Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Dirty Jaime and Bad Bronn. What happened? Our dreams of a really bad but somewhat entertaining adaptation on the basest level faded fast...

LOL  I know, it had such cheesy potential and they even ruined that.  I am off to the big wide world, check in later.  Have fun Ranters!!   :cheers:  

Say, we haven't been reminded by the Ds that Jaime is a bad guy in quite a while. 

Actually Season 5 had one D&D trademark "YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY HATE THIS GUY BECAUSE WE DO!" moment with Jaime - on the way to Dorne when he's talking about how he'll kill Tyrion-Who-Is-Everyones-Favorite-Character-Because-Hes-A-Funny-Midget when he gets a chance. Funny how it was the other way around in the books too...

Yes....maybe I'm too optimistic.....but the show (seasons 1-4) was the reason I became a book reader.

I agree with you that the scenes are well directed, but we have a big problem with the "essence" of the story.

But now that we'll have 8/7+ seasons maybe they are going to improve it. ?????

BTW, 3000 potential pages to adapt into 2+/3 seasons scares me...

Since we were talking about direction, I'd like to add that I hope you're not agreeing with me about the scenes being well directed. Because I never said that, just to keep the record straight. I said the directors only direct scenes and not actors, but never that the direction (in general) is great or even good. :)

Who needs narrative, consistency, continuity, a basic adherence to the source material, even direwolves ... who needs any of that when you have shock, bewbs, Sassy Olenna and Smartass Bronn, and DRAGONS? 

I am not hopeful for season 6 and beyond, and pray to the old gods and the new that tWoW comes out before April. 

It will, and season 6 will be the best comedy on TV. :lol:

Has he gotten a good surgeon yet? You know, to help him remove his foot from his mouth?

I'm compiling a list of all these instances. While some animals may suffer from Foot and Mouth disease, these guys have a chronic case of Foot in Mouth. :rolleyes:

ETA: btw, if anyone remembers more examples of foot in mouth, let me know!

Oh dear Gods. If there was one thing I was glad for, it was D & D not getting their hands on lesbian characters. Figuratively speaking... well, and literally, too. Not that I'd wish them on any straight or gay male character, but that damage has already been done. Now, they consider Brienne to be a lesbian, somehow, some way...

Graves sounds as if he's read that essay about the lesbian continuum, and now he's a fan... in the same way that D&D seem to be "fans" of ASOIAF... Well, understanding is a three-edged sword, as the Vorlons say...

Did they not fuck up any gay/bi character? I know I talk about this one topic a lot, but it's kind of personal by now  :P Let's see...
Loras- Joke character

Renly- Joke character Just joke, honestly

Oberyn- The fact that he's probably the character from this list they screwed up the least is pretty sad... I'm not gonna say they went with bisexuality=Hypersexuality because Oberyn is implied to get around a lot in the books, but c'mon, his first scene is an orgy...

Ellaria- Revenge crazed beast, who killed an innocent straight girl with a poisoned, unconsented kiss (And same as Oberyn)

Nymeria- haha. Yeah. No.

Connington- Non-existent (And thank god, looking at their track record...)

Special mentions to Play With Her Ass and to Olyvar.

Did they not fuck up any gay/bi character? I know I talk about this one topic a lot, but it's kind of personal by now  :P

Oh yes! But those were male. Bad enough.

Now, let's see. The writers (imho) are also mysogynistic, which means it will be twice as bad (again, just in my opinion)... Oh, and I completely understand if it's getting personal... really!!

Might be less funny, if the rumors a true and he is literally beaten and raped to (near) death in season 6. :ack:

What. What? What! %$¨$(*¨%(*¨$%¨*$¨#&%@#&%#$¨$%&

WHAT?

Haven't heard these rumours... 

Did they not fuck up any gay/bi character? I know I talk about this one topic a lot, but it's kind of personal by now  :P Let's see...
Loras- Joke character

Renly- Joke character Just joke, honestly

Oberyn- The fact that he's probably the character from this list they screwed up the least is pretty sad... I'm not gonna say they went with bisexuality=Hypersexuality because Oberyn is implied to get around a lot in the books, but c'mon, his first scene is an orgy...

Ellaria- Revenge crazed beast, who killed an innocent straight girl with a poisoned, unconsented kiss (And same as Oberyn)

Nymeria- haha. Yeah. No.

Connington- Non-existent (And thank god, looking at their track record...)

Special mentions to Play With Her Ass and to Olyvar.

Oberyn was probably the least offensive LGB character but...that's kind of by necessity. There's no point including him if you aren't going to focus on the Elia/Mountain stuff, so even D+D had to have a bi character whose character wasn't entirely about their sexuality. D+D don't get credit for that. Even when their show isn't completely offensive it's still worse than the books. So clearly all they've done is not quite ruined Oberyn.

The rumor is from reddit I think (do a search for Finn it should show up). I'm really hoping Finn was just having that fangirl on, but at DragonCon he supposedly said to some fan that Loras is buggered and beaten and his clothes fall apart until he ends up pretty much naked. Wouldn't put that past D&D though.

Archived