?Azor Ahai and Last Hero

Cragen

Why people give so much attention to Azor Ahai prophecy and how ignore Old Nan story about Last Hero? Best and most accurate information about Long Night and Others we get from Old Nan stories. On the other hand red priests are have lot of misinformation and I don't see how religion or ideologies who see world in black and white are good source to get truth from, especially in ASOIAF. Plus, Old Nan stories are coming from folklore of people who are closest to this treat and followers of Lord of Light are on the other side of world.
I think that story of Last Hero is important because it can give information how to defeat Others.
Share yours thoughts.

"Best and most accurate information" should not be used to describe fairy tales.

Fairy tales that are proved to be accurate in actual novels. Every other character, in moment we heard story, thinks that Others are just that fairy tales that and they are wrong.

What carries more weight legends or folk tales? In looking at both stories it's fairly reasonable to say they are the same story. One learns about the tools required in the A A tale and who the allies are in the LH.

But nobody in The North talk about burning sword, if that kind of swords existed don't you think that will be central piece of story anywhere. To me it seems convenient for red priests to hero have burning sword.

Bran is the Last Hero.  Each culture has its hero figure, the one who supposedly turned back the long night.  Ofcourse the long night could have just ended on its own.  Superstition attribute the beneficial change to a local hero.  Some cultures call that hero, Azor Ahai.  The Dothraki would have their own name for the hero who stopped the ghost grass from killing all the other vegetation. 

Bran is the Last Hero.  Each culture has its hero figure, the one who supposedly turned back the long night.  Ofcourse the long night could have just ended on its own.  Superstition attribute the beneficial change to a local hero.  Some cultures call that hero, Azor Ahai.  The Dothraki would have their own name for the hero who stopped the ghost grass from killing all the other vegetation.

I understand all of this. I post this because people on forum usually talk about AA prophecy as they are convinced this is undeniable truth and lot of discussions are about who AAR is. I also think that is just red priests interpretation of Long Night and I can't see how is AAR prophecy more important then Last Hero story. Maybe I miss something but AA story isn't convincing. I know this is fantasy novel but scream of Nissa Nissa making crack on the moon don't sound believable. Only way to this be true is that Lord of Light is real good and I don't think so.

Archived