Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

If there is another name whose pronunciation I hate more than Sean Bean is Sean O'Neal.

"Chambín". "Chononil".

In the same article, they kinda hinted that Cristina Macia (official translator for ASOIAF, who is, I have to admit, not very good), also had some information about it. They did comment that there was a meeting for all the ASOIAF translators, so... maaaaaybe they do know something?

"Bastión de Tormentas" for Storm's End sounds badass. But that's the exception rather than the rule.

I'm Spanish, and I can tell you that filming in Spain is extremly cheap. I lived in Tarragona for two years. My uncle was the TV critic of the most important Catalan newspaper. He told me many times that the relative "poor" quality of the average Spanish film was a result of using low budgets

LOL

Worst kept secret in TV history indeed.

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-gets-theatrical-plus-massive-spoilers-for-season-six/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Ah, so it seems we'll most likely have [spoiler]Action hero Jon vs Ramsey Sue, a true Clash of the Titans.[/spoiler]

Seriously, why were they sooooooooooo keen on the whole 'Jon Snow is deader than dead' and 'Kit is not coming back' bullshit? Did they really think they'd manage to keep it a secret? And if that's the case, why didn't they do anything to keep it a fucking secret? The guy's been seen everywhere, including on set filming.
It's just so moronic, I really can't understand what the hell they were trying to achieve with this nonsense.

Ah, so it seems we'll most likely have [spoiler]Action hero Jon vs Ramsey Sue, a true Clash of the Titans.[/spoiler]

Seriously, what was the point of everybody on the show towing the "Jon is definitely dead" line if this shit is going to come to light three months later? GRRM has played this well; whenever he is asked about Jon's fate he gives a cheeky answer - playing a game of "is he or isn't he". It gives him wiggle room when it comes to the execution.

Instead the show have been adamant that Jon is dead, so how can we possibly be surprised when he comes back? Every glimpse of Kit on set is treated with hysteria now, so who exactly are they trying to fool?

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

And the WiC is not really secret about it. Their tweet:

[spoiler]Kit Harington purportedly spotted filming big battle scene for Season 6, Episode 9 near Saintfield.[/spoiler]

is not really secret about it. What if I did not want to know that  :rolleyes:

Edit: Did he actually cut his hair? 

Seriously, what was the point of everybody on the show towing the "Jon is definitely dead" line if this shit is going to come to light three months later? GRRM has played this well; whenever he is asked about Jon's fate he gives a cheeky answer - playing a game of "is he or isn't he". It gives him wiggle room when it comes to the execution.

Instead the show have been adamant that Jon is dead, so how can we possibly be surprised when he comes back? Every glimpse of Kit on set is treated with hysteria now, so who exactly are they trying to fool?

Yep, they'll be shown up as liars in front of everyone. I bet they'll hide behind "well, technically he was dead..." and the apologists will lap it up, but we'll know that they are just lying for more shock and gasps, as if that's all that's needed to make a good show. 

Wait, I just now read the news of the stage actors. Are they... Are they doing Mercy? Wasn't Arya killing Meryn Trant already Mercy???

And Arya killing Polliver or whoever before that was too. So now we'll get Mercy III - attack of the clones
Or return of mercy or whatever. So. stupid.

Archived