Is it possible that Jeor Mormont is Coldhands?

FacelessDude

Jeor Mormont dies at Craster's Keep and Coldhands is described as wearing old night's watch clothing, plus he commands a flock of ravens. Jeor Mormont always had that raven on his shoulder (which foretold alot by its speech). So maybe it's crackpot or maybe not? What do you think?

Jeor Mormont would've had quite a bit of knowledge about the other NW castles, and possibly the Black Gate.

Coldhands rescued Sam and Gilly...Sam would have recognized him, even with a scarf over his mouth. Plus...as was pointed out, Leaf says they killed him long ago and Leaf's perception of 'long ago' is probably even longer than human terms.

"He cannot come."
"They'll kill him."
"No. They killed him long ago. Come now. It is warmer down deep, and no one will hurt you there. He is waiting for you."

Coldhands rescued Sam and Gilly...Sam would have recognized him, even with a scarf over his mouth. Plus...as was pointed out, Leaf says they killed him long ago and Leaf's perception of 'long ago' is probably even longer than human terms.

Forgot about that. Then who is Coldhands? I know there are multiple theories on him.

Personally, I think he belongs to Bloodraven and is probably just a random NW brother who was killed beyond the Wall long ago. It may be BR who is skinchanging him and doing the speaking like Bran does with Hodor. GRRM may surprise me and he turns out to be significant, but I actually think his importance is done and Bran & Co. will leave the cave a different way (if they leave)

There are a number of interesting theories if he does turn out to be 'someone', but I don't think he's Jeor or Benjen.

Archived