Football 4-3 International break is finally over!

baxus

I don't think I'll be able to watch the important game tomorrow. There is a birthday party in my son's class, so that for some reason takes the front seat.

I would, however, be thrilled if we win 1-0 with Stones getting the winner. That would really make my week.

Lovren apparently set to play again and praised by Rodgers too (does he ever learn?)...

:lol: I'll never understand this decision of Rodgers. We have a young centre back who has captained PSG and France and who is just much better than Lovren. Sakho has got to be pissed off. Not only is he not getting any minutes for us but because of that I doubt he is gonna be getting called up to France any time soon. Feel bad for him, wouldn't be surprised to see him move to a CL club next summer if he remains third choice.

Well I disagree completely about Sakho being pants but regardless I don't see how any one with eyes can think he has been worse than Lovren during both of their careers with Liverpool..
Reading Rooney will be out tomorrow and Fellaini will play up top, wonder if Martial will get in at all.

I was doubting Martial would have started, but if Rooney is out, he might. Having thought about it I suspect his role, or at least the plan, will be to have him just behind the striker in the role LVG loved Robben in the world cup in so much that he's already tried to fit Di Maria and Depay into it. He's another similar sort of player on paper, but more used to actually playing up front, which could make him a better fit than the previous two attempts.

Stones has been brilliant at the back thus far. Can see why Chelsea were so desperate to sign him.

Yeah I've watched Everton every week so far this year I think and this is by far his best showing of the season. Great game for him. Chelsea could use some Hazard magic but he's been absent all game.
Oooo Hatrick, great ball from Barkley.

If Arsenal don't get all three points then it's entirely Walcott's fault.

My grandma would have buried that free header. Sanchez hit the woodwork twice and both times Walcott did not react to get the follow-up.

The guy is not a centre-forward.

I've seen Giroud miss headers like that a hundred times. Just watch Monaco game and you'll see it at least 3 times. Also, second time Sanchez hit the post, it hit the inside and was nowhere near where Walcott was, it went to Ozil.

Now Walcott scores on a 30 yard pass from Ozil that Giroud would never score. So yea, neither Giroud nor Walcott are clinical enough to be a starting striker for a team with title ambitions though Sanchez missing every shot isn't helping either.

Archived