Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Disappointed dad never happy with their choices who happened to burn their sister Sharon alive when the car got stuck after waiting 15 minutes for help.

If only they had listened to him. If they had gone into banking, atleast we wouldn't have to put up with this travesty of a show spoiling our favourite book series.

If only they had listened to him. If they had gone into banking, atleast we wouldn't have to put up with this travesty of a show spoiling our favourite book series.

Spoiling is a bit strong. I can't really considers anything on screen a spoiler because anything that might be from the books is being shown through a lens of d&d bs. The only spoiler for me was the Shireen burning thing were they basically hid behind George.

I don't see where he says I'll be 28 in December? The last line is "Was Kit Harington (28) just screwing around with yours truly, or did he blatantly spill the beans?":

http://www.humo.be/humo-archief/352038/testament-of-youth-kit-jon-snow-harington-tussen-zwaard-en-buskruit

The article says he is 28, so wouldn't that mean the interview was given after December? (I see where the OP gets his age wrong, that wasn't the translation, then he posts the line above.)

You're right, it's the person posting on reddit who made the mistake and said Kit would turn 28 in December. My bad, reading comprehension fail. :dunce:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3233239/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Game-Thrones-star-Emilia-Clarke-t-stand-sex-scenes.html

As the star of the ‘sex and dragons’ drama Game Of Thrones, Emilia Clarke has disrobed in the name of her art numerous times, but she has now called for fewer explicit scenes on TV.
‘Sex scenes should be more subtle,’ the 28-year-old tells me at a party in Mayfair.
---
Emila adds: ‘Most sex scenes you see in films or on TV are gratuitous and they’re usually just to attract an audience.
‘On screen, the subtler the better.’ Nothing like Game Of Thrones then!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3233239/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Game-Thrones-star-Emilia-Clarke-t-stand-sex-scenes.html

As the star of the ‘sex and dragons’ drama Game Of Thrones, Emilia Clarke has disrobed in the name of her art numerous times, but she has now called for fewer explicit scenes on TV.
‘Sex scenes should be more subtle,’ the 28-year-old tells me at a party in Mayfair.
---
Emila adds: ‘Most sex scenes you see in films or on TV are gratuitous and they’re usually just to attract an audience.

Worth noting though is that her sex scenes have become pretty much non-existent, so maybe she's using some of her clout as one of the show's biggest stars. Especially if the "no more nude scenes for Emilia" rumour was true. Was that ever confirmed?

If that is the reason for the lack of Dany/Daario sex scenes though, it sadly creates unfortunate implications, when one of the only happy, healthy sexual relationships left on the show isn't shown on screen.

I'm not sure how true or not true the info is, but both Mail and The Independent say the same (TI was quoting the Mail article)

"The 28-year-old told showrunners two years ago that she would not be taking part in any more topless shots because she "wanted to be known for her acting, not her breasts", according to co-star Oona Chaplin."

And here an interview with Oona from 2013 where she talks about this, but doesn't name who said "enough":

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/game-thrones-actress-refuses-nude-castmate-article-1.1351729

I've talked with a show-only friend today and we talked about how ridiculous he found the FTW scene. He agreed it looked like they were on a line to stab Jon, waiting for their turn.

Jaime defends women from rape in the books. He's turned into a rapist on the show.

Non-readers were saying what a good guy Tywin was in season 2 when he came to the rescue in Harrenhal and became Arya's kindly grandpa. Never mind that he hired a band of thugs to rape and pillage. They actually had him tell the Mountain to knock it off. And now Jaime is all, HE KILLED MY FATHER! He wants to kill Saint Tyrion. What a mess they made.

Wait, does show!Jaime want to kill Tyrion? If he said it in S5, I forgot. Since they left in good terms (for... whatever reason) and all...

Wait, does show!Jaime want to kill Tyrion? If he said it in S5, I forgot. Since they left in good terms (for... whatever reason) and all...

Jaime didn't said that. Larry on the other hand ...

I think it is the same episode that the Tarth gaze. He is talking with Bronn about Tyrion.

I've talked with a show-only friend today and we talked about how ridiculous he found the FTW scene. He agreed it looked like they were on a line to stab Jon, waiting for their turn.

Yeah, he's talking with Bronn, and Bronn says something like, "the next time you see him [Tyrion]", and Larry says, "The next time I see him, I'll split him in half", or something along those lines.

I mean, it makes sense that Jaime would be pissed off after learning that Tyrion killed Tywin, which (I think?) he didn't know when they said goodbye to each other. But if Jaime was gonna end up angry at Tyrion anyways, then why change it to make them leave in good terms in the first place?
Oh wait. For Tyrion's sake. He didn't rightfully (and intentionally!) anger Jaime in their farewell with a lie. He left in friendly terms, but now Jaime, being the monster he is, wants to kill Tyrion. :(

I mean, it makes sense that Jaime would be pissed off after learning that Tyrion killed Tywin, which (I think?) he didn't know when they said goodbye to each other. But if Jaime was gonna end up angry at Tyrion anyways, then why change it to make them leave in good terms in the first place?
Oh wait. For Tyrion's sake. He didn't rightfully (and intentionally!) anger Jaime in their farewell with a lie. He left in friendly terms, but now Jaime, being the monster he is, wants to kill Tyrion. :(

I think it's also to show that St Tyrion had no intention whatsoever to kill Tywin. He was driven to it by Shae's betrayal and attempt on his life. Poor St Tyrion!

Worth noting though is that her sex scenes have become pretty much non-existent, so maybe she's using some of her clout as one of the show's biggest stars. Especially if the "no more nude scenes for Emilia" rumour was true. Was that ever confirmed?

If that is the reason for the lack of Dany/Daario sex scenes though, it sadly creates unfortunate implications, when one of the only happy, healthy sexual relationships left on the show isn't shown on screen.

I agree, but they could show a lot without showing boobs, if that's her problem. They went overboard with her, they go overboard with everyone and everything, but they could suggest sexual intimacy without showing a lot.

In the old movies, they would show really passionate kissing, to suggest how things would be under the sheets when they faded to black. So where was the passionate kissing between Dany and Daario? Nowhere.

They have no excuse, really. 

The scene where Dany tells Drogo this night I would look on your face was very different in the books, just like the wedding night was very different in the books. Dany took Drogo's hand and he followed her, he let her take the lead. But even so, she wasn't nude in the show scene, and if you could get past them messing it up, the scene conveyed closeness and intimacy. There are many ways of telling stories. But sex is very much a part of ASOIAF, so they need to find a way to get these things across, and they could have with Dany and Daario, but they didn't do a good job of that at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4kkzLY9UFY (NSFW)

And what did Stannis do to them then? Was he the strict teacher who scolded them for being lazy fucks?

I think for D&D Stannis' main fault was hooking up with a religious fanatic, RELIGION BAD, and......not being the amusing brother or the extremely exploitable gay brother in the Baratheon band.  Stannis is the third wheel in the family, but still, his main crime, D&D verse, is teaming up with a religious fanatic, I'm sure.  

I've just checked. GoT and Dinklage (for Hardhome. HARDHOME. And his cringeworthy dialogue with Emilia) are Emmy-nominated against Better Call Saul and Jonathan Banks, respectively.

Beat the dwarf, Jonathan, beat him! (Drama Series is more tricky; it's Mad Men that will do, or GoT is gonna take it)

Jonathan Banks in the final scene of "The Mike Episode" of Better Call Saul moved me more than anything Dinklage has ever done on GoT. Like period.

I will say though, I was actually watching The Station Agent a couple nights ago, and at the part where Dinklages character goes to the bar and has his breakdown he actually reminded me more of Book Tyrion than show Tyrion ever did.

---

Sex and Dragons............this really is what D&D have turned the show story into, and.......I guess that explains the lack of direwolves, too.  GRRM is hopefully typing away.  

Archived