saw Tywin as a hero, Cersei as a heroine but still saw Jaime as a monster... it makes no sense?

Do fanboys ever make sense with their choice of character?

He's in a romance that lots of readers like. They had to mess it up.

Benioff, keeping us straight:

The real Jaime Lannister isn't the good looking, charming rogue. The real Jaime is a monster, he's a beast, and [killing] is what he loves to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJSAmS8Wvg

Jaime defends women from rape in the books. He's turned into a rapist on the show.

Non-readers were saying what a good guy Tywin was in season 2 when he came to the rescue in Harrenhal and became Arya's kindly grandpa. Never mind that he hired a band of thugs to rape and pillage. They actually had him tell the Mountain to knock it off. And now Jaime is all, HE KILLED MY FATHER! He wants to kill Saint Tyrion. What a mess they made.

He defends women from rape in the books. He's turned into a rapist on the show.

Non-readers were saying what a good guy Tywin was in season 2 when he came to the rescue in Harrenhal and became Arya's kindly grandpa. Never mind that he hired a band of thugs to rape and pillage. They actually had him tell the Mountain to knock it off. And now Jaime is all, HE KILLED MY FATHER! He wants to kill Saint Tyrion. What a mess they made.

paranoid theory of the day:

Jaime is tall, good looking and fit/sporty type, just as Sansa reminds them of the pretty girl who rejected them in highschool, so Jaime reminds them of the jerk jock who girls actually liked (because he was likable, not because they felt sorry for him and put up with his 'friendship' out of pity).

paranoid theory of the day:
Jaime is tall, good looking and fit/sporty type, just as Sansa reminds them of the pretty girl who rejected them in highschool, so Jaime reminds them of the jerk jock who girls actually liked (because he was likable, not because they felt sorry for him and put up with his 'friendship' out of pity).

Yes, revenge of the nerds, exactly. Sansa is the cheerleader who rejected Tyrion. She can't have a romance with Sandor. Jaime is a jock. He can't have a romance with Brienne. They are unworthy.

There's more here, Benioff just keeps going at Jaime. He's like Babu on Seinfeld, VERY BAD MAN!

"You are right to be disturbed by it. I think it was a brutal scene... It felt to us when we were writing it like this is something the character was going to do at that moment. And it was a horrible thing to do."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvVluNxujc

"It becomes a really kind of horrifying scene, because you see, obviously, Joffrey's body right there, and you see that Cersei is resisting this. She's saying no, and he's forcing himself on her. So it was a really uncomfortable scene, and a tricky scene to shoot."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUScAGHJHR4

Yes, revenge of the nerds, exactly. Sansa is the cheerleader who rejected Tyrion. She can't have a romance with Sandor. Jaime is a jock. He can't have a romance with Brienne. They are unworthy.

There's more here, Benioff just keeps going at Jaime. He's like Babu on Seinfeld, VERY BAD MAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvVluNxujc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUScAGHJHR4

I thought nerds were supposed to be intelligent. Apparently not.

Archived